Tip to the Wise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip to the Wise

Now it wasn't as if I used crappy power cords on my tape deck electronics, but they certainly weren't up to the quality of the rest of my system. Yesterday I substituted a 2 meter piece of Kubala-Sosna Elation PC that I had lying around for the Emotion PC between the Furutech Nano NCF receptacles and the King-Cello electronics. And the experiment was well worth it. As good as the Emotions are, the Elations are much cleaner, defined and transparent. Overall, the biggest benefit was in the low end which is now much tighter and defined with a more linear-like sound coming in a close second.
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
    -Goldmund Telos 280 stereo amp
    -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

The Elation is a good cable, i use it as an interconnect between my phono stage and line stage- the rest of the system, signal and power (except for the turntable PS) is K-S Emotion. Joe is a good guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Hart View Post
      The Elation is a good cable, i use it as an interconnect between my phono stage and line stage- the rest of the system, signal and power (except for the turntable PS) is K-S Emotion. Joe is a good guy.
      Agreed, had been using the PC on my phono section until the arrival of Gary Koh's PC.

And yes, Joe and Howard are two of the gems in the industry. There is a reason their cables are so widely used at shows!
      Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
      Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
      -Goldmund Telos 280 stereo amp
      -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
      -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
      -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
      -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
      -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
      -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
      -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
      -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

Working...
      X