X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jcmusic
    replied
    Originally posted by TommyTunes View Post
    I’m a believer in Flux heads, I was speaking with John French last week, he is working on my Studer headblock, and even compared to the stock studer heads he thought that it would benefit replacing the playback head with a Flux head.
    Tommy, I agree I have a Flux repro head in my Otari and it sounds really good, I was just trying to determine if the MTR heads were better then the MX5050 heads and the Studer A810 heads. That would help me decide if I want to try a Flux head in the MTR...

Leave a comment:

• TommyTunes
    replied
    I’m a believer in Flux heads, I was speaking with John French last week, he is working on my Studer headblock, and even compared to the stock studer heads he thought that it would benefit replacing the playback head with a Flux head.

Leave a comment:

• jcmusic
    replied
    Well the only thing still Klipsch is the cabinets and 15" woofers, everything else has been upgraded to the hilt. 2" BMS drivers with 2" wooden tractrix flare horns and an all actice system pro audio xover...

Leave a comment:

• El Magnifico
    commented on 's reply
    That's my studio. It's where I do editions, Masterings and record my radio shows. The configuration has changed now and the MTR 12 1/4" is next to the Studer. The 1/2" is on another room but I'll have to move it to the studio as well.

• El Magnifico
    commented on 's reply
    Klipshorns! Nice.

• jcmusic
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JCOConnell
    replied
    cool. Is that in your listening room, or do you run cables to another room?

Leave a comment:

• jcmusic
    replied
    Niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• El Magnifico
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	116765 This is the 1/4" MTR 12 in my studio.

Leave a comment:

• Alrainbow
    replied
    I have two Otari decks now. One I bought on eBay from a man who does studio work it works ok
    the second is with Soren it's being completely over hauled
    new paint , new whatever mech is needed and all parts removed cleaned and reassembled.
    Lastly all new EC caps through out.
    Second deck will be 1/2 4 track converted to two track
    so it will have two extra sound cards to play with.
    It will also be done by Soren.
    The 1/2 inch deck is to record as well as playback.
    I never heard of Otari until a month or so ago.
    So far it's a blast

Leave a comment:

• El Magnifico
    replied
    Those are excellent decks and usually underestimated by many. You can get one for less than $1,000, parts and techs are widely available and once they have gone through, are very reliable, and I must say, more than the Studers. I have 2 MTR 12; 1/4" and the other 1/2". Their transport mechanism is electronically controlled and very complex. That's their Achilles tendon. My decks has a regular record head but the playback has the butterfly configuration. Heads are as good as any out there. As a matter of fact; these decks has nothing to envy the rest, BUT, are big and heavy (almost 300 lbs). The MX-5050, which I also own, can't compete against it. It's like a PR 99 against a 807. I like my Swiss decks, but I can't say that the differences against their Japanese cousins is day and night. Regards.

Leave a comment:

• Skylab
    replied
    Well, the MTR-10 is a very serious tape deck, and even after Otari stopped making decks, they were still making a variety of tape heads. In fact Otari seems to still manufacture heads for other kinds of products. So I can’t imagine why they wouldn’t be good...

Leave a comment:

• jcmusic
    started a topic Otari MTR 10 II-C Heads

Otari MTR 10 II-C Heads

How good are these stocks heads vs the MX 5050 BII and the Studer A810, and the Flux Magnetic head for playback only?
Working...
X