No announcement yet.

Ok Myles - What the heck is this? "new VPI Fat Boy 12-inch 3D dual pivot arm"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok Myles - What the heck is this? "new VPI Fat Boy 12-inch 3D dual pivot arm"

Myles - You mentioned this "new VPI Fat Boy 12-inch 3D dual pivot arm" in passing in another post....Please spill the beans. What are you referring to? Is this just another of Harry's experiments or something tangible?

I did find a few pics in your VPI press conference post....Thanks
    Last edited by Letsmakeadeal; 05-03-2017, 10:25 PM.
    Primary 2 channel stuff: Atma-Sphere MP-1 Mk 3.3, Pass Labs X600.5 amps, Aerial SW 12 subs, True Sound Works Ultimate Apogee Divas, Dunlavy SC4s, VPI HRX Reference w Avenger mag drive and Reference footers, Gimbal Fatboy, Yamaha GT2000 for Mono, Miyajima Kansui, Miyajima ZERO, Fidelity Research MC-201 & 202, VPI ADS, Vendetta Research SCP-1, Audio Note UK- 3.1X II balanced DAC, Meridian Sooloos, Western Electric Speaker wire, mostly diy balanced interconnects, Furutech Power Cords

I spoke to Mat W. about the arm at AXPONA.

Mat said the name will be the VPI JMW Titan arm if my memory is correct. Code named "Fat Boy".

Price was TBD at the time of communication.

I think he said the arm is slated to go on the VPI Titan turntable.
    Every day is a good day to play analog.
    - 12" 33-1/3 RPM or 45 RPM vinyl
    - 10.5" 15ips or 30ips tape
    Every day is a good day for live music.
    Every day is a good day to listen to music.
    Industry Affiliation:
    Contributing Writer, The Absolute Sound

Comment

Originally posted by Dre_J View Post
      I spoke to Mat W. about the arm at AXPONA.

Mat said the name will be the VPI JMW Titan arm if my memory is correct. Code named "Fat Boy".

Price was TBD at the time of communication.

I think he said the arm is slated to go on the VPI Titan turntable.

Exactly as I understand. It was made to go with the Titan table.

As Fat Boy is a little heavier, the new arm could work with other cartridges that might like seeing a more medium mass arm such as the Grado Statement. (that's what I heard in the arm in Jersey a while back.) Plus being thicker walled, the newer version of the 3D arm it's a bit stiffer.
      Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
      Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
      -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
      -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
      -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
      -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
      -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
      -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
      -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
      -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
      -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Comment

Scroll down to post #8. Here's a shot of the new dual pivot Titan arm on the Titan table. Note the dual pivot in front of the outrigger here.

VPI Press Conference Part 2 When the factory tour concluded, everyone drove (or was driven over) to the “VPI House” for some listening. Established several
        Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
        Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
        -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
        -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
        -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
        -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
        -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
        -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
        -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
        -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
        -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Comment

Myles
          The 2nd pivot is behind the left side counterweight....unless my eyes deceive me?
          Primary 2 channel stuff: Atma-Sphere MP-1 Mk 3.3, Pass Labs X600.5 amps, Aerial SW 12 subs, True Sound Works Ultimate Apogee Divas, Dunlavy SC4s, VPI HRX Reference w Avenger mag drive and Reference footers, Gimbal Fatboy, Yamaha GT2000 for Mono, Miyajima Kansui, Miyajima ZERO, Fidelity Research MC-201 & 202, VPI ADS, Vendetta Research SCP-1, Audio Note UK- 3.1X II balanced DAC, Meridian Sooloos, Western Electric Speaker wire, mostly diy balanced interconnects, Furutech Power Cords

Comment

• MylesBAstor
            MylesBAstor commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks like you are right. Maybe I saw it installed in front at the factory.
        Working...
        X