• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    MylesBAstor
    Administrator

• MylesBAstor
    commented on 's reply
    Yes you are working against physics and chemistry.
  • seamonster
    Forum Leader

• seamonster
    commented on 's reply
    👍 It is so freaking tedious! Please don't spook me into adding a third rinse!
  • MylesBAstor
    Administrator

• MylesBAstor
    replied
    Originally posted by seamonster View Post
    I've been using Alconox Liquinox since July, cleaning both used and new records on an RCM (Okki Nokki, and Record Doctor nylon brushes). I don't believe my records could be any cleaner, or more silent, after my usual two rinses. I stopped using my ultrasonic cleaner after hearing the results. I've resigned myself to the drudgery.
    I see they've jacked the price up $12.00 for the quart size I bought. At this point, it seems to be a lifetime supply.
    I think multiple water rinses are obligatory.

Leave a comment:

• seamonster
    Forum Leader

• seamonster
    replied
    I've been using Alconox Liquinox since July, cleaning both used and new records on an RCM (Okki Nokki, and Record Doctor nylon brushes). I don't believe my records could be any cleaner, or more silent, after my usual two rinses. I stopped using my ultrasonic cleaner after hearing the results. I've resigned myself to the drudgery.
    I see they've jacked the price up $12.00 for the quart size I bought. At this point, it seems to be a lifetime supply.

Leave a comment:

• fcrowder
    Premier Club Member

• fcrowder
    replied
    At present, I am using a pair of Audiodesk Ultrasonic cleaners in tandem, the first with distilled water and the Audiodesk additive fluid, the second with reagent grade water with no additives. The rinse in the reagent grade water is audible in every instance; however, in some instances even that two stage process is not enough. In that event I follow up with either the AI enzyme based cleaner or in some instances their alcohol; based product, with a final pure water rinse. Strangely enough, some contaminants are more susceptible to one method than the other, although the ultrasonic cleaning is often sufficient.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Lefkowicz
    Premier Club Member

• Steve Lefkowicz
    commented on 's reply
    They didn't mention anything about Torumat, but the ingredients on the bottle just list: quad-filtered deionized water, commercial grade surfactants, wetting agents and anti-static additives.
  • kach22i

• kach22i
    replied
    RE: Audio Intelligent Premium One Step No 6

I've been using No. 6 for the past couple of weeks now.

On a dare to myself I used a distilled water rinse, and the record surface became more reflective and shiny. I now do a rinse as a result.

In addition when getting feedback in another forum several people suggested giving the enzymes more time to work than the 2-3 minutes in the instruction, 5-10 minutes for neglected LP's.

Overall happy with it, but have to face the fact that some used records just need to be replaced with a better copy if I am to truly enjoy them.

Leave a comment:

• 1morerecord2clean
    Premier Club Member

• 1morerecord2clean
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you Bill. I'll try that first when all my other fluids run dry.
  • Bill Hart
    Premier Club Member

• Bill Hart
    commented on 's reply
    Two thoughts: DIY type ultrasonic. Save you a bundle and will give you greater flexibility than the commercial ones. Second: i think you'll get better results using the AIVS No. 15 and a pure water rinse than a one step, even a one step by AI.
  • 1morerecord2clean
    Premier Club Member

• 1morerecord2clean
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Bill. The need for an RCM combined with an USM has kept me from buying an US. I have limited space and I think it's one or the other for me.so I might be hand cleaning until that grim reaper calls. Actually I think they might bury me with my RCM, half bent over with a record in my hands and a bottle of cleaning fluid too.
  • Bill Hart
    Premier Club Member

• Bill Hart
    commented on 's reply
    I used the Prelude stuff for a long time too, first 3 step, then 4 step. The AIVS No. 15 plus reagent water rinse is equally effective in my estimation with half the labor. Plus, you don't have to mix the enzyme powder, and wind up throwing away what you don't use, once mixed. The AIVS No 15 is an enzyme cleaner with additional surfactants, so in some ways, it is like steps 1 and 2 of the Prelude combined; plus, it contemplates longer soaking times than the Walker stuff as far as I know. I think you'll find, if you buy used records, that you'll still want the ability to pre-clean them using fluid and vacuum before you put them into the ultrasonic. The ultrasonic is fine for new records, but I'm also able to prolong the cleanliness of the US bath by only putting in cleaned records- whether new or used, I clean them first using Hannl fluid, or if really nasty, AIVS N0 15, or the Monks Break the Mold, plus Monks standard Discovery fluid, all followed by vacuum, then pure water rinse or two and vacuum, before anything goes into the US. I know that sounds time consuming, but I clean in sessions, and once I get going, a record is in the US and I'm cleaning another one. I can crank through quite a few if I am on my game. The US also seems to work better once it gets hot- another advantage, i think, of the DIY US using industrial baths which offer heat.

Guest commented on Guest's reply
    Thanks!
  • MylesBAstor
    Administrator

• MylesBAstor
    commented on Guest's reply
    Yes there is some glitch that am trying to figure out. It was affecting Brian and now you seem to have caught it. So far vbulletin's suggestions haven't helped but there is something else to try as a last resort. That is turning off the spam message protection. Give me until am back from CAF and can talk to them face to face rather than via email to sort the problem out.
  • 1morerecord2clean
    Premier Club Member

• 1morerecord2clean
    replied
    I have been using Lloyd Walkers 4 step process for years but probably going to change to AI 1-step so I can finish cleaning my records before the grim reaper calls may name. Maybe I will get one of the Ultra sonic machines later this year?

Leave a comment:

• allenh
    Premier Club Member

• allenh
    replied
    Unity Audio and TTVJ have their own RCFs as well. I use Unity Audio right now and like it over L'art du son and AI. Would like to try Hannl and TTVJ one day (it got some thumbs up on the Steve Hoffman Forums).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X