Airtight Opus vs Lyra Etna SL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airtight Opus vs Lyra Etna SL

Has anyone compared these two carts and if so, can they describe the differences?

Thanks!
    Magico M-Project, CAT JL7SE, CH Precision L1/X1/P1, Kronos Pro Limited Edition/SME 3012R/Atlas SL/Opus-1, Schiit Yggdrasil, ZenWave D4 ICs & SCs

Albert Porter has had the Lyra Atlas and the Opus in his system and will hopefully comment.
    Rockport Sirius turntable, Lyra Atlas SL cartridge, Audio Note M9 SE Phono stage, Audio Note M10 (Signature) linestage, EMM Labs TX2/DA2 digital, Audio Note Balanced Kegon amps, EMM Labs MTRX amps, Acapella Triolons, Jorma Prime and Odin 2 cables, Stage 3 Kraken power cords, HB Marble Powerslave, Finite Elemente Pagode Reference stands and Cerabases, Halcyonics active isolation bases, HRS Equipment stand, Stillpoints Ultra 6 footers, Furitech cable isolators and plugs, Loricraft and Audiodesk vinyl cleaners, Yamaha CT7000 Tuner.

Comment

I have the Lyra Etna SL and the Atlas. Soon to mount my new Goldfinger Statement. Sorry, I can't compare the Airtight Cartridge for you.

Etna SL is still new.. less than 10 hrs Atlas is little used too but maybe 100hrs or so.

I can see the attraction of the Etna SL very delicate detail with body. The Atlas is a powerhouse in the lower registers and simply sings.

Too early to pass further judgements I am still optimizing

I will mount the Clearaudio sometime soon -I hope- when I have more time.

Phono: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 Power Supplies and Volume controls
      Brinkmann Balance & RonT Tube Power supply with Kuzma 4-point ,FR64S, Brinkmann 12.1 , .Koetsu Jade Platinum,Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum, Lyra Atlas Lamda, Lyra Etna SL Goldfinger Statement, KLAUDIO RCM, HRSM3X
      Amps: Custom Direct Drive, Wyetech Topaz, Futterman H3 Quad II,Citation II, Marantz 8b, 5 ,2. Bedini 25/25
      Pre-Amps:Marantz 7, Marantz Model 1 Consolette Pair
      Speakers: Beveridge Model 3 Direct Drive amps, REL S/2 x 2, Quad ESL pair
      Otari 5050BXII, DeHavilland 222

Comment

Working...
      X