This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post
    How many J37s do you think they made Ki?
    I guess they built about 200 pieces. As far as I know, S/N starts from 5000 (or 5001) so you can approximately date them from the first year of manufacture (which I don't precisely know btw). Mine is under 5200 and it's a late one (late 1968 or early 1969). I didn't find any discussion about this point anywhere, surprisingly...

As well, I've been totally surprised I couldn't find any servicing documentation anywhere apart from the operation manual indeed. I guess Studer did have service docs for maintenance but not one single trace of...

Comment

Originally posted by artmanjam View Post
      As well, I've been totally surprised I couldn't find any servicing documentation anywhere apart from the operation manual indeed. I guess Studer did have service docs for maintenance but not one single trace of...
      I have a service manual for the J37. Got it from the Studer ftp site. They very generously made all manuals available there. Until recently anyway. The new owner, Samsung took it down. Luckily the site is mirrored here:
      HTML Code:
      https://www.reeltoreel.nl/studer/
      Get what you need while you can.

Paul Stubblebine
      Mastering Engineer
      Label Honcho, The Tape Project

Comment

Originally posted by Bodyslam View Post
        I have a service manual for the J37. Got it from the Studer ftp site. They very generously made all manuals available there. Until recently anyway. The new owner, Samsung took it down. Luckily the site is mirrored here:
        HTML Code:
        https://www.reeltoreel.nl/studer/
        Get what you need while you can.
        Thank you Paul, got a couple of things for my B30, this is a useful link, can't believe it's down yet at Studer :-o)
        Actually, regarding the J-37, it's the very same operation manual which gives some technical infos too but not a real detailed servicing manual. I've never found any...

Comment

The first-ever ReVox machine...the 1951 "Dynavox T26" (courtesy the Web) Click image for larger version

Name:	StuderDynavox3.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	114513

Comment

Which, fascinatingly, was actually based on an example Studer modded of this earlier American machine...the 1946 Brush "Soundmirror 401": the FIRST-EVER consumer tape recorder sold in the U.S. (courtesy the Web) Click image for larger version

Name:	BrushBK401a.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	301.5 KB
ID:	114516

Comment

Working...
            X