High End Take Up Reels By UHA!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High End Take Up Reels By UHA!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2421 (4).jpg Views:	1 Size:	320.9 KB ID:	94292

New For August 2018

UHA - HQ Take Up Reels!

100 Reels in stock now, when they're gone they're gone!
    No pre-orders or other shenanigans required, buy one reel or buy them all,
    no waiting, you pay now we ship now!

SILVER - RED - OR BLACK AVAILABLE

Special Price To The First 100 Buyers, Only $399.95!
    Plus shipping and handling.

PLEASE EMAIL YOUR SHIPPING ADDRESS SO SHIPPING COST CAN BE DETERMINED.
    ALSO NEED A PHONE NUMBER FOR THE FEDEX SHIPMENT.

When You Want The Finest 1/4"
    Take Up Reel For Your Tape Deck!

Precision Machined From Billet Aluminum,
    28 Screws Per Reel, Solidly Built.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2424 (2).jpg Views:	1 Size:	397.2 KB ID:	94293

Much Heavier Than Stock Reels,
    Packs Tape Uniformly and Spins True.

A heavier high quality take up reel, that spins true and uniformly packs the tape, has been touted with clear sonic improvmnts during playback / recording.

New UHA ergonomic thin spoke design provides more space to see the tape on the reel and more area for your finger to get that rascally tape started on the reel.

To Order Please Call Or Email:
    540-295-8313 or email, greg@unitedhomeaudio.com

CLICK HERE FOR ALL DETAILS!

http://www.unitedhomeproducts.com/uha___hq_take_up_reels.htm

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2441.jpg Views:	1 Size:	965.2 KB ID:	94294

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2443.jpg Views:	1 Size:	872.7 KB ID:	94295

Ordered mine in black today from Greg. Should have on Saturday!

He’s had orders for 20+ so far today.

They will eventually come standard (with price adjustment) with all UHA decks.
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers, cj ART300 40th Anniversary monoblock Amplifiers; cj GAT preamplifier Series 2; Doshi V3.0 and Thoress Mk. 2 phonostages; VPI Vanquish turntable/12-inch 3D tonearm/12-inch Fat Boy, SAT LM-12 arm, Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges; Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads/Doshi V3.0 tape stage run balanced; Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords. Stillpoint Aperture panels, SPod Magico feet, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC. Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks; Audiodharma Cable Cooker; Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

• Garth
      Garth commented
      Editing a comment
      400 for a reel with music on it is a lot of money 400 for a empty reel Congrats you are crazier than I am.

''Much Heavier Than Stock Reels'' doesn't make sense. Heavier means more stress on brakes and motors.

Comment

• Skylab
      Skylab commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed. Especially the brakes. No disrespect to anyone but I don’t think heavy reels are a good idea.

• MylesBAstor
      MylesBAstor commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree on weight. I think Greg is referring to how the reels start out not finish. That’s why both the Reeltronix and UHA reels have the holes in the sides of the reel plus larger cutouts that reduce the reel’s weight. The Reeltronix might be a smidge heavier but nothing that should affect wear and tear. Had my Reeltronix for years with no issues on my Technics.

• Skylab
      Skylab commented
      Editing a comment
      Ahhh, that makes sense. I actually looked on the UHA site for the weight of the reels but didn’t see it listed.

They look very nice. Sold on looks alone, no issues with the product or the very high price when compared to some nice german made reels which also have a metal core. (tonbandspule.de)

If a regular reel is straight enough as to not rub against the tape it is quite a claim that these reels would sound better. A well calibrated Studer, and the likes of, should be able to keep accurate speed regardless of the reel weight and thickness. If not, it certainly could be measured as to validate the claim. (the usage of "touted" is a nice marketing touch!)

If is about staying straight over time, $400.00 buy a lot of replacement flanges.

Personally, I was never able to reliably a/b improvements in SQ between various free of rubbing reels that I own, playing on my 2 studers and 2 lyrecs. I'll concede that I don't have the hearing ability of my youth as I am mid 50... meaning old enough to buy these reels just for their good looks.

Comment

are those powder coated or auto paint?

Comment

If these reels help with the balance and operation of the tape machine, then shouldn't you have one on each side? It means winding to the left reel, then replacing the right original reel with a second fancy reel, then playing, then rewinding to the left reel, then rewinding back to the original reel. With an non conventional screw pattern, you can't just undo the flanges of the tape reel and replace them with these super nice reels.

I think i might have written this before!! Anyway, I do exactly that reel replacement dance when playing 7.5" reels on my ATR-102, but just use 10.5 metal reels with NAB hubs. The library wind on the 102 is excellent so it doesn't take forever to do it.

Larry
        Analog- VPIClassic3-3DArm,SoundsmithZephyrII+MiyajimaZeroMono, 2xAmpex ATR-102,Doshi3.0 BottleheadPhonoPre,Herron VTPH-2A
        Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,Mykerinos,PacMicroModel2
        Dig Play-mchNADAC, LampiGG, Roon, HQP, Oppo105
        Electronics-Herron 360Pre,CJ MET1mchPre, Cary2A3monoamps
        Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR
        Other-512Engineer/Marutani Symmetrical Power, ArtKelmGround1, AudioDiskVinylCleaner,AirTightRecordFlat, Scott Rust Interconnects,
        Music-15KRecs(90%classical),1KR2Rtapes,50TBrips

Comment

I guess for me sometimes it’s also about the aesthetic and I think these look sweet as all get out. I ordered mine.
          Horning Eufrodite Ellipse III Speakers - 300B Monoblocks - TW Acustic RLS-100 Line Stage - TW Acustic RPS-100 Phono Stage - TW Acustic Raven AC with (2) 10.5 Arms and Black Knight Anniversary Upgrades - Ortofon A-95 and Miyajima Zero - Playback Designs MP-5 to a Bricasti M1 DAC for SACD (DSD) and Redbook - Tascam 42B (Refurb by Soren Witrup) + Doshi V.3 Tape Stage - (2) Silver Circle Audio TCHAIK 6's - Furutech Power Cords & Interconnects + Inakustik LS-4004 Air Speaker Cables - VPI 16.5 RCM

Comment

• astrotoy
            astrotoy commented
            Editing a comment
            Agree absolutely. Having cool looking reels silently spinning in the background is a joy to behold. Larry

Ordered mine in Silver..... Tuesday arrival!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180811_165809.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	94481Click image for larger version

Name:	20180811_165757.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.19 MB
ID:	94482

Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers, cj ART300 40th Anniversary monoblock Amplifiers; cj GAT preamplifier Series 2; Doshi V3.0 and Thoress Mk. 2 phonostages; VPI Vanquish turntable/12-inch 3D tonearm/12-inch Fat Boy, SAT LM-12 arm, Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges; Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads/Doshi V3.0 tape stage run balanced; Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords. Stillpoint Aperture panels, SPod Magico feet, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC. Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks; Audiodharma Cable Cooker; Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

Comment

They look great. Ordered 3(silver,red,black). I'm not concerned about the weight. I think more important is the improved stability to the tape path these will likely provide over most other reels currently available.

Comment

For those that have these, do they run true without contact on upper and lower edges, and not wobbly?

Comment

Excellent piece. A real artistic and well made metal reel, but at a price of a Toyota Supra wheel, I don't think it's practical for professional use anyway. For exhibition purposes on my living room Crown or Studer, by all means. I just use my custom made red ones with my logo on it, but these are beautiful. Regards.
                  Sketsoteric Audio: "Analog Sound, Digital Flexibility"
                  http://mortechpr.wixsite.com/cassetteadventures
                  http://mortechpr.wixsite.com/cgmasteringservices

Comment

Originally posted by Purevinyl View Post
                    are those powder coated or auto paint?
                    Powder coated.

Comment

Working...
                    X