X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Thorens Tape Player

https://www.stereonet.co.uk/news/tho...head-of-munich

For R2R player - Thorens TM1600

Price is 12,000 euros. Building 100 units. Compact design in collaboration with Ballfinger. Playback only.

Larry
    Analog- VPIClassic3-3DArm,SoundsmithZephyrII+MiyajimaZeroMono, 2xAmpex ATR-102,Doshi3.0,Merrill Trident Master Tape Pre,Herron VTPH-2A
    Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,Mykerinos,PacMicroModel2
    Dig Play-mchNADAC, LampiPac, Roon, HQP, Oppo105
    Electronics-Doshi Pre,CJ MET1mchPre, Cary2A3monoamps
    Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR
    Other-2x512Engineer/Marutani Symmetrical Power, AudioDiskVinylCleaner,AirTightRecordFlat, Scott Rust Interconnects,
    Music-15KRecs(90%classical),1.3KR2Rtapes,50TBrips

Click image for larger version

Name:	thorens_tm_1600_screen_grab__large_full.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	192.3 KB
ID:	112330

Comment

• Skylab
      Skylab commented
      Editing a comment
      But that was NOT what *I* said. I said that one didn’t re-calibrate the deck for tapes that were recorded at different levels during playback.

• squasher
      squasher commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry, you're right. The earlier comments were about VU meters and I thought that was what you were referring to... My apologies.

While I agree with your statement that "No user of a deck like this will be making head azimuth adjustments. Frankly I don’t think any typical user does this.", I find it interesting that most people are like this.

People who are into vinyl usually make the effort of learning how to optimize VTF, VTA/SRA, ad nauseum. Why is it that most don't make the effort for tape?

• Skylab
      Skylab commented
      Editing a comment
      Certainly a fair question...I guess it’s just the effort versus benefit for “just” listening. My guess is most peeps don’t adjust VTA on a record by record basis, even if they could or should...I know I fall into that camp! Just too much effort for the benefit received on a per-album basis. But of course that’s just for me.

See here. 😉

Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
    -Goldmund Telos 280 stereo amp
    -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

Working...
    X