No phono section needed.
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
    -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
    -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

this is on my short list. the price drop is a welcome surprise, the previous version was about $8k.

Comment

• JCOConnell
      JCOConnell commented
      Editing a comment
      Isnt the top line version about $20k?

I heard it at Axpona vs the Gullwing and something must have been amiss. The Benz Gullwing was hugely better. Granted the Gullwing was being used with the top of the line ARC phono. But I was able to using the same table and arm compare and contrast the two cartridges. The DS Audio had a lack of depth and compared to the Gullwing weirdly put all the performers in the speaker. Plus the DS Audio just lacked openness and top end compared to the Gullwing.
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
    -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
    -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Comment

As with most analog, set up & breakin is every thing ..

Jonathan Valin review - http://www.theabsolutesound.com/arti...cal-cartridge/

Ken Kessler review - June HiFiNews (no link found) awarded the DS 002 the HiFiNews editors choice award

Comment

• MylesBAstor
        MylesBAstor commented
        Editing a comment
        Break-in probably--especially at an audio show-- more the issue? In fact, that's why I always try to go back to rooms at least twice-and the rooms that I liked the most on Friday and Sunday or Sat and Sunday--just to compare the sound. Can make a huge difference in one's reaction to the rooms at a show. Can't tell you how many products at the show are stone cold new especially cartridges. The Colibri Signature was brand new since AJ brought it over and hand delivered it to Randy. Probably wasn't starting to sound right until the third day.

Assume the importer Musical Surroundings set up or at least checked out the cartridge set-up for the show.

Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post
      No phono section needed.
      Maybe a better description should be "technology required unique pre-amp part of package price" Supposedly the upper level / Master and lower level 002 pre-amps can be interchanged. Ken Kessler sounds like he was impressed enough to give it an Editor's Choice Award and in that review they actually tested & published the compliance and separation specs in their 'lab report' - something DS Audio & their marketing have not published before now.

Comment

• MylesBAstor
        MylesBAstor commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes just as like with the Soundsmith strain gauge cartridge also.

Didn't realize electronics were interchangeable.

• Spla'nin
        Spla'nin commented
        Editing a comment
        Presently I may have the one that was used for the demos prior to August as it was 'demo' stock from Musical Surroundings via my local dealer. It had an undetermined amount of hours on it but is still breaking in and the sound is still improving after 100 plus hours of my usage.

• MylesBAstor
        MylesBAstor commented
        Editing a comment
        👏
    Working...
    X