Flux HIFI Electronic Stylus Cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flux HIFI Electronic Stylus Cleaner

Years ago had a AT electronics stylus cleaner. Recently Mikey reviewed this new product (http://www.analogplanet.com/content/...kfdEeWjl3vT.97) and was taken by some before and after pictures of a dirty stylus. Anyone had a chance to experiment with the Flux HIFI product?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	14290037_1196021110471694_319570166413229565_o.jpg
Views:	502
Size:	390.7 KB
ID:	28364

Name:	14207853_1196021103805028_6547214759965022626_o.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	235.7 KB
ID:	28366

Name:	14435245_1196021107138361_7800810576467201857_o.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	231.9 KB
ID:	28365
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
    -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
    -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Not sure about the Flux product, but I still have my AT-637

they go for high prices on the used market https://www.hifishark.com/search?q=Audio+Technica+AT637

Myles, What do Lyra think about these devices? I read heresay that Dynavector did not recommend them.

Comment

I'd be interested to know more too- the idea scares me- though I understand the concept. And, what about cartridge makers who advise against any liquid (I don't run an Ortofon, which is one of these, but an Airtight). I'm a compulsive cleaner, though, not a naysayer, so am curious.....

Comment

In Mikey's article, he used the word CAREFULLY a few times. If Mikey is cautious man I'm not going to take any chances. I can see it now, WHOOPS #%@&%
        Chris
        ----------------------------------------------------------------
        Kef 201/2, Pass xa30.5, W4S STP-SE, Manley Chinook, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV20x2L, ExaSound e32, Acoustic Zen cables. (Office): Vincent SP331 Mkll, Quicksilver Pre, Lumin D1, (Ken Lau Signiture Edition PSU), Bryston BCD-1, Vapor Audio Breeze, WooAudio W6se,Questyle Audio CMA800R LCD-3,HD800s, HD600, Mr Speaker Ether C Flow,

Comment

Has anyone ever posted similar magnified photos after using a Magic Eraser to clean their stylus?

I used to own the Signet version of the AT-637 above and still own the Onzow Zerodust blob of goop. In my experience, neither one of these performs better than a Magic Eraser. If you factor in the cost of the ME, it's a no-brainer.
          Speakers: Rockport Avior
          Amp: Ypsilon Aelius Mk II (Silver Edition)
          Preamp: Pass Labs XS
          Phono preamp: EMIA LR Phono Corrector, Slagle Silver SUTs
          Phono: Continuum Criterion, Kuzma 4-Point, Lyra Etna SL Lambda
          Digital: dCS Network Bridge, dCS Scarlatti DAC
          Tape: Studer A80 RC, Doshi V3.0

Comment

• cpp
            cpp commented
            Editing a comment
            A Magic Eraser demo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sPpAlkXEm0

• Bill Hart
            Bill Hart commented
            Editing a comment
            Correct, John. You have to find the original stuff- not any with chemicals or scrubbing surfaces. I cut a piece down to about the size of the Oznow/Onzow and it is glued to a heavy circle of aluminum that keeps it from traveling or shifiting. (The foam blocks are larger and thicker than you need). I then use mine like the Oznow. Dip and up a couple or three times using the cueing lever on the arm. You must brush off and/or use goop afterwards to get rid of stray dust/particles of the melamine foam. You don't want your stylus coated with that dust playing a record.
            I think the foam was originally invented as a soundproofing material. Eventually, they will have drones made out of it- you can use it for almost everything. (I was going to post something else in that vein, but decided it was in bad taste).

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            wow - NOS Magic Eraser.

With my luck, these devices would clean the tip right off the cantilever....
          Magnepan 1.6 QR Loudspeakers, Amherst A-2000 MOSFET 150 WPC Amp, Conrad Johnson PV-10A Modded Tube Line & Phono Stage, Electrocompaniet MC II Class A Head Amp, Audio Technica AT-OC9XML Cart (Stereo) , Graham Engineering 2.2 Tonearm (Stereo) , VPI Aries-1 Turntable (Stereo) , VPI Clamp, Denon DL-102 Cart, (Mono) , Luxman Tonearm (Mono) , Kenwood KD-500 Turntable (Mpmp) , Michell Clamp, Marantz 20B Analog FM Tuner, Pioneer SACD, Onkyo DX-6800 CD Transport, DIY 24B/192K DAC, Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones, Headroom Max Balanced Headphone Amp, DIY Silver Interconnects

Comment

Originally posted by Metamatic View Post
            Not sure about the Flux product, but I still have my AT-637

they go for high prices on the used market https://www.hifishark.com/search?q=Audio+Technica+AT637

Myles, What do Lyra think about these devices? I read heresay that Dynavector did not recommend them.

I have one of these under the Signet name. What fluid do you use with yours?
            Steve Lefkowicz
            Senior Associate Editor at Positive Feedback
            -
            Analog 1: Linn LP12 (MOSE/Hercules II), Ittok, Dynavector 10X5 MK.II Low, iPhono2/iPowerX; Analog 2: Pro-Ject RPM-1 Carbon, Talisman S, iFi iPhono.
            Digital: Samsung 300E5C notebook, JRiver Media Center 28, Tidal HiFi, Qobuz Studio), iFi NEO iDSD, iFi iUSB3, iPurifier2, Audioquest Jitterbug.
            Electronics: DIY passive line-stage, Antique Sound Labs MG-SI15DT-S, Burson Timekeeper Virtuoso
            Speakers: Tekton Lore, Magneplaner .7
            Interconnects: Morrow Audio MA1, Vermouth Audio Black Pearl, Audioquest Evergreen
            Speaker cables: Morrow Audio SP4, Vermouth Audio Red Velvet, Audioquest Type 5
            Digital cables: Aural Symphonics USB, iFi Gemini twin-head USB.
            Accessories: Sound Organization turntable shelf, Mondo racks, Pangea Audio Vulcan rack, Pi Audio Group Über BUSS, Monster HTS2000 power conditioner, Kinetronics anti-static brush, Pro-Ject VC-S record cleaner, Spin Clean record cleaner.
            Headphones: Schiit Valhalla amp, Burson Conductor Virtuoso Amp, Meze Audio 99 Classic and 99 Neo, Beyerdynamic DT770Pro 600 ohm, DT770 Studio 80 ohm, 1More Triple Driver Over Ear, 1More Triple Driver IEM

Comment

• Metamatic
              Metamatic commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi Steve

I use no fluid. I remember back to my Linn days. they liked the AT stylus cleaner but recommended no fluid.

The only fluid I use these days is the Lyra SPT.

• Steve Lefkowicz
              Steve Lefkowicz commented
              Editing a comment
              Isn't it supposed to be an ultrasonic cleaner? without the fluid, wouldn't it just be a brush?

• MylesBAstor
              MylesBAstor commented
              Editing a comment
              I think there's a difference between US and high frequency vibrator. Even a drop of water wouldn't allow US to work. You would need a gel for US to work.

I've read good and bad comments about the Flux still not sure if I want to try on my Apheta 2
            McIntosh, George Merrill Super 12, Jelco, Ortofon, B&W, Kimber Select, Sound Application, Oyaide, VPI

Comment

In a case like this, my advice would always be to first check with manufacturer/importer/dealer first. Last thing want is warranty voided.

-VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
              -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
              -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
              -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Comment

The Flux HiFi cleaner was imported by Mike Pranka at Toffco, but I just checked and his web site (http://www.dynavector-usa.com) seems available on GoDaddy. Anyone know if Mike is okay? He 's always been a really nice guy. Is Dynavector USA still active?
                Steve Lefkowicz
                Senior Associate Editor at Positive Feedback
                -
                Analog 1: Linn LP12 (MOSE/Hercules II), Ittok, Dynavector 10X5 MK.II Low, iPhono2/iPowerX; Analog 2: Pro-Ject RPM-1 Carbon, Talisman S, iFi iPhono.
                Digital: Samsung 300E5C notebook, JRiver Media Center 28, Tidal HiFi, Qobuz Studio), iFi NEO iDSD, iFi iUSB3, iPurifier2, Audioquest Jitterbug.
                Electronics: DIY passive line-stage, Antique Sound Labs MG-SI15DT-S, Burson Timekeeper Virtuoso
                Speakers: Tekton Lore, Magneplaner .7
                Interconnects: Morrow Audio MA1, Vermouth Audio Black Pearl, Audioquest Evergreen
                Speaker cables: Morrow Audio SP4, Vermouth Audio Red Velvet, Audioquest Type 5
                Digital cables: Aural Symphonics USB, iFi Gemini twin-head USB.
                Accessories: Sound Organization turntable shelf, Mondo racks, Pangea Audio Vulcan rack, Pi Audio Group Über BUSS, Monster HTS2000 power conditioner, Kinetronics anti-static brush, Pro-Ject VC-S record cleaner, Spin Clean record cleaner.
                Headphones: Schiit Valhalla amp, Burson Conductor Virtuoso Amp, Meze Audio 99 Classic and 99 Neo, Beyerdynamic DT770Pro 600 ohm, DT770 Studio 80 ohm, 1More Triple Driver Over Ear, 1More Triple Driver IEM

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Lefkowicz View Post
                  The Flux HiFi cleaner was imported by Mike Pranka at Toffco, but I just checked and his web site (http://www.dynavector-usa.com) seems available on GoDaddy. Anyone know if Mike is okay? He 's always been a really nice guy. Is Dynavector USA still active?
                  http://www.dynavector-usa.com/

Works for me.

Comment

• Steve Lefkowicz
                    Steve Lefkowicz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's good to see. I tried it several times yesterday and it went straight to the godaddy page. Then again, last godaddy account I had did that at least once every few months too. Like I said, Mike is one of the good guys.
                Working...
                X