Good sounding commercial 1/4" four track 7.5 ips tapes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DexDuophonic65 View Post
    All kitsch aside, this 1971 Arthur Fiedler/Boston Pops album opens with a five-minute overture medley from Andrew Lloyd Webber's "Jesus Christ Superstar"...done in a "2001"/"Also Sprach Zarathustra"-type spectacle🔊💥(!). It was very well produced by a young Tom Mowrey (then an associate of matrixed quad inventor Peter Scheiber and later a Grammy-winning producer of Operas) and mastered hot by DGG's Guenter Herrmanns and Volker Martin. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190510_143240.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	114510
    Mowrey revitalized Fiedler's and The Pops discography when they left RCA and moved to Polydor (in 1969): shedding the beaten-to-death, 1950s Leroy Anderson repertoire which had gotten quaint in the midst of all the Sixties' creative revolution.
    Hi Martin

I noticed you are using a Dokorder. I had a Dokorder that had two sets of reels for dubbing by threading both original and blank tape together in way back high school days. It was a fine machine other than the reel flange was made of plastic and one fast winding operations and coming to a sudden stop caused the plastic flanges to snap off making the machine unusable. Back then I had no idea the problem could have been fixed with new parts. I had the biggest heartbreak.

Comment

First Time! The Count Meets The Duke. Duke Ellington and Count Basie Orchestras. Never ceases to blow me away (and I'm more of a rock, blues, roots guy)!

Comment

Working...
      X