• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_19908.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	2.70 MB
ID:	119699My Audio Research Reference 2SE Phono.

Comment

• JCOConnell
      JCOConnell commented
      Editing a comment
      nice, does the display automatically or manually turn off?

• WeatherB
      WeatherB commented
      Editing a comment
      Manually or by remote control.

My Bottlehead Eros Phono pre, DYI selector to switch between turntables, and Bob's Devices VPI SUT.
    Attached Files
    Main System:Thales Compact Turntable and Thales Simplicity Tonearm, Ortofon A95, Musical FidelityM6 Vinyl Phono Stage, Vinyl Nirvana TD160 Super with Jelco 850 Tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Mono, Cambridge Azur Universal Disc Player, Blusound Vault 2i, Apple Airport Express, Mytek Liberty DAC, Cary Audio CAD-300SEI (All tubes rolled),Pure Audio Project Quintet 15s with Voxative AC-PiFe, Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones, PS Audio PP12.

Comment

RCL...finallyClick image for larger version

Name:	F4691938-5768-45F4-9C02-36F46B34543A.png
Views:	397
Size:	195.0 KB
ID:	122526

Comment

just got this in. I've been toying with transimpedance type phonostages as of late having the B.M.C here and now the Channel D Lino C. Transimpedance gain stages are defined by amplifying the current a given cartridge puts out rather than voltage. In theory the gain and loading are automatically set by the internal impedance of cartridge. The lower the impedance the better suited it is for this type of design. The Lino and other phono stages like it (B.M.C., CH Precision, 47 Labs, et al) work best with carts with lowest DCR possible (direct current resistance) of around 5 ohms or less. I'm using the My Sonic Labs Eminent EX which has a DCR of 1 ohm and Mutech RM-Kagayaki (1.8 ohms). The Haniwa HCTR01 is on my short list with a DCR of a scant 0.6 ohms.

A great challenge of life: Knowing enough to think you are right, but not knowing enough to know when when you are wrong - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Comment

• RoadDawgWest
          RoadDawgWest commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for the photos from under the hood. What are the large black rectangles on the right & left side? Is circuitry inside?

• Rob
          Rob commented
          Editing a comment
          The internals are bolted to a 0.75" machined aluminum plate on the floor of the chassis, the black squares are thick blocks of acetal for add'l mass and extensional damping. all of the circuitry is compacted in the center of the unit, a combination of SMT and through hole parts (WIMA caps). The unit is battery powered (gray box behind the PCB) and trickle charged from a SMPS. Its balanced in/out and the RIAA can be set flat for use with Dr. Robinson's ripping and music playing software which handles RIAA eq and other useful functions like pop/click removal, parametric eq, precise channel balance, etc,

It's a TOMMY hillfigyre edition
        analog stuff.
        otari mtr 10 2 track 1/4 made new by soren
        otari mtr 10 2 track 1/4 1/2 combo made new by soren
        sota sapphire used eminent tech ver 2 arm
        new sota nova table has magnetic levitation platter and full speed control and latest motor same arm as above
        thorens td124 sme ver 2 arm
        thorens td125 sme ver 2 arm
        kenwood direct drive sme ver 2 arm
        phono preamp Ml no 25 all re capped
        speakers cust infinity IRS V , new caps and LPS , magnets etc.
        mark levivson pre no 26 amps no 33
        digital three cust servers , win ser 2016 , AO
        Dacs lampi various

Comment

Audionet PAM G2 with Audionet EPS G2 power supply
          Lehmann Decade (for sale)
          EAT E GLO Petit with EAT LPS power supply (currently in system with EAT table. Using Telefunken 12ax7 smooth plates.Click image for larger version

Name:	AudioNet 1.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	281.5 KB
ID:	122599
          Attached Files
          SOURCE: VINYL - EAT C-Sharp with, EAT LPS power supply, My Sonic Lab Signature Gold
          DIGITAL - Auralic Vega G2 DAC. Schiit Yggdrasil DAC. Bluesound Node 2i streamer
          PHONOSTAGE: AudioNet PAM G2 with AudioNet EPX power supply.
          PREAMP: Audionet PRE G2.
          AMPLIFIER: Audionet MAX monoblocks.
          SPEAKERS: YG Acoustics Anat III Signatures (upgraded to Sonja 1.2) SVS SB-4000 subwoofers (x2)
          CABLES: Kubala-Sosna.....Audio Desk Systeme RCM, Adona Rack, GIK & Acoustimac room treatment, Isoacoustics

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_22292.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	372.6 KB
ID:	129759Click image for larger version

Name:	image_22293.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	388.4 KB
ID:	129760Click image for larger version

Name:	image_22294.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	2.83 MB
ID:	129761 Valab LCR MkIII
            Last edited by shawnwes; 02-01-2020, 04:10 PM.
            "I'm...a rather simple person with a limited talent and perhaps a limited perspective"...Bill Evans

LP playback: Ariston RD 11 Superieur, Audiomods Series 6 Tonearm, Dynavector DV DRT XV-1s, Valab LCR MkIII, Target wall-mounted turntable shelf

Amplification: Exposure 2010 S2

Speakers: B&W Nautilus 805 on sand-filled Atacama stands

Cabling: Audio Sensibility Statement SE (ics), Audio Sensibility Testaments (spkr)

Comment

Deleted.

Comment

Working...
              X