X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edward Pong
    replied
    Originally posted by marty View Post
    Great update Myles. Much appreciated. What about some of Ed Pong's tapes? I heard a few at Steve's that knocked me out.
    Hi Marty,
    Here's one from Myles... Steve has this, hope you heard it there...
    https://ultraanaloguerecordings.com/...-choice-award/

Ed

Leave a comment:

• Don RMGI
    commented on 's reply
    I have some blues and jazz. I even have three different sampler 15 ips 1/2 track reels in circulation. If you are interested you can PM me.

• Tapetech
    commented on 's reply
    I agree with you. The lack of albums on RTR format (15ips/2 track) has always been a problem and it does not seem to be getting better. Just recently, one of my customers asked me where to buy RTR albums that were "rock and pop oriented" and the list of available RTR albums I gave him was pretty pathetic. Again, this is strictly 15ips/2 track format.

• TheBoogeyDown
    replied
    Did the resurgence peak? Where is everyone? Hardly any new releases to be found in a while (understandably?) or any real chatter for that matter. Trying to find some normal amidst the chaos.

Leave a comment:

• jsullerot
    replied
    Hi,
    thanks for this great list!
    does anyone has experience with de 2xHD Tapes of Shirley Horn Softly?
    Looks very attractive since there are not many famous jazz singer music on tapes...
    music can be listened to on the web, but any information about the sound presentation???

julien

Leave a comment:

• Scar972
    replied
    Interesting that the Analog Productions reissue of Scheherazade is not on your recommended list.
    Last edited by Scar972; 11-20-2019, 12:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TheBoogeyDown
    replied
    PSA : some new stuff available from The Tape Project, specifically in the "Roots" section.

Leave a comment:

• MylesBAstor
    replied
    One minor update. Paul Stubblebine emailed me to say that Waltz for Debby isn’t OOP and actually is for sale as we speak. Strike while the iron is hot!

Now I’d be one happy camper if TTP reissued Sunday at the Village Vanguard too!

Leave a comment:

• MylesBAstor
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Ron.

• RonR
    replied
    This is a great list! Thank you, Myles!

Leave a comment:

• marty
    replied
    Great update Myles. Much appreciated. What about some of Ed Pong's tapes? I heard a few at Steve's that knocked me out.

Leave a comment:

• MylesBAstor
    commented on 's reply
    You mean this Tape Project Tape?

https://positive-feedback.com/review...s-of-releases/

• TheBoogeyDown
    commented on 's reply
    I'm chomping at the bit for their Hooker 'n Heat! Able to hear yet?

• MylesBAstor
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBoogeyDown View Post
    Does anyone have any good intel on when some of The Tape Projects' catalogue will be back in stock? I seem to be getting a bit of polite and understandable placating from them as to when some titles are coming back around. Thanks
    No I wish I did. I miss their releases! The The Tape Project always had an interesting assortment of tapes and some real sleepers.

Leave a comment:

• MylesBAstor
    replied
    Thought it was time to update the list!

Plenty of new additions, lots of tough choices.

Special mention to the Davey Knowles tape that makes its appearance on the Spinsational "Must-Have" Six List! Truly extraordinary recording. (Two more slots left in the must-have list. What tapes will ascend to that lofty mount? Stay tuned.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X