Analog Optics-

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Analog Optics-

I know, those digital microscopes are just awesome. But I found one of these that's clean and the only thing that is missing is the little clip that enables you to mount a Shure styli-- not something I gotta have (though it takes away from 'perfect'). For cartridges, Shure supplied "pliant material"-- i did speak with Shure about the parts list. The guy I talked to wasn't even born when these things were extant. Anyway, enjoy for vintage funk value- I don't think they are terribly common these days, are they? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0426.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	115328Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0931.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	798.8 KB
ID:	115329

That's a nice piece to add to the collection Bill.
    SP-10 MKII table with custom power supply designed and built by Peter Noerbaek with an SME 3012R with Dyna XV-1S cartridge, VPI Avenger table with rim drive and JMW -12-3D arrm with Lyra Etna SL cartridge, Zesto Andros 1.2 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, Roon Nucleus Plus server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, JBL 4345 speakers with a pair of Def Tech Ref subs.

Comment

• Bill Hart
      Bill Hart commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, more stuff.

Nice piece of nostalgia Bill,

More "stuff" !

With my stuff and your stuff we can get back in time!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_13881.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	115339
    Front end: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 Power Supplies and Volume controls
    Brinkmann La Grange & RonT Tube Power supply with Kuzma 4-point ,FR64S, Brinkmann 12.1 , .Koetsu Jade Platinum,Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum, Lyra Atlas, Lyra Etna SL Goldfinger Statement, KLAUDIO RCM, HRSM3X
    Amps: Wyetech Topaz, Futterman H3 Quad II,Citation II, Marantz 8b, 5 ,2
    Pre-Amps:Marantz 7, Marantz Model 1 Consolette Pair
    Speakers: Quad ESL 57, Beveridge Model 3 DD amps, REL S/2 x 2
    Otari 5050BXII, DeHavilland 222

Comment

• Bill Hart
      Bill Hart commented
      Editing a comment
      What is that, Nick?

Hi Bill Hart
    It is a Ortofon TC 3000 turntable and cartridge test computer. The forefather of Analog Magik and Feikert software. I believe Shure made a device as well

It was dead when I received it from a dealer friend I made some repairs now it powers up and I can run through some of software. Very primitive - but cool microprocessor - Motorola 6800 inside.
    I have put it aside for the moment as I can't get prints for it or documentation. Maybe when I retire. Comes with test records and the whole shebang. Measures a bunch of cool cartridge/turntable parameters. I will get it going one day.

Click image for larger version  Name:	TC 3000 test computer p.1 (002).jpeg Views:	0 Size:	110.9 KB ID:	115355
    Attached Files
    Front end: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 Power Supplies and Volume controls
    Brinkmann La Grange & RonT Tube Power supply with Kuzma 4-point ,FR64S, Brinkmann 12.1 , .Koetsu Jade Platinum,Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum, Lyra Atlas, Lyra Etna SL Goldfinger Statement, KLAUDIO RCM, HRSM3X
    Amps: Wyetech Topaz, Futterman H3 Quad II,Citation II, Marantz 8b, 5 ,2
    Pre-Amps:Marantz 7, Marantz Model 1 Consolette Pair
    Speakers: Quad ESL 57, Beveridge Model 3 DD amps, REL S/2 x 2
    Otari 5050BXII, DeHavilland 222

Comment

• Bill Hart
      Bill Hart commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool. Never saw one. Yeah, when i was doing a little research on Shure, I saw their device. The Ortofon appears more sophisticated, but maybe it's that European flair. Kinda like this stand up routine I heard recently- they guy says, "the Italians in Italy- they wear scarves and cool clothes, fancy glasses and are elegant. The guys in Long Island and Jersey-- what happened?

• mep
      mep commented
      Editing a comment
      Gold chains worn over wife beater T shirts.
Working...
X