Pancakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JCOConnell View Post
    where do you guy store your prerecorded tapes? They seem bulky and would take up a lot of space in the listening room real fast.
    They are and do take up a lot of room. Fortunately tapes are expensive, so dollar for dollar, they don't take up more space than records.

Larry
    Analog- VPIClassic3-3DArm,SoundsmithZephyrII+MiyajimaZeroMono, 2xAmpex ATR-102,Doshi3.0 BottleheadPhonoPre,Herron VTPH-2A
    Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,Mykerinos,PacMicroModel2
    Dig Play-mchNADAC, LampiPac, Roon, HQP, Oppo105
    Electronics-Herron 360Pre,CJ MET1mchPre, Cary2A3monoamps
    Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR
    Other-512Engineer/Marutani Symmetrical Power, ArtKelmGround1, AudioDiskVinylCleaner,AirTightRecordFlat, Scott Rust Interconnects,
    Music-15KRecs(90%classical),1KR2Rtapes,50TBrips

Comment

Yeah, tape storage is an issue for me...as I do have a lot of tapes. I keep some in my main listening room but more in my man-cave/office, which is in the finished (and of course air-conditioned) attic.
      TAPE: Studer A807, A810; Revox B77 MkII; Tascam BR-20; Technics RS-1700; Pioneer RT-707, RT-909
      VINYL: Pioneer PL-50LII/Benz LP-S MR/ModWright PH 9.0; Denon DP59-L/Dynavector 20xH
      DIGITAL: Bryston SP-3, MacMini > Oppo Sonica/Pioneer N-50
      SPEAKERS: B&W Nautilus 800, Pioneer DSS-9
      AMPS: Cary SLP-05/Sunfire Signature 600, Pioneer SX-1980

Comment

The manual writes use -8 dB

Comment

Hello,

Just a beginner in tapes... sorry if my post is stupid :
          it seems from the picture, that you ''rewind'' the pancake tape back to an aluminium spool, on the left.

For a new blank tape, I assume it would work the same winding forward to an aluminium spool, on the right ?

Thanks.

Julien

Comment

• jonathanhorwich
            jonathanhorwich commented
            Editing a comment
            You can wind it either way. Not important. But if you wish to record onto it immediately, you start the pancake on the left (supply side) and record onto a reel on the right (take up side). Now you end up tails out as it should be.

Thanks Jonathan.
          yes, i discovered that tape is better stored « tail out », like the wonderful reels you sent me.
          Julien

Comment

when I saw the thread title, t thought it was going to be about pancake recipes. seriously.
          Magnepan 1.6 QR Loudspeakers, Amherst A-2000 MOSFET 150 WPC Amp, Conrad Johnson PV-10A Modded Tube Line & Phono Stage, Electrocompaniet MC II Class A Head Amp, Shelter 501 Mark II Cart (St) , Graham Engineering 2.2 Tonearm (St) , VPI Aries-1 Turntable (St) , VPI Clamp, Denon DL-102 Cart, (M) , Luxman Tonearm (M) , Kenwood KD-500 Turntable (M) , Michell Clamp, Marantz 20B Analog FM Tuner, Pioneer SACD, Onkyo DX-6800 CD Transport, DIY 24B/192K DAC, DIY Silver Interconnects

Comment

Working...
          X