Clear All

• TommyTunes
    replied
    5050 mkii with Flux heads and Tube Repro

Leave a comment:

• mep
    replied
    Originally posted by TommyTunes View Post
    I've recently aquired a B77 from my friend who passed away. He purchase the deck new in 1989 and used it for about 10 hours before putting it away. I shipped it to JM Technical Arts the only authorized Revox service center in the U.S. for a complete service.
    This is a quarter track deck but since I have a large collection of prerecorded reels I thought it would be worthwhile. I also have a fully serviced A77 for comparison. While it's no match to my half track setup playing Tape Project tapes, it does offer a lot of bang for the buck playing some of the top sounding commercial tapes.
    I do think that the transport performs superior to either my Otari or Tascam decks. It is much quietier and smoother in operation.
    Which Otari deck do you have?

Leave a comment:

• JCOConnell
    replied
    what is tapesponding?

Leave a comment:

• MylesBAstor
    replied
    Originally posted by TommyTunes View Post
    I've recently aquired a B77 from my friend who passed away. He purchase the deck new in 1989 and used it for about 10 hours before putting it away. I shipped it to JM Technical Arts the only authorized Revox service center in the U.S. for a complete service.
    This is a quarter track deck but since I have a large collection of prerecorded reels I thought it would be worthwhile. I also have a fully serviced A77 for comparison. While it's no match to my half track setup playing Tape Project tapes, it does offer a lot of bang for the buck playing some of the top sounding commercial tapes.
    I do think that the transport performs superior to either my Otari or Tascam decks. It is much quietier and smoother in operation.
    Of course Alving recorded those wonderful Proprius records. Especially those organ recordings.

This is the first part in an occasional series. To those unfamiliar with the Revox A77, it is an extraordinarily high quality, large, semi-professional reel-to-reel tape deck. This model was introduced in 1967 by the Studer-Revox company. It replaced the excellent G36, which was a recorder built using valve circuitry. The A77 is a transistorised machine, and was very…

Leave a comment:

• TommyTunes
    started a topic Revox B-77

Revox B-77

Working...
X