Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok , now I'm done I'm really done..... really.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok , now I'm done I'm really done..... really.

So, to join the stable of the Lyra Atlas , 8mos. old, the Lyra Etna SL about a month old and the Koestu RSP maaaybe 10 hrs or less since a trip back to Koetsu San for a rebuild -the new Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement joins the group.

This should be fun. They certainly make a "statement" with the packaging. I've heard the prior model v2 extensively and this new Statement should be a treat with the others.

So yes , I am done. Just looking for active isolation for the Brinkmann and then that's it for the front end.... really....

Click image for larger version

Name:	goldfinger1010).jpg
Views:	103
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	48347Click image for larger version

Name:	Goldfinger 2(012).jpg
Views:	134
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	48348Click image for larger version

Name:	Goldfinger 3 (014).jpg
Views:	102
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	48349

Name:	tonearms.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	48350

Front end: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 Power Supplies and Volume controls
    Brinkmann Balance & RonT Tube Power supply with Kuzma 4-point ,FR64S, Brinkmann 12.1 , .Koetsu Jade Platinum,Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum, Lyra Atlas, Lyra Etna SL Goldfinger Statement, KLAUDIO RCM, HRSM3X
    Amps: Wyetech Topaz, Futterman H3 Quad II,Citation II, Marantz 8b, 5 ,2
    Pre-Amps:Marantz 7, Marantz Model 1 Consolette Pair
    Speakers: Quad ESL 57, Beveridge Model 3 DD amps, REL S/2 x 2
    Otari 5050BXII, DeHavilland 222

"I'm really done" famous last words its a journey and if you're into this hobby as much as it appears you're never done. that said, enjoy your latest acquisition!
    TechDAS | Graham Eng | ZYX | B.M.C. | Boulder | Magico

"Listening to Analogue music is an act of rebellion in a digital gulag" - Simon Yorke

Comment

Great collection with wonderful options. Curious: 4 top level cartridges + 2 tonearms. How often are you working on set-up and reinstallation? As one who's never personally installed a top-flight ($$) cartridge, this would make me sort of nervous.
      Lyra Kleos SL, Dynavector XX-2MKII, VPI JMW 10.5i, VPI Aries, VPI SDS, ModWright PH-150 Reference Phono, Sony HAP-Z1ES server, McIntosh MR80, McIntosh C2300, McIntosh MC352, Vandersteen 5A, PS Audio P10, Bright Star Audio Rack of Gibraltar. Cables: Shunyata Cobra Ztron IC, PS Audio Statement AC, Synergistic Research AC, Harmonic Tech Silver Phono, Cable Research Labs Silver IC, Audioquest Gibraltar bi-wire.

Comment

• kcin
        kcin commented
        Editing a comment
        I might retire one to the auction block.. not sure yet I like what the Lyras and Koetsus do... Goldfinger should should shake things up.

The Kuzma allows for headshells to be intsalled quickly although you still have to deal with VTA and tracking force- cartridge alignment is set once so nothing there.. Those items are pretty easy to handle with the Kuzma. The main thing is that the SmartTractor allows for set up so easily that if I wanted to check it is a 15min effort. That tool is incredible and so far superior to anything out there that I am going to ditch the other 5 or 6 set up tools I have.

Setting up a cartridge is not as bad it would seem once you get the hang of it.

" Done"-a bit facetious, "maybe" I'm done for this year........thanks!
      Front end: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 Power Supplies and Volume controls
      Brinkmann Balance & RonT Tube Power supply with Kuzma 4-point ,FR64S, Brinkmann 12.1 , .Koetsu Jade Platinum,Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum, Lyra Atlas, Lyra Etna SL Goldfinger Statement, KLAUDIO RCM, HRSM3X
      Amps: Wyetech Topaz, Futterman H3 Quad II,Citation II, Marantz 8b, 5 ,2
      Pre-Amps:Marantz 7, Marantz Model 1 Consolette Pair
      Speakers: Quad ESL 57, Beveridge Model 3 DD amps, REL S/2 x 2
      Otari 5050BXII, DeHavilland 222

Comment

Originally posted by kcin View Post
        " Done"-a bit facetious, "maybe" I'm done for this year........thanks!
        Calendar or fiscal year?
        Analog: Holbo Turntable, Transfiguration Proteus; Forsell Air Reference, Transfiguration Phoenix S; Rega RP-8, VdH Crimson XGW; VPI Prime Signature, VAS Nova Mono, VAS Nova Signature, Symphonic Line RG-8
        Digital: Mac mini 6,2 with YFS PS-12M LPS; Exogal Comet Plus, Exogal Ion PowerDAC
        Electronics: Aurorasound Vida, Channel D Lino C; Merrill Cara, Gryphon M-100 Mkii (pair)
        Cables: Morrow, Gryphon interconnects; YFS USB cable; Morrow, XLO, Channel D phono cables; Morrow, Gryphon, Goertz speaker cables

Comment

Originally posted by kcin View Post
        So, to join the stable of the Lyra Atlas , 8mos. old, the Lyra Etna SL about a month old and the Koestu RSP maaaybe 10 hrs or less since a trip back to Koetsu San for a rebuild -the new Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement joins the group.

This should be fun. They certainly make a "statement" with the packaging. I've heard the prior model v2 extensively and this new Statement should be a treat with the others.

So yes , I am done. Just looking for active isolation for the Brinkmann and then that's it for the front end.... really....

Name:	goldfinger1010).jpg
Views:	103
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	48347Click image for larger version

Name:	Goldfinger 2(012).jpg
Views:	134
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	48348Click image for larger version

Name:	Goldfinger 3 (014).jpg
Views:	102
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	48349

Name:	tonearms.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	48350

I think the CA Statement would be my cartridge of choice if I didn't own the Atlas. Congrats buddy!
        Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
        Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
        -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
        -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
        -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
        -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
        -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
        -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
        -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
        -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
        -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Comment

• kcin
          kcin commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks !
      Working...
      X