Tapes and the Younger Generation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bruce B View Post
    I had a small portable reel to reel in my lap when I was a kid, sitting in front of the TV recording American Bandstand. Later it was Sooooooooooooul Train!
    When I was about 5 or so I had a 3" reel to reel player / recorder. I would record my own voice or other stuff like the TV.
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio V3 Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS; Durand Telos and SME 3012R Tonearms, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Miyajima Madake, Miyajima Zero, Benz Micro LPS; Reel to Reel: Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810; Studer A812; Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC> Lampizator Big 7 DAC

Comment

Technology has really changed since we (I) were (was) young. Anybody still use a slide rule? And with digital clocks, many young people don't know what clockwise means. When we were young, my parents pulled out the 8mm projector and screen to watch home movies. Pretty much impossible to share unless relatives and neighbors came over to the house. Reel to reel was the only way to copy a record or record audio.

Larry
      Analog- VPIClassic3-3DArm,SoundsmithZephyrII+MiyajimaZeroMono, 2xAmpex ATR-102,Doshi3.0 BottleheadPhonoPre,Herron VTPH-2A
      Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,Mykerinos,PacMicroModel2
      Dig Play-mchNADAC, LampiPac, Roon, HQP, Oppo105
      Electronics-Herron 360Pre,CJ MET1mchPre, Cary2A3monoamps
      Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR
      Other-512Engineer/Marutani Symmetrical Power, ArtKelmGround1, AudioDiskVinylCleaner,AirTightRecordFlat, Scott Rust Interconnects,
      Music-15KRecs(90%classical),1KR2Rtapes,50TBrips

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce B View Post
        I had a small portable reel to reel in my lap when I was a kid, sitting in front of the TV recording American Bandstand. Later it was Sooooooooooooul Train!
        I had a small 3" reel to reel my Grandfather gave me when I was a kid. I remember recording "Light My Fire" by the Doors on AM Radio station KJR when it made song of the year after the countdown... My first high-end experience?

Comment

Working...
        X