Direct Out Using Audio Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct Out Using Audio Cards

I read on another forum where someone used his audio cards from his Studer A80 and XLR connections to create a direct out setup for that machine. I would like to try the same thing on my Otari MTR 10, anyone have a knowledge on this? This would make it easy to go between internal and external electronics.

Jay

Like these??

Comment

Hi Bruce,
      Well similar but I think he used the live audio cards and attached the XLR's and wired them into the circuit.

Comment

Originally posted by jcmusic View Post
        Hi Bruce,
        Well similar but I think he used the live audio cards and attached the XLR's and wired them into the circuit.
        I think that is what Merrill is doing for the ATR-102 connection to his tapestage rather than hardwiring from the headblock. Think he is making the card but might be wrong.
        Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
        Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
        -cj 40th Anniversary ART300 monoblock amplifiers
        -Merrill Audio Elemente 116 monoblock amplifiers
        -cj GAT preamplifier Series 2 preamplifier
        -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
        -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
        -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
        -Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
        -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
        -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords
        -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

This is what we have for the ATR-102. The cards are made by either Dan at ATR Services or Merrill. Merrill will do true balanced cards. They come out of the deck on low capacitance cable to XLRs. Works perfectly; avoids switches in the path; and allow you to switch head blocks. Not suggesting it's the "best" or "only" way, but it works well and minimizes connections.
          TIDAL Audio Agoria Loudspeakers; VAC, Merrill Audio & Bricasti electronics; Spiral Groove SG-2 TT with Centroid Arm & Transfiguration Proteus D Cartridge; Ampex ATR-102 with Merrill Audio Tape Preamp & Ampex electronics & Tape Project/Technics RS1500 reel-reels with Bottlehead Tube Repro Pre; Sonore Optical Signature RenduSE Network Player; Bricasti M12 DAC/Source Controller; Ansuz Cables & Power Distribution

INDUSTRY AFFILIATION: Dealer- XtremeFidelity.net (VAC, Bricasti Design, Merrill Audio, Sonore, Ansuz, Synergistic Research & others)

Comment

Working...
          X