Axpona Horch House?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axpona Horch House?

I see that Horch House is going to be one of the Exhibitors this year at Axpona- does anyone know if they will be selling tapes at the show?

Originally posted by my2sons View Post
    I see that Horch House is going to be one of the Exhibitors this year at Axpona- does anyone know if they will be selling tapes at the show?
    First I heard but will check further and get back to you. Could just be their distributor listed HH in his profile.
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
    -cj 40th Anniversary ART300 monoblock amplifiers
    -cj GAT preamplifier Series 2 preamplifier
    -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

From what i can see they are the only ones listed for the "Higgins" L room?
      Horch House - Master Tapes L - Higgins
      Horch House - Project R2R L - Higgins
      Horch House - Vinyl Records L - Higgins

I would be curious as to what you find out-thanks

Comment

Unfortunately I can't be of any help. No one seems to know what is going on and whether or not Volker is attending the show. He was supposed to come to RMAF and didn't show then. So let's hope he is coming and has some good news!

I will drop Volker a line and see if he is coming. But there's no promise I'll get a response.

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage
        -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
        -Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
        -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords
        -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

OK here's what Volker shared:

The Exhibition is done by Lutz USA.

It remains to be seen if Volker will attend the show. I hope Volker will share any news with me before Axpona.

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

Seems like Horch House is a bit dodgy.
            I have talked to a few people who has ordered stuff from them, paid and recieved nothing.
            Emails not answered etc ...

So don´t get your hopes up too high.

Comment

• dcc
              dcc commented
              Editing a comment
              Not my personal experience. Either Volker or his assistant or both always replied quite quickly. Everything I ordered (1 LP Boxset and 14 tapes) got delivered quite fast.

• Asamel
              Asamel commented
              Editing a comment
              I've received everything I've ordered from them.

Originally posted by Per Sundell View Post
            Seems like Horch House is a bit dodgy.
            I have talked to a few people who has ordered stuff from them, paid and recieved nothing.
            Emails not answered etc ...

So don´t get your hopes up too high.
            That hasn't been my experience with Horch House either. They've responded quickly to my requests for an order at an accommodation price. I met Volker in Bangkok a couple of weeks ago, and realize that he hadn't responded to my personal email as he travels a lot having offices in 7 countries! Horch House is his hobby, but he has professionals and managers running operations.

Comment

• Per Sundell
              Per Sundell commented
              Editing a comment
              As you say it might not be Volker at all.
              Its maybe the other end of HH that is dodgy.

Originally posted by garylkoh View Post

That hasn't been my experience with Horch House either. They've responded quickly to my requests for an order at an accommodation price. I met Volker in Bangkok a couple of weeks ago, and realize that he hadn't responded to my personal email as he travels a lot having offices in 7 countries! Horch House is his hobby, but he has professionals and managers running operations.
            So where is their tape deck?
            Micro Seiki SX-8000 table with flywheel, SME 3012R arm, SME 312S arm, Lyra Etna SL and Dynavector XV-1S cartridges, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, Roon Nucleus Plus server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, JBL 4345 speakers, and Def Tech Ref subs.

Comment

• garylkoh
              garylkoh commented
              Editing a comment
              That was the first thing I asked him. His response was "It's harder than we thought."

• MylesBAstor
              MylesBAstor commented
              Editing a comment
              Was Volker referring to the designing of or bringing the deck in at the price he first mentioned? You know Greg does his best to get people into the tape world and the least expensive deck in his line is $6500. And he's already starting with a Tascam deck.

I wonder if there are legal obstructions at the Revox end? Revox is a Harman Kardon company which is currently under takeover by Samsung. Apparently as far as Revox is concerned, the deal is not done yet. Horch House appear to have gone quiet on the Revox classic "Project R2R" revival joint venture.
            Steve

Studer Enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Palmai View Post
              I wonder if there are legal obstructions at the Revox end? Revox is a Harman Kardon company which is currently under takeover by Samsung. Apparently as far as Revox is concerned, the deal is not done yet. Horch House appear to have gone quiet on the Revox classic "Project R2R" revival joint venture.
              I haven't heard anything about that.

IIRC, the original deck was just supposed to be HH but they eventually added Revox to the name. I think there is some mutually beneficial relationship going on as I seem to remember HH tapes being sold by Revox too?

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

Never had any issue receiving tape orders from HH & Lutz. Volker Lange was always personally on top of my order progress. Great to deal with.

As a huge Yello fan, highly recommend Yello One Second master tape copy from Horch House.

Another great tape is Bert Kaempfert A Swingin' Safari.
                Steve

Studer Enthusiast

Comment

So, where were they? I went to the room published in the brochure, but found a different vendor there.
                  Tape: Pioneer RT-1050, Teac X-1000R, Teac 40-4, Tascam 42 NB
                  Vinyl: Technics SL-1310, Dual CS-506, Dual 1219, AR XA
                  Amps: Apt Holman preamp, APT-1 power amp, Technics SU-7300, Marantz 2220B
                  Speakers: Large Advent, Advent Model 1
                  Digital: Squeezebox Duet & Touch, Linux server

Comment

Originally posted by ljb View Post
                    So, where were they? I went to the room published in the brochure, but found a different vendor there.
                    Good question. At least second time Horch House was a no show. (The other was RMAF.) Disappointing since sure they could have sold some tapes and LPs. Volker wasn't coming but their US subsidiary was supposed to show. In retrospect, was awfully large room just for software.

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

I am on my way back from Munich (I will try to make a short report tomorrow). I was invited to a small gig that was orgnised by Volker. There was no trace of the new deck so I asked him and and got the following very short answer : "This year. Wait".

Comment

Originally posted by dcc View Post
                        I am on my way back from Munich (I will try to make a short report tomorrow). I was invited to a small gig that was orgnised by Volker. There was no trace of the new deck so I asked him and and got the following very short answer : "This year. Wait".
                        Thanks Denis and look forward to reading your report!

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

Working...
                        X