Allnic, Aesthetix IO, Dartzeel, Kodo Beat, Vyger Indian Signature, etc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allnic, Aesthetix IO, Dartzeel, Kodo Beat, Vyger Indian Signature, etc

A massive room houses Magico Q7 mk2 with a stack of 6 REL subs driven by Alieno OTL (I have previously heard the Alieno with the M3 and compared it to Dagostino with a Feickert Firebird, but will wait to write more on details as I will get a further compare of the amps with that owner’s Techdas Af3 premium and Lampi Pacific).

J's preamp is the NAT Magnetostat, which J moved on to from the Allnic L5000. He also has the Berning and the Veloce preamps, and we did briefly compare the NAT to the Dartzeel as a preamp (I have previously*had*the NAT Magnetostat SE*on audition in my home system next to a Jadis pre).

Given the amount of gear, I paid J two visits, and spent two full days with changes made to the set up. I am posting this write-up as Day 1 and Day 2. The findings on Day 1 did change to Day 2.*

A long read, but it gets much better on Day 2 as compared to Day 1.*

The analog that we were able to compare was:
    1. Kodo Beat (modded) and Vyger Indian Signature (modded)
    2. Aesthetix IO Eclipse, Allnic H5000, and the Dartzeel phonos
    3. Kiseki Purple Heart, Airtight Supreme, Allnic Puritas, Lyra Atlas, vDH Stradivarius, Benz LPS, and Zyx Omega carts

http://zero-distortion.org/allnic-ae...nature-kiseki/

Daaaaamn......
    Horning Eufrodite Ellipse III Speakers - 300B Monoblocks - TW Acustic RLS-100 Line Stage - TW Acustic RPS-100 Phono Stage - TW Acustic Raven AC with (2) 10.5 Arms and Black Knight Anniversary Upgrades - Ortofon A-95 and Miyajima Zero - Playback Designs MP-5 to a Bricasti M1 DAC for SACD (DSD) and Redbook - Tascam 42B (Refurb by Soren Witrup) + Doshi V.3 Tape Stage - (2) Silver Circle Audio TCHAIK 6's - Furutech Power Cords & Interconnects + Inakustik LS-4004 Air Speaker Cables - VPI 16.5 RCM

Comment

Wow! Quite an undertaking, kudos.
      Speakers, Wilson Audio Sasha 2's; line stage, ARC Ref 6; phono pre ARC Ref 3; Amplifier, ARC Ref 75 SE; turntable, Dr. Feickert Firebird with a Kuzma 14 inch 4 pt and Transfiguration Proteus; CD player Ayre C 5 xe; tuner, Magnum Dynalab MD109 SE; Dr. Feickert Analogue CBPS; Double Matrix Professional Sonic RCM; Transparent Audio Isolator 8; Transparent Super cables and IC's; and a Atocha Designs Record Cabinet

Comment

Great looking system. What are the room dimensions? Those turntables are pretty daunting to look at!
        Dynavector XX-2MK2, VPI JMW 10.5i, VPI Aries, VPI SDS, ModWright PH-150 Reference Phono, Sony HAP-Z1ES server, McIntosh C2300, McIntosh MC352, Vandersteen 5A, PS Audio P10, Bright Star Audio Rack of Gibraltar. Cables: Shunyata Cobra Ztron IC, PS Audio Statement AC, Synergistic Research AC, Harmonic Tech Silver Phono, Cable Research Labs Silver IC, Audioquest Gibraltar bi-wire.

Comment

That throws the KISS method right out the window WOW that is impressive cleaning would be a delicate operation.

Comment

I must admit I had to re-read this 2x to get the feel of it. Lots of equipment and opinion. I appreciate all the work.

The Aesthetix is truly amazing when set up with attention to detail. Tube rolling also applies. It certainly can be plug and play but like everything at this level it must be tweaked to be optimized. The standard HRS couplers are good on the Eclipse however, when you change them out to largest size couplers this really helps with the isolation and quietness.

What's more impressive to me is that a - what- say 20 year old design?- is still competitive today.

Front end: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 Power Supplies and Volume controls
            Brinkmann La Grange & RonT Tube Power supply with Kuzma 4-point , Brinkmann 12.1 , Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum, Lyra Atlas, Lyra Etna SL Goldfinger Statement, KLAUDIO RCM, HRSM3X
            Amps: Wyetech Topaz, Futterman H3 Quad II,Citation II, Marantz 8b, 5 ,2
            Pre-Amps: ARC SP 3a, Marantz 7, Marantz Model 1 Consolette Pair
            Speakers: Quad ESL 57, Beveridge Model 3 DD amps, REL S/2 x 2

Comment

• bonzo75
              bonzo75 commented
              Editing a comment
              Shun Mook footers will be way superior to the HRS. Check with Greg of UHA tape deck, that's what he does for his IO eclipse too

Beautiful room and awesome assemblage of hardware...if there were one nit to pick its the speaker placement, 5' apart?
            How Do You Beat Audiophile Nervosa?

Step Number 1: Upgrade your music collection first. If you do it correctly that should keep you busy in perpetuity.

Comment

• bonzo75
              bonzo75 commented
              Editing a comment
              Actually the main pic was taken by him before. He is a professional photographer and his pics looks better, and I am just not good at pics. His actual speakers are further apart than that.

The distance listening position is 4 meters…. distance between speakers ( center to center) 256 cm
              Room is W. 6 meters x L. 13 meters x H. 3.20 meters speakers are 6 meters from back wall.
              Last edited by bonzo75; 08-08-2018, 04:28 AM.

• tima
              tima commented
              Editing a comment
              That's about 8.4 feet between centers. Do they fire straightahead?
              Fascinating that the system uses 6 subwoofers.

• bonzo75
              bonzo75 commented
              Editing a comment
              In the pics in the first post, my last pic shows the angle to the chair

Excellent review/comparison. Just read through it for the third time.
            SOURCE: VINYL - EAT C-Sharp, Benz LPS-mr, Benz Ebony H, DIGITAL - Marantz SA-11S3 sacd/cd/transport, Auralic Vega DSD 256 DAC. PHONOSTAGE: AudioNet PAM G2 with AudioNet EPS G2 power supply. PREAMP: Audionet PRE G2. AMPLIFIER: Audionet AMP monoblocks. SPEAKERS: YG Acoustics Anat III Signatures (upgraded to Sonja 1.2) REL Gibraltar G1 with G1 mk2 driver. CABLES: Kubala-Sosna.....Audio Desk Systeme RCM, Adona Rack, GIK room treatment

Comment

Fun article, thanks, Ked.

Everything matters.
              Magico M-Project, CAT JL7s, CJ GAT/darTZeel 18NS, Kronos Pro Limited Edition/Black Beauty/Atlas SL/Opus-1,CH Precision P1, Schiit Yggdrasil, KS Elation ICs & SCs

Comment

Working...
              X