It's Time Once Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Time Once Again

For another marathon connection cleaning session. 36 tubes (16 output tubes and 20 small signal tubes) and all those interconnects, speaker cable and power cord connections! Just Kontak and Qtips on rcas, cables and output tubes. Fiberglass pen first, then Flitz, clean with pure water concluded with good cleaning with Kontak with small signal tubes.
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
    -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
    -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Some before and after pics of cleaning the RFT 12AT7 tubes. Never previously cleaned. Note that flitz is grey but the black oxidation products are pretty obvious. Click image for larger version  Name:	20170506_132802.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.01 MB ID:	53309Click image for larger version  Name:	20170506_134628.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.78 MB ID:	53310Click image for larger version  Name:	20170506_134924.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.89 MB ID:	53311Click image for larger version  Name:	20170506_134212.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.72 MB ID:	53312

-VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Comment

• RoadDawgWest
      RoadDawgWest commented
      Editing a comment
      Just completed my spring cleaning last weekend. Those Q-tips look familiar.

Albert turned me on to those fiberglas pens- they are great!

Comment

Where do you buy the Kontak? I've never seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by Analog21 View Post
        Where do you buy the Kontak? I've never seen it.
        It probably takes a half bottle to do my system but I'm definitely an outlier.

Comment

never heard of the fiberglass pen....sounds like a good idea... I'll try it. (no tubes but lots of connections)

Comment

• Bill Hart
            Bill Hart commented
            Editing a comment
            Afterwards, you've got to clean the surface where you apply the fiberglas brush, since it may leave some residue of little fiberglas particles. I had an old rectifier that had a layer of solder on the pins-- wouldn't fit into the (otherwise) correct tube socket; the fiberglas is pretty abrasive, was able to abrade enough from the pins to make a good clean contact.

Originally posted by Stringreen View Post
          never heard of the fiberglass pen....sounds like a good idea... I'll try it. (no tubes but lots of connections)
          I wouldn't use the fiberglass pen on plated type connections : gold, rhodium, silver etc. - they will abrade those types of metals......they are great for tube pins
          Phono: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 Power Supplies and Volume controls
          Brinkmann Balance & RonT Tube Power supply with Kuzma 4-point ,FR64S, Brinkmann 12.1 , .Koetsu Jade Platinum,Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum, Lyra Atlas Lamda, Lyra Etna SL Goldfinger Statement, KLAUDIO RCM, HRSM3X
          Amps: Custom Direct Drive, Wyetech Topaz, Futterman H3 Quad II,Citation II, Marantz 8b, 5 ,2. Bedini 25/25
          Pre-Amps:Marantz 7, Marantz Model 1 Consolette Pair
          Speakers: Beveridge Model 3 Direct Drive amps, REL S/2 x 2, Quad ESL pair
          Otari 5050BXII, DeHavilland 222

Comment

Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post
            For another marathon connection cleaning session. 36 tubes (16 output tubes and 20 small signal tubes) and all those interconnects, speaker cable and power cord connections! Just Kontak and Qtips on rcas, cables and output tubes. Fiberglass pen first, then Flitz, clean with pure water concluded with good cleaning with Kontak with small signal tubes.
            I was thinking about doing this last night... but it is such a chore. I will have to do it soon. I try to engage in this 2x a year.. Christmas holiday time and one other half way through.

What a difference this exercise makes in you system... try the blades of your power cords as well with flitz and wash with alcohol and distilled water... wow!
            Phono: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 Power Supplies and Volume controls
            Brinkmann Balance & RonT Tube Power supply with Kuzma 4-point ,FR64S, Brinkmann 12.1 , .Koetsu Jade Platinum,Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum, Lyra Atlas Lamda, Lyra Etna SL Goldfinger Statement, KLAUDIO RCM, HRSM3X
            Amps: Custom Direct Drive, Wyetech Topaz, Futterman H3 Quad II,Citation II, Marantz 8b, 5 ,2. Bedini 25/25
            Pre-Amps:Marantz 7, Marantz Model 1 Consolette Pair
            Speakers: Beveridge Model 3 Direct Drive amps, REL S/2 x 2, Quad ESL pair
            Otari 5050BXII, DeHavilland 222

Comment

• MylesBAstor
              MylesBAstor commented
              Editing a comment
              Totally agree! The noise floor drops dramatically, there's less edge to the sound and the system is far more transparent.

Originally posted by Stringreen View Post
            See post #2

Furutech NCF Nano GTX-D NCF-R AC receptacles The best I've heard in my system beating even the GTX-D Au that I so liked. A bit quieter, more resolving and

Comment

Working...
            X