Mono cartridges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mono cartridges

Hi, who has had experience with multiple mono carts on mono classical recordings?

Please state impressions.

Also, is the SPU mono similar to SPU stereo in sound signature - full bodied tone, flowing, less highs? and are the Lyra monos similar to their stereo carts?

I have heard the Miya zero in a couple of systems and like it. It did not sound similar to the madake

I follow this thread with interest because my ONLY experience with a mono cart is the Miyajima Zero, which I love.
    Horning Eufrodite Ellipse III Speakers - 300B Monoblocks - TW Acustic RLS-100 Line Stage - TW Acustic RPS-100 Phono Stage - TW Acustic Raven AC with (2) 10.5 Arms and Black Knight Anniversary Upgrades - Ortofon A-95 and Miyajima Zero - Playback Designs MP-5 to a Bricasti M1 DAC for SACD (DSD) and Redbook - Tascam 42B Refurbished - (2) Silver Circle Audio TCHAIK 6's - Custom Furutech Power Cords & Interconnects and Inakustik LS-4004 Air Speaker Cables - VPI 16.5 RCM

Comment

• Letsmakeadeal
      Letsmakeadeal commented
      Editing a comment
      Me too...I have a ZERO on arm 3 and would not part with it...Fine mono playback is astonishingly good.

I cannot comment on other manufacturers or specifically to classical recordings, but the Ortofon Cadenza Mono did sound quite similar in sonic character to Ortofon overall, and specially to the Cadenza series (as did the other mono models - Quintet, etc). I cannot comment on the SPU carts or the Lyra mono carts. Jeff Whitlock of AV solutions in California (who is also on this forum from time to time) has a lot of experience with carts and with mono carts (including the SPU series) as well. I would suggest giving him a call maybe: http://www.avsolutionsca.com Best of luck.

Comment

Working...
    X