Audio Rack Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ki Choi View Post
    Do anyone know who distributes Audiav racks in US?
    Ki,
    Try [email protected] or 260-908-0945.

Comment

While the Audiav Crystal Rack works great for my TT, my other rack made by Arcici is the cats meow in my opinion. Here is a link http://theac.co.uk/arcici.html
      That is the one I currently use for my gear it is awesome...

Comment

Originally posted by jcmusic View Post
        While the Audiav Crystal Rack works great for my TT, my other rack made by Arcici is the cats meow in my opinion. Here is a link http://theac.co.uk/arcici.html
        That is the one I currently use for my gear it is awesome...

RIP Ray Shab. He was one of the nicest manufacturers and distributors in high-end audio. Not a mean bone in his body and Ray carried some very nice products over they years. It never caught on but I really liked this triangular turntable that Robert Becker designed for Ray many, many year ago.
        Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
        Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
        -Goldmund Telos 280 stereo amp
        -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
        -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
        -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
        -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
        -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
        -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
        -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
        -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post

Like any rack, the use of a platform will provide additional benefit. At least in my system. Of course here the turntable and the cj GAT preamplifier. Much lower noise floor and better dynamics. Doubt it's the tubes because the GAT only has two tubes.

But I remember years ago Dave Wilson talking about how solid-state electronics and speaker xovers really benefited from additional isolation. I know that many years ago the JRDG amps certainly benefitted from additional isolation when I had them for review. And is it Ack or Peter A that uses vibraplanes under their PASS amplifiers?
          So if one had a strict budget for platforms and rack, is it better to invest in the better platforms, less expensive rack, equals parts of each, or vice versa? Just curious if anyone played around with the different combinations.

thx

Kronos Sparta -> Trinity Phono -> Trinity Pre -> CH Precision A1 -> Magico S7s

Comment

Originally posted by allenh View Post

So if one had a strict budget for platforms and rack, is it better to invest in the better platforms, less expensive rack, equals parts of each, or vice versa? Just curious if anyone played around with the different combinations.

thx

That's exactly the question that I raised a while back. Jonathan Tinn markets the Wavekinetic footers (I think MikeL uses some) and was pushing the proposition that one could use an inexpensive IKEA rack and the Wavekinetic footers. Wish Jonathan was around to talk more about this!

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage
            -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
            -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
            -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
            -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

That's exactly the question that I raised a while back. Jonathan Tinn markets the Wavekinetic footers (I think MikeL uses some) and was pushing the proposition that one could use an inexpensive IKEA rack and the Wavekinetic footers. Wish Jonathan was around to talk more about this!

Yes, agreed, I remember the post. A dealer I know sold Stillpoints and Quadraspire racks and said the combo would challenge any high end rack.
              Kronos Sparta -> Trinity Phono -> Trinity Pre -> CH Precision A1 -> Magico S7s

Comment

Originally posted by allenh View Post

Yes, agreed, I remember the post. A dealer I know sold Stillpoints and Quadraspire racks and said the combo would challenge any high end rack.
                I have no idea how that combo sounds, but one thing I do know is that a featherweight could challenge a heavyweight, but it certainly doesn't mean the challenger will be victorious.
                Micro Seiki SX-8000 table with flywheel, SME 3012R arm, SME 312S arm, Lyra Etna SL and Dynavector XV-1S cartridges, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, Roon Nucleus Plus server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, JBL 4345 speakers, and Def Tech Ref subs.

Comment

Jonathan Tinn markets the Wave Kinetics footers (I think MikeL uses some) and was pushing the proposition that one could use an inexpensive IKEA rack and the Wavekinetic footers. Wish Jonathan was around to talk more about this!
                  We actually did testing against a number of uber expensive racks ($25k+) and found that the Wave Kinetics A10-U8 rendered them virtually obsolete. As long as you use a piece of furniture with a bit of rigidity and mass, we have found the A10-U8s easily outperformed the racks.

When we do shows, we never use racks that cost more than $300 to prove the point.
                  Best Regards,

Jonathan Tinn
                  Blue Light Audio
                  darTZeel - Importer
                  Evolution Acoustics - Co-Owner / Founder
                  Playback Designs - Co-Founder
                  Wave Kinetics - Co-Owner / Co-Founder
                  Wave Kinetics Records - Co-Owner / Co-Founder

Comment

• Beaur
                    Beaur commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Jonathan, are the footers adjustable, i.e to they allow levelling of the equipment they are attached to? Also where can I see or evaluate them? I'm in Brooklyn if that makes a difference.

• Jtinn
                    Jtinn commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Beaur: Please feel free to visit our website to find out any information you might need. It is http://wavekinetics.com

They are not adjustable. Leveling would have to be done another way. I will contact you offline to provide you with the dealer's information.

Originally posted by jcmusic View Post
                  Ki,
                  Try [email protected] or 260-908-0945.

Is that the same company? I'm in the process of writing a review of an Audio Vault rack.
                  Micro Seiki SX-8000 table with flywheel, SME 3012R arm, SME 312S arm, Lyra Etna SL and Dynavector XV-1S cartridges, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, Roon Nucleus Plus server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, JBL 4345 speakers, and Def Tech Ref subs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jtinn View Post

We actually did testing against a number of uber expensive racks ($25k+) and found that the Wave Kinetics A10-U8 rendered them virtually obsolete. As long as you use a piece of furniture with a bit of rigidity and mass, we have found the A10-U8s easily outperformed the racks.

When we do shows, we never use racks that cost more than $300 to prove the point.
                    Thanks so much Jonathan!

And glad to see you over here buddy!

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

• Jtinn
                      Jtinn commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The pleasure is mine!

Originally posted by mep View Post

Is that the same company? I'm in the process of writing a review of an Audio Vault rack.
                    Hmmm.... I didn't realize you had Ray Shabs old rack for review when we talked. What was it then? The Suspense rack or something.

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

I don't know who Ray Shabs is, but Audio Vault USA is a relatively new company (been in business for a year).

Comment

I don't know who Ray Shabs is, but Audio Vault USA is a relatively new company (been in business for a year).
                        This is a picture of Ray with his rack from 2007. Check out the speakers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ces07-DS-Ray--Shab-and-Susp.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	5675

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

That is the same rack I have now for my main system, the Audiav rack is just for my Redpoint..

Comment

Well I am not sure I don't know which rack you have that you are reviewing...

Comment

Working...
                            X