Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alert: great 12” metal reel deal for those of you who have larger Studer/Otari decks

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Alert: great 12” metal reel deal for those of you who have larger Studer/Otari decks

    If these were 10.5” they’d be mine. No affiliation/cannot vouch for seller, but they sure look nice, and $99 for 13 is a heck of a deal.

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-Of-13-F...MAAOSwwrFdC-dY
    TAPE: Studer A807, A810; Revox B77 MkII; Tascam BR-20; Technics RS-1700; Pioneer RT-707, RT-909
    VINYL: Pioneer PL-50LII/Benz LP-S MR/ModWright PH 9.0; Denon DP59-L/Dynavector 20xH
    DIGITAL: Bryston SP-3, MacMini > Oppo Sonica/Pioneer N-50
    SPEAKERS: B&W Nautilus 800, Pioneer DSS-9
    AMPS: Cary SLP-05/Sunfire Signature 600, Pioneer SX-1980

  • #2
    Their 10.5 are quite good. Brian Tucker brings them into the US.
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com
    ________________________________________

    -Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
    -cj 40th Anniversary ART300 monoblock amplifiers
    -Merrill Audio Elemente 116 monoblock amplifiers
    -cj GAT preamplifier Series 2 preamplifier
    -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

    Comment


    • #3
      I have my original Otari 12" empty reel that came with the MTR 12 deck. I seldom use it.
      Sketsoteric Audio: "Analog Sound, Digital Flexibility"
      http://mortechpr.wixsite.com/cassetteadventures
      http://mortechpr.wixsite.com/cgmasteringservices

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Skylab View Post
        If these were 10.5” they’d be mine. No affiliation/cannot vouch for seller, but they sure look nice, and $99 for 13 is a heck of a deal.

        https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-Of-13-F...MAAOSwwrFdC-dY
        I missed that one. They would have worked on my Studers.
        **************************************************
        Every day is a good day to play analog.
        - 12" 33-1/3 RPM or 45 RPM vinyl
        - 10.5" 15ips or 30ips tape
        **************************************************
        Every day is a good day for live music.
        **************************************************

        Comment


        • #5
          doesn't say what size tape they are for, 1/4 or 1/2 inch
          Magnepan 1.6 QR Loudspeakers, Amherst A-2000 MOSFET 150 WPC Amp, Conrad Johnson PV-10A Modded Tube Line & Phono Stage, Electrocompaniet MC II Class A Head Amp, Shelter 501 Mark II Cart (St) , Graham Engineering 2.2 Tonearm (St) , VPI Aries-1 Turntable (St) , VPI Clamp, Denon DL-102 Cart, (M) , Luxman Tonearm (M) , Kenwood KD-500 Turntable (M) , Michell Clamp, Marantz 20B Analog FM Tuner, Pioneer SACD, Onkyo DX-6800 CD Transport, DIY 24B/192K DAC, Sony MDR-F1 Phones, Headroom Max balanced Headphone Amp, DIY Silver Interconnects

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Dre_J View Post
            I missed that one. They would have worked on my Studers.
            I picked them up for that reason. My Studer A-80's won't take anything larger than a 12-1/2" reel, and occasionally I need something bigger than a standard 10-1/2" to fit a long program. Twelves are actually harder to find than fourteens, and of course tens are easy to find, so it made sense to get these when they showed up. The lot contained more than I really need, though. So if anyone is really jonesing for a couple of these twelves I'd be willing to sell.

            These are strictly quarter inch. It would be impractical to pull the flanges off and assemble half inch reels with them because they use a non-standard bolt arrangement. And they are twelve inch, not twelve and a half. Good workmanship too.
            Paul Stubblebine
            Mastering Engineer
            Label Honcho, The Tape Project

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Bodyslam View Post

              I picked them up for that reason. My Studer A-80's won't take anything larger than a 12-1/2" reel, and occasionally I need something bigger than a standard 10-1/2" to fit a long program. Twelves are actually harder to find than fourteens, and of course tens are easy to find, so it made sense to get these when they showed up. The lot contained more than I really need, though. So if anyone is really jonesing for a couple of these twelves I'd be willing to sell.

              These are strictly quarter inch. It would be impractical to pull the flanges off and assemble half inch reels with them because they use a non-standard bolt arrangement. And they are twelve inch, not twelve and a half. Good workmanship too.
              Hi Paul, I could use a few. Thanks, Larry
              Analog- VPIClassic3-3DArm,SoundsmithZephyrII+MiyajimaZeroMono, 2xAmpex ATR-102,Doshi3.0 BottleheadPhonoPre,Herron VTPH-2A
              Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,Mykerinos,PacMicroModel2
              Dig Play-mchNADAC, LampiPac, Roon, HQP, Oppo105
              Electronics-Herron 360Pre,CJ MET1mchPre, Cary2A3monoamps
              Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR
              Other-512Engineer/Marutani Symmetrical Power, ArtKelmGround1, AudioDiskVinylCleaner,AirTightRecordFlat, Scott Rust Interconnects,
              Music-15KRecs(90%classical),1KR2Rtapes,50TBrips

              Comment

              Working...
              X