Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elusive Disc expanded tape offering to 84 titles not.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elusive Disc expanded tape offering to 84 titles not.

I remember when they had six tapes. http://audiophile.elusivedisc.com/se...i_jump=1&srt=0

Ouch! on the bank account. Buying tape is getting easier. I know it's niche, but more tape options are welcome.
    [TURNTABLE] TW Acustic Raven One [TONEARM] Dynavector DV 507Mkii & Graham Phantom [PHONO] BAT VK-P10 & Dynavector PHA200; [CARTRIDGE] Dynavector XV1S, Lyra Kleos, Ortofon Cadenza Mono [TAPE] Otari MTR15 & Technics RS1500 with JRF Headblock [DIGITAL] Grace Design M920, Lynx Auroa 8 ADC/DAC, Mac Mini with roon labs [PRAMP] McIntosh C2300 [AMP] McIntosh C601s [SPEAKERS] Legacy Audio Whisper & Wavelet [ACC] Klaudio Ultrasonic RCM

Comment

I have a few of the tapes sold by Elusive Disc. I think all of them were purchased directly from the manufacturer. In any case, please note that the FONE tape at the bottom of the first page, with the great Salvatore Accardo playing the Beethoven Violin Concerto, only has the first movement on the tape, not the entire 3 movement concerto. I bought my copy directly from FONE in Italy and also bought the companion reel which contains the other two movements.

Larry
      Analog- VPIClassic3-3DArm,Lyra Skala+MiyajimaZeroMono, 2xAmpex ATR-102,Otari MX5050B2,Merrill Trident Master Tape Pre,Herron VTPH-2A
      Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,Mykerinos,PacMicroModel2
      Dig Play-mchNADAC, LampiPac, Roon, HQP, Oppo105
      Electronics-Doshi Pre,CJ MET1mchPre, Cary2A3monoamps
      Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR
      Other-2x512Engineer/Marutani Symmetrical Power, AudioDiskVinylCleaner,AirTightRecordFlat, Scott Rust Interconnects,
      Music-15KRecs(90%classical),1.7KR2Rtapes,50TBrips

Comment

I'm reluctant to order ANY more tapes from Elusive Disc. I've had The Anthony Wilson Trio "Jack of Hearts" on order since June 21st and still nothing but empty promises.
        Speakers: Horning Eufrodite Ellipse III on Stillpoints Ultra 5S feet
        Speakers: REL Acoustics G1 Mark II Subs (pair)
        Tube Amplifier: New Audio Frontiers Ultimate 211 Special Edition Monoblocks
        SS Amplifier: Plinius SA-Reference
        Preamp: TW Acustic RPA-100 Line Stage
        Phono Stage: TW Acustic RPS-100
        Turntable - TW Acustic Raven AC w/ Black Knight Anniversary Upgrades
        Tonearm: Kuzma 4-Point 14" with Air Tight Opus-1 Cartridge (w/ EM/IA 1:20 Silver Wire SUT)
        Tonearm: TW 10.5" with Miyajima Zero Mono
        Vinyl Care: Furutech DF-2 LP Flattener - Degritter Ultrasonic & VPI Cyclone RCM
        Tape: Tascam 42B-NB (Refurb by Soren Wittrup)
        Tape Stage: Doshi V.3 Tape Stage
        CD/SACD: Playback Designs MP-5
        Streamer/Server: Aurender N30SA, Ediscreation Silent Switch OCXO w/ Ediscreation Silver reference LAN cable
        DAC: Lampizator Golden Gate2

Power Conditioner: (2) Silver Circle Audio TCHAIK 6
        Wire: Custom Furutech PC's + Audience Front Row IC's & Speaker Cables
        Tweaks: Stillpoints Aperture II Panels & Stillpoints Ultra 5S's & SS's sprinkled about - DS Audio ION-001 Vinyl Ionizer - SRA Scuttle III Rack, Massif Audio Design, SRA Ohio Class and Symposium Super Plus Platforms

Comment

• timztunz
          timztunz commented
          Editing a comment
          That's good to know, thanks.

• RoadDawgWest
          RoadDawgWest commented
          Editing a comment
          timztunz The issue I see with Elusive Disc is that they show the Groove Note Tapes "In Stock". Clearly the tapes are not in stock. At one time they indicated it would take 15 days before the tapes would ship. I no longer see that mentioned on the Groove Note tapes, unless I'm missing it now.

I can only suspect that they are not running one off tapes orders, and must be collecting a small batch so Groove Note can run multiple copies / orders at the same time.

Good news, if you are a Jacintha fan and want a copy of Here's to Ben, I thought they were only running 50 copies, and that was going to be it. If you missed that tape and it's of interest it looks like buyers potentially can get a copy again. It was removed from the Elusive Disc website for sometime.

• timztunz
          timztunz commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks again RoadDawgWest! I've actually had a very good buyer experience with Elusive Disc on everything I've gotten from them over the years. I'm new to tape and have only ordered two from them. One arrived in a reasonable amount of time but this Groove Note mess is just remarkable. I'm sure ED is only relaying the info from GN but it's just been excuse after excuse, the last one being they ran out of tape and it will be two weeks before they get more. Your scenario sounds more likely to me. I'll not give up on ED but may on GN.

Thanks for the heads up on Jacintha.
      Working...
      X