Tube Damping Rings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave Clark View Post
    I recall someone making a sleeve of sorts that slide over tubes... Ensemble?
    Yes they called them TubeSox. The Sicomin were similar but they also had this ring made out of a special material on top of the Kevlar sockThey weren't the easiest to,slip over tubes AIR.

TUBESOX™

TUBE DAMPERS

‘chases microphonic haze’
    unique, double action device, made of high-tech
    Kevlar ®/copper weave
    reduces microphonic effects on electron tubes and
    shields tubes from electromagnetic interference
    for small signal tubes of ECC81, 12AX7 etc. size
    packed as pair Chases microphonic haze

Put on Ensemble TUBESOX and hear the promise of your vacuum tube equipment fulfilled at last. Experience a more open, deeper soundstage that is more tightly focused. Enjoy your music with greatly enhanced transparency, integration and palpability, with overtones and timbres all coming to shine in a new way. With the TUBESOX in place, microphony in audio preamplification tubes is a thing of the past. For the first time you can hear the full, unrestricted quality performed by such audio tubes as the ECC81 (12AT7), ECC83 (12AX7), 6DJ8 and the like.

Made of heat-resistant Kevlar® and copper thread, the TUBESOX dampers efficiently suppress resonant energy and act as a shield against electromagnetic interference. Ensemble TUBESOX are not only easy to slide on but they adapt themselves to diameters varying between 17.5 and 22.5 mm (11/16″ and 7/8″). A slight pull at both ends will make them fit tight.

IMPORTANT: Remember to unplug your equipment from the mains before putting the TUBESOX on.

To give the sonic improvements their full impact, Ensemble CABLES ,known for their natural, ie neutral sound quality, are an obvious choice.

Kevlar® is a registered trademark of DuPont de Nemours.
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers, cj ART monoblock Amplifiers; cj GAT preamplifier Series 2; Doshi V3.0 phonostage; VPI Vanquish turntable/12-inch 3D tonearm/Lyra Atlas SL, Ortofon A95, Charisma Reference 2 cartridges; Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads/Doshi V3.0 tape stage run balanced; Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords. Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC. Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks; Audiodharma Cable Cooker; Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

They sure look great. I wonder of they over heat the tubes

Comment

David Manley used to refer to them as tube condoms.
        SP-10 MKII table with custom power supply designed and built by Peter Noerbaek, SME 312S arm, Dyna XV-1S cartridge, Zesto Andros 1.2 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, and NOLA KO speakers with a pair of Def Tech Ref subs.

Comment

Lol. And bullit proof too

Comment

Originally posted by Alrainbow View Post
            They sure look great. I wonder of they over heat the tubes
            No the Kevlar dissipates the heat.
            Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
            Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers, cj ART monoblock Amplifiers; cj GAT preamplifier Series 2; Doshi V3.0 phonostage; VPI Vanquish turntable/12-inch 3D tonearm/Lyra Atlas SL, Ortofon A95, Charisma Reference 2 cartridges; Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads/Doshi V3.0 tape stage run balanced; Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords. Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC. Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks; Audiodharma Cable Cooker; Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

Most of my experience with damping rings has involved visco-elastic rings that are designed to operate at the temperatures produced. My experiences have been mixed. In many instances I note a dulling of the top end which results in reduced life and fine detail. Note that I am not talking about some perceived dulling which is die to elimination of ringing. Rather, I am talking about loss of high end information. I will note that these rings look much better thought out than those with which I have had experience.
              Rockport Sirius/Ortofon A-90, Ypsilon Phono stage, Einstein preamp, EMM Labs TX2/DA2 digital, Audio Note Balanced Kegon amps, EMM Labs MTRX amps, Acapella Triolons, Jorma Prime and Odin 2 cables, Stage 3 Kraken power cords, HB Marble Powerslave, Finite Elemente Pagode stands, Halcyonics active isolation bases, Loricraft Audiodesk vinyl cleaners.

Comment

Working...
              X