Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grizzly Works Record Tote

Looks really nice in pics.
    An enterprising Aussie, Anthony Sawyer, the owner of GrizzlyWorks who manufacture bespoke Hi-Fi racks saw an opportunity for a specially designed way to safely transport vinyl records, but with a bit of style.
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
    -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
    -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Available on USAudioMart. $134 USD.
    Classifieds: DEALER AD - Leather Satchel for Vinyl LPs and more asking for $185.00

-VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Comment

Perfect for audio shows.

What do they charge to ship to the US?
      Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio V3 Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS; Durand Telos and SME 3012R Tonearms, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Miyajima Zero; Reel to Reel: Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810; Studer A812; Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC> Lampizator Pacific

Comment

So, a few years ago, a collector/neighbor at the time showed up for a listening session with some vintage LP case- it reminded me of a school lunchbox. I think he was as proud of the case as he was the records (he had quite a collection).
        I'm kind of to the point where the records don't travel.
        I was always a little skeptical about those metal record boxes with the foam lining--i know people use them for shows but i wouldn't want to leave the records in them for any length of time given plastic interactions with the foam. (You know the cases I mean, they look like a cheap version of a Halliburton).
        There was some dude at one of the WFMU shows a few years ago that had these beautiful varnished or stained wooden boxes, felt trimmed, looked like something you'd put vintage surgical instruments in. Probably pretty heavy.

Comment

They responded to my postal cost inquiry quickly.

These are the cost in USD for 1, 2 and 3 units.

Converted we are looking at approx $169.27US for a single, $322.95US for 2, or $469.44US for 3.

The discounts all relate to the shipping cost.
          Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio V3 Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS; Durand Telos and SME 3012R Tonearms, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Miyajima Zero; Reel to Reel: Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810; Studer A812; Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC> Lampizator Pacific

Comment

Originally posted by dminches View Post
            They responded to my postal cost inquiry quickly.

These are the cost in USD for 1, 2 and 3 units.

Converted we are looking at approx $169.27US for a single, $322.95US for 2, or $469.44US for 3.

The discounts all relate to the shipping cost.
            Wow you got a faster response than me (none so far).

My only question was were the bags available?

Comment

Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post

Wow you got a faster response than me (none so far).

My only question was were the bags available?
              Based on his response, yes.

Comment

Just received.

Good morning Myles,

Thanks for your enquiry! I do have stock in both the black and antique brown ready to go.

Comment

G'day from Australia! Thank you Myles for the little plug- it means a lot to me and my tiny part time business

I'm looking forward to contributing in my own small way to what looks like a cool forum.

"The Satchel" handmade leather record bag
                  Custom racks and speaker stands
                  https://www.webstagram.one/user/grizzlyworks_racks
                  https://www.facebook.com/grizzlycustom/

Team global vintage/modern
                  Turntable- Pioneer PL-50L + Benz Micro Wood SL
                  Phono- Graham Slee Elevator + Reflex M
                  CD- Vimak DT-800
                  DAC- TEAC UD-501
                  Pre- Bel Canto Pre2P
                  Power- Yamaha B-1 and B-2(both fully restored)
                  Speakers- Energy Veritas 2.8

Comment

to Audionirvana Anthony! We even have a few of your fellow countrymen here too!

Comment

Beautiful bag. I would need 3 for the WFMU show haul.
                      PROGRESSIVE SOUNDS FROM AROUND THE WORLD
                      www.lasercd.com
                      www.lasersedgegroup.com

Rockport Aquila, Boulder 2010, Boulder 2008, Boulder 2060, Transparent Audio Reference XL, Nordost Quantum QBase8, TW Acustic AC Anniversary, TW Acustic Raven 10.5 arm, Lyra Atlas, Bricasti M1 Special Edition, SRA Scuttle3 rack + various SRA/Symposium stands

Comment

Originally posted by lasercd View Post
                        Beautiful bag. I would need 3 for the WFMU show haul.
                        Thanks mate!

CD- Vimak DT-800
                        DAC- TEAC UD-501
                        Pre- Bel Canto Pre2P

Comment

Mine came last week and got use to my satchel this weekend! First one shipped and sold in the US. I love it and the goat skin! Highly recommended!

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190224_100558.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.77 MB ID:	109050Click image for larger version  Name:	20190224_101035.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.20 MB ID:	109051

Comment

• MylesBAstor
                            MylesBAstor commented
                            Editing a comment
                            That's what I was told.

• Grizzly
                            Grizzly commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thank you Myles, I'm pleased it met with a warm response!!

• Grizzly
                            Grizzly commented
                            Editing a comment
                            And thank you Rob, as well!

Myles' was despatched slightly earlier than the other. So it was definitely the first sent😉

So far 2 have made it to the US.

CD- Vimak DT-800
                          DAC- TEAC UD-501
                          Pre- Bel Canto Pre2P

Comment

• MylesBAstor
                            MylesBAstor commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yay, I am #1 at something! 🤣

I used my today, stuffed it with 19 LPs half were gate-fold Click image for larger version

Name:	bag1.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	109984Click image for larger version

Name:	bag2.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	612.0 KB
ID:	109985
                          TechDAS | Graham Eng | ZYX | B.M.C. | Boulder | Magico

"Listening to Analogue music is an act of rebellion in a digital gulag" - Simon Yorke

Comment

• Grizzly
                            Grizzly commented
                            Editing a comment
                            That's a workout for your shoulder!!
                        Working...
                        X