First Sounds: Silent Running Audio Craz³

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Sounds: Silent Running Audio Craz³

New Iso-Shelves come to SRA's Craz rack. They're quite good - I have them on my Scuttle. From Marc Mickelson at The Audio Beat.

First Sounds: Silent Running Audio Craz³

Any of these racks these days are a commitment. Once you buy into the basic rack, at some serious prices in many cases, you can't easily change without throwing out the bath water. Or was it the baby? Anyway, here's to ya! That's the submarine dude, right?

Comment

• mep
      mep commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, hence the name "Silent Running Audio."

• Bill Hart
      Bill Hart commented
      Editing a comment
      MEP, I'm on the slow bus.

• mep
      mep commented
      Editing a comment
      The small yellow one?

Thanks for the link Tim! I spoke to Kevin back in November about the new shelves. They are on my list to order but have put off ordering for the same reasons Mark outlined: having to break the system, especially the table--down. Ugh.

I wonder if there is as much of an effect when the equipment is on say an OHIO base that sits on the new shelf. I didn't get the idea--maybe I missed it (?)--that Mark uses Kevin's bases under his table or electronics.
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
    -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
    -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Pretty sure he does not use SRA bases on the Craz. I'd see what Kevin or Tim say.

Breaking Down a rack inevitably leads to discovery of missing cat toys. Think of it as an opportunity. :-)

• MylesBAstor
      MylesBAstor commented
      Editing a comment
      And missing stylus cleaning brushes. 😉
Working...
X