Latest Ortofon development - MC Windfeld TI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Ortofon development - MC Windfeld TI

Just thought I'd pass this on: the new Ortofon Windfeld Ti will be coming about at the end of June: https://www.ortofon.com/mc-windfeld-ti-p-737
    Ortofon has now extended the range of the Exclusives Series to include the brand new MC Windfeld Ti

In continuation of the Ortofon design tradition and the new paradigm in engineering and manufacturing, we are proud to introduce the MC Windfeld Ti, a new moving coil phono cartridge in the absolute high-end class.

At the heart of the MC Windfeld Ti lies a revolutionary customized Selective Laser Melting manufacturing technology pioneered by Ortofon for manufacturing of the legendary MC A90 in 2007. The use of Titanium in the MC Windfeld Ti has provided a further improvement to the overall rigidity of the structure and the cartridge weight.

Our extensive knowledge of vibration properties, characteristics in different shapes and materials, competences in magnetism, mechanical design and new technologies has been applied for optimization of the MC Windfeld model. The new MC Windfeld Ti has gone to the next level by reducing unwanted vibrations and increasing the dynamic capability of the cartridge.

Those who choose to adopt the MC Windfeld Ti will experience the lifelike, dynamic and open sound, with exceedingly clear midrange. The MC Windfeld Ti remains extremely musical while paying close attention to micro dynamic details, with its delicate, but also analytical nature. MC Windfeld Ti will be available through Ortofon authorised partners by the end of June. For pre-ordering please contact your local Ortofon Authorised HiFi partner.

I wonder if the Anna will be updated or replaced. Mikey alluded to a completely new Ortofon cartridge in recent Analog Planet column.
    Ortofon's Chief Officer of Acoustics and Technology Leif Johannsen and Dee Hustinova, Ortofon U.S. General Manager stopped over today to show me a brand new Ortofon cartridge the design of which Leif has just completed. I can't talk about it or show it (that's why it's in his cupped hand). Ortofon will announce it at High End Munich next month. Oh! I just noticed Leif forgot to take it with him. I think I'll set it up now and have a listen!
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
    -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
    -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Comment

Since when did 0.2mv become "medium output"?
      Analog: Holbo Turntable, VdH Crimson Strad XGW; Forsell Air Reference, Transfiguration Proteus; Rega RP-8, VAS Nova Mono
      Digital: Mac mini 6,2 with YFS PS-12M LPS; Exogal Comet Plus, Exogal Ion PowerDAC
      Electronics: Aurorasound Vida, Channel D Lino C; Merrill Cara, Gryphon M-100 Mkii (pair)
      Cables: Morrow, Gryphon interconnects; YFS USB cable; Morrow, XLO, Channel D phono cables; Morrow, Gryphon, Goertz speaker cables

Comment

• pcosta
        pcosta commented
        Editing a comment
        Where or when do they say that?

• jonathanb
        jonathanb commented
        Editing a comment
        From the Ortofon website: "A low output impedance of 7 ohm and a medium output voltage of 0.2 mV makes the Ortofon MC Windfeld Ti a perfect partner for most MC pre-amps as well as step-up transformers."

• pcosta
        pcosta commented
        Editing a comment
        I see.
        I don't consider 7 ohms low impedance, and I agree with you on the 0.2 not being medium output. I hope they meant to say medium impedance and low output.

So it appears the new cartridge Mikey alluded to in the above preview was the new Winfield.

But can some other new cartridges be around the corner?
      The mystery surrounding the April 18th visit by Ortofon's Leif Johannsen can now explained. The cartridge Ortofon's R&D Chief brought for me to hear and review is the new Windfeld Ti, which replaces the nearly a decade old Windfeld, which was both a tribute to his predecessor Per Windfeld and Mr. Johannsen/s first design for Ortofon.
      Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
      Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
      -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
      -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
      -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
      -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
      -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
      -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
      -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
      -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
      -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Comment

You have to love Ortofon. They have been in business making cartridges forever and they don't stop innovating. The last Ortofon I had was many years ago and it was a MM.
        Micro Seiki SX-8000 table with flywheel, SME 3012R arm, SME 312S arm, Lyra Etna SL and Dynavector XV-1S cartridges, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, Roon Nucleus Plus server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, JBL 4345 speakers, and Def Tech Ref subs.

Comment

Working...
        X