Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Phono Cables are You Using With Your Tonearm?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Tim. Nice review.

The Sigma is a fantastic cable but a bit more than I want to spend.

Did you listen to the Alpha?

Comment

Another Wywires Platinum user here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ritmo View Post
        Thanks Tim. Nice review.

The Sigma is a fantastic cable but a bit more than I want to spend.

Did you listen to the Alpha?
        Hi nice to hear from you. I have not heard the Alpha. I'm looking at the difference in construction and feature set. The current Shunyata IC lineup from the Venom to the Sigma adds features to a basic design as you step up each grade. The main difference between Sigma and Alpha phono cable is the Alpha does not include the TAP or Tranverse Axial Polarizer feature. That's the bulb of copper discs that reduces the electro-magnetic wave outside the cable running parallel to it - they claim that as a source of micro-distortion. Apart from TAP the Alpha shares the features of the Sigma.

Comment

A month or so ago I tried to buy an Audioquest Wild tonearm cable but my dealer told me that they weren’t making them anymore but they would sell me a WEL for just about the same price. I jumped on it and I am very happy I did. This is definitely the most neutral tonearm cable I have ever used. It replaced a VdH hybrid which was nice but it doesn’t compare to the AQ WEL.

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio V3 Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS; Durand Telos and SME 3012R Tonearms, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Miyajima Madake, Miyajima Zero, Benz Micro LPS; Reel to Reel: Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810; Studer A812; Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC> Lampizator Big 7 DAC

Comment

Working...
          X