Show us your Cartridges!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show us your Cartridges!!

don't think there is a thread on this - start posting pics of your phono cartridges. expensive, cheap - they are all welcome, as long as its your cartridge.

Here is my Lyra Atlas being managed beautifully by the Thales Simplicity tonearm

Ortofon A90

Comment

• Metamatic
      Metamatic commented
      Editing a comment
      It sure is JC

• MylesBAstor
      MylesBAstor commented
      Editing a comment
      I still can't get used to seeing the A90/A95 having the generator mechanism shoved all the way up front and that big gap in the middle. Everytime I see those cartridges, always think that it's a mock up without the guts inside.

• Metamatic
      Metamatic commented
      Editing a comment
      I love the look of the A90/A95. Best looking cartridge around imo

Click image for larger version

Name:	shelter501markII.jpg
Views:	591
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	32669Click image for larger version

Name:	shelter501markII.jpg
Views:	568
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	32670 This is my Japanese Shelter 501 Mark II mounted on the end of my American Graham 2.2 tonearm wand. Click image for larger version  Name:	shelter501markII.jpg Views:	2 Size:	63.8 KB ID:	32667
    Attached Files
    Magnepan 1.6 QR Loudspeakers, Amherst A-2000 MOSFET 150 WPC Amp, Conrad Johnson PV-10A Modded Tube Line & Phono Stage, Electrocompaniet MC II Class A Head Amp, Shelter 501 Mark II Cart (St) , Graham Engineering 2.2 Tonearm (St) , VPI Aries-1 Turntable (St) , VPI Clamp, Denon DL-102 Cart, (M) , Luxman Tonearm (M) , Kenwood KD-500 Turntable (M) , Michell Clamp, Marantz 20B Analog FM Tuner, Pioneer SACD, Onkyo DX-6800 CD Transport, DIY 24B/192K DAC, Sennheiser HD-300 Headphones, Headroom Max Balanced Headphone Amp, DIY Silver Interconnects

Comment

Nagoaka MP50

Comment

The much loved Clearaudio Stradvari v1.

Comment

My old Transfiguration Temper

Comment

My new Lyra Kleos (yes, it is better)

Comment

• MylesBAstor
              MylesBAstor commented
              Editing a comment
              One thing I like about the Lyra is that they keep the same philosophy from top to bottom line.

• DetroitVinylRob
              DetroitVinylRob commented
              Editing a comment
              Ditto to what you say Myles. Jonathan and the rest of the fabulously talented folks at Lyra are some of the best in my mind (and ears).

Chris
            ----------------------------------------------------------------
            Kef 201/2, Pass xa30.5, W4S STP-SE, Manley Chinook, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV20x2L, ExaSound e32, Acoustic Zen cables. (Office): Vincent SP331 Mkll, Quicksilver Pre, Lumin D1, (Ken Lau Signiture Edition PSU), Bryston BCD-1, Vapor Audio Breeze, WooAudio W6se,Questyle Audio CMA800R LCD-3,HD800s, HD600, Mr Speaker Ether C Flow,

Comment

• MylesBAstor
              MylesBAstor commented
              Editing a comment
              Xx2?

• cpp
              cpp commented
              Editing a comment
              I wish Myles. 20x2L

Charisma Audio 103Click image for larger version

Name:	Charisma Audio 103 mounted to Roksan Artemiz - close-up.jpg
Views:	586
Size:	709.3 KB
ID:	32721

Comment

• ashandger
              ashandger commented
              Editing a comment
              Is that a Roksan turntable with the Artemiz tonearm?

• Joe Pittman
              Joe Pittman commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, it is a Roksan Xerxes 20Plus table with Reference power supply and Artemiz arm. The Artemiz arm has upgraded internal wire; the Vertere Hand Built wire by Touraj Moghaddam.

• ashandger
              ashandger commented
              Editing a comment
              Wonderful. I have the exact same turntable, power supply and arm but don't have the Vertere internal wire. I use Transparent Ref from arm to preamp. I am using VdH Frog with gold coils custom built for me by AJ. Happy listening.

Originally posted by Joe Pittman View Post
            Charisma Audio 103Click image for larger version

Name:	Charisma Audio 103 mounted to Roksan Artemiz - close-up.jpg
Views:	586
Size:	709.3 KB
ID:	32721
            Does that mean it's a denuded Denon 103 in a chunk of wood?
            Micro Seiki SX-8000 table with flywheel, SME 3012R arm, SME 312S arm, Lyra Etna SL and Dynavector XV-1S cartridges, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, Roon Nucleus Plus server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, JBL 4345 speakers, and Def Tech Ref subs.

Comment

• Rob
              Rob commented
              Editing a comment
              a 103 in a "chunk of wood" is a little simplistic Joe can say for sure but AFAIK the suspension is reworked (higher compliance) to perform better in med-mass arms and features a ruby cantilever and new stylus profile. audio snobs need not apply but i'm interested in trying one.

• Joe Pittman
              Joe Pittman commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, Rob is correct. Denon 103 engine, Sapphire cantilever (red color) with Super fine line contact nude diamond stylus, modified suspension to track at 2.1g, Birdseye Maple wood body with threaded inserts for mounting to headshell. At a retail price of $750 it has excellent price/performance.

• MylesBAstor
              MylesBAstor commented
              Editing a comment
              I heard the modded cartridge at Joe's place this summer and Charisma didn't sound like the "stock" 103. Much more revealing and better performance at the frequency extremes. The "stock" 103 is a great deal for the money but there are times want a lot more from the cartridge, particularly dynamics and get up and go.

My current rotation is Dynavector XV1t for the 10" stereo arm and an Ikeda 9TT Mono for the 12" arm
            Christian
            System Gear

Comment

• MylesBAstor
              MylesBAstor commented
              Editing a comment
              What happened to the Koetsu Christian? Bored? What do you think about the bass of the Dynavector?

• rockitman
              rockitman commented
              Editing a comment
              Just changing things up for a bit. Yes...the XV-1t does have more bass extension than the Koetsu. Excellent cart. The Ikeda 9TT sounds very good in the mono dept too.... Not as good as the Lyra OIympos SL though.
              Last edited by rockitman; 11-14-2016, 11:37 PM.

Originally posted by Metamatic View Post
            don't think there is a thread on this - start posting pics of your phono cartridges. expensive, cheap - they are all welcome, as long as its your cartridge.

Here is my Lyra Atlas being managed beautifully by the Thales Simplicity tonearm

It is interesting that the Atlas is one of the few cartridges with "limited" contact area with the headshell. Your picture really shows that!
            Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
            Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
            -cj 40th Anniversary ART300 monoblock amplifiers
            -cj GAT preamplifier Series 2 preamplifier
            -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
            -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
            -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
            -Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
            -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
            -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords
            -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

My current stable. A Dynavector XV-1s, a Kondo IO-M, and just added EMT OFD 15i for mono.

Comment

Here are two from my collection...

Kissing cousins: Lyra Etna and Lyra Etna SL

Dre
                Every day is a good day to play analog.
                - 12" 33-1/3 RPM or 45 RPM vinyl
                - 10.5" 15ips or 30ips tape
                Every day is a good day for live music.

Comment

• Dre_J
                  Dre_J commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Tim,
                  Lyra specs both Etna and Etna SL cartridges at 20 degrees for VTA (fulcrum contact point at the cartridge body to stylus tip) based on recommended tracking force.

• DetroitVinylRob
                  DetroitVinylRob commented
                  Editing a comment
                  May I inquire, what phono cable are you fancying for these?

• Dre_J
                  Dre_J commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Both of the Basis Audio tonearms (SuperArm 9 and Vector IV) have a continuous captive phono cables from cartridge clips to RCA/XLR connectors.
                  Last edited by Dre_J; 03-09-2018, 07:17 AM. Reason: phono cables

Here's my Denon 103 in another chunk of wood - the Soundsmith Gold but modified per my request.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Gold.jpg
Views:	579
Size:	447.6 KB
ID:	32916

Comment

Working...
                X