New Nab Hubs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Nab Hubs

These are a pretty cool design, they spin true and don't make any noise!

They attach to the tape by a pressure fit.

1.) Take the hub in one hand and the tape in the other.
    2.) Press the hub onto the tape in your hand, it clicks into place and is very securely attached to the tape.
    3.) Then attach to the deck via the trident, put the hub and the attached tape onto the trident.
    4.) Then pull and turn the trident to lock the hub and the tape onto the reel table.

Have fun and repeat often.

These are also wider than a conventional NAB hub, look better and are quiet.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1-IMG_1569.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	986.7 KB
ID:	54536

Name:	IMG_1611.JPG
Size:	2.61 MB
ID:	54534Click image for larger version

Name:	1-IMG_1571-001.JPG
Size:	482.7 KB
ID:	54535
    Bottom has 3 round points that correspond to the 3 botches in an NAB reel.
    You can also see the 3 metal pressure fit points that grasp the tape reel.

Name:	IMG_1612.JPG
Size:	2.59 MB
ID:	54537

Greg, thank you. Although I'm not fully following (pictures aren't labeled such what "Trident" is not show the sequence in pix you describe in your text) I get the idea of a two stage attachment. Overall, what is the advantage of these babies?
    JLH

Comment

The "trident" is the 3 tabbed shaft that sticks out from the reel table.
      For example a non NAB reel attaches directly to a trident by putting it on the trident and pulling out and turning it to secure to the reel.

These are quiet and spin true, that is the main benefit. You don't have 3 small black pucks in slots behind a rubber O ring securing the reel to the NAB hub like on the original Revox destine most people use.

Comment

Greg Thanks. I get the general idea then.
        JLH

Comment

You are welcome to try a pair Jonathan I have silver, black and red in stock.
          If you don't love them just send them back no sweat.

Comment

Thank you and I'll email you separately off forum.
            JLH

Comment

These are very beautifully made and crafted!

i own these (V12 version) and probably rank them the best built of any custom NAB adapters!

i also have the stock "Tascam" NAB and Darklab NAB and these. each have a Pro and Con (that is why i own all three)

NAB shop PRO: Outstanding Build quality! CON: have to detach and reattach. from the deck,every time you change reels (not a issue for me)

Stock Tascam NAB PRO: they work! CON: plastic and looks?

Darklab NAB PRO: Looks Great and easy function CON: can rattle/click at times or works perfectly most of the time!

Comment

what's the cost on these?

Comment

A picture of Greg's Ultima 2 machine with his new hubs from Axpona. I have a close up but that's on my wife's computer. Will post that tomorrow!

Name:	IMG_3492.JPG
Size:	2.48 MB
ID:	54645
                  Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
                  Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers, cj ART monoblock Amplifiers; cj GAT preamplifier Series 2; Doshi V3.0 phonostage; VPI Vanquish turntable/12-inch 3D tonearm/Lyra Atlas SL, Ortofon A95, Charisma Reference 2 cartridges; Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads/Doshi V3.0 tape stage run balanced; Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords. Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC. Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks; Audiodharma Cable Cooker; Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

It would be great to get some pricing and ordering info - I didn't see them on the UHA website. Thanks!
                    TAPE: Studer A807, Revox B77 MkII, Tascam BR-20, 3030, TEAC 3340S, X7-R, Pioneer RT-707, RT-909
                    VINYL: VPI ScoutMaster/Benz LP-S MR/EAR 834P; Denon DP59-L/Dynavector 20xH
                    SPEAKERS: B&W Nautilus 800, Pioneer DSS-9
                    AMPS: Cary SLP-05/Sunfire Signature 600, Pioneer SX-1980

Comment

Sorry for omitting pricing but I had to determine what I paid to ship them from Transylvaniastan or wherever they devil they're made.
                      They take forever to get here, like 6 to 8 weeks.

Upon looking into it, I've only imported enough for my UHA deck customers at this time.
                      If people want them I can look into importing more and a price, please contact me via my web site for more details.
                      Last edited by Greg Beron; 05-21-2017, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Pictures on a customers black gold deck going out soon.

Name:	IMG_1619.JPG
Size:	2.05 MB
ID:	54692
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X