Chris Mara HiFi MCI JH 110 Tape Machine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChrisMara View Post
    Hey everyone- a quick update as we all gear up for Axpona 2017. Mara Machines HiFi version is now ready for prime time. We've rolled out two color schemes with either solid Birch or solid Maple dovetail cabinets and high end custom paint colors that change slightly depending on angle of light source. Tape transport systems have been upgraded for silent operation.
    Machines come standard with Flux Magnetic reproduce head, you can choose to upgrade to an additional Flux Magnetic reproduce head that is wired to feed external preamps. This allows you to send the same signal to the MCI preamps and your 3rd party preamps simultaneously. Come see/hear for yourself on the 2nd floor of the Westin during Axpona 2017.
    Be sure to say hi to me!
    Thanks Chris for the exciting news!

Chris will also be on Friday's reel-to-reel panel! Come join us from 3:30 to 4:30 PM!
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers, cj ART monoblock Amplifiers; cj GAT preamplifier Series 2; Doshi V3.0 phonostage; VPI Vanquish turntable/12-inch 3D tonearm/Lyra Atlas SL, Ortofon A95, Charisma Reference 2 cartridges; Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads/Doshi V3.0 tape stage run balanced; Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords. Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC. Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks; Audiodharma Cable Cooker; Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

I think Greg said he is stopping production of the UHA Phase I for the moment. The Phase 10 is the current entry point. I missed the boat on his last Phase I deck.
      Marty

Comment

Originally posted by nc42acc View Post
        I think Greg said he is stopping production of the UHA Phase I for the moment. The Phase 10 is the current entry point. I missed the boat on his last Phase I deck.
        Marty, I just checked at the UHA website. Looks like Greg has a new Phase 1 machine for 2017. It is playback only and is $6500. New Tascam playback head, not a Greg Orton head.

Larry
        Analog- VPIClassic3-3DArm,SoundsmithZephyrII+MiyajimaZeroMono, 2xAmpex ATR-102,Doshi3.0 BottleheadPhonoPre
        Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacMicroModel2
        Dig Play-mch NADAC, Emotion, HQPlayer, Oppo95
        Electronics-Herron VTSP3APre,CJ MET1mchPre, Cary2A3monoamps
        Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR
        Other-ArtKelmGroundOne IsoTrans,AudioDiskeSystemVinylClea ner,AirTightRecordFlat, Scott Rust Interconnects, Power Supply
        Music-15KRecs(90%classical),1KR2Rtapes,50TBrips

Comment

• nc42acc
          nc42acc commented
          Editing a comment
          Larry.....I will check with Greg once he returns from Axpona. I have a deposit check I need to send him. Thanks

The Mara deck with Doshi electronics and Wilson speakers I listened to today at Axpona was terrific.
        TAPE: Studer A807, A810; Revox B77 MkII; Tascam BR-20, 3030; TEAC 3340S, X7-R; Pioneer RT-707, RT-909
        VINYL: VPI ScoutMaster/Benz LP-S MR/EAR 834P; Denon DP59-L/Dynavector 20xH
        SPEAKERS: B&W Nautilus 800, Pioneer DSS-9
        AMPS: Cary SLP-05/Sunfire Signature 600, Pioneer SX-1980

Comment

Working...
        X