X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turntables (and more) at High End Munich 2019

Linn Kilmax LP12 | Linn Uphorik | Innous ZENMini | Kii Three

Originally posted by Rob View Post
    I know this new pictured deck is gonna cost a Million Bazillian $$$$$$$ dollars but it is the most amazingly cool thing I've seen in a very long time...So cool! Looks like our hobby is gonna only be for Billionaires before it's all over.....New equipment purchases seem to be slipping far away from any reality I know....Wonder if I could rationalize a set of those amazing Alsyvox speakers they had at Munich.....Oh my...
    Primary 2 channel stuff: Atma-Sphere MP-1 Mk 3.3, Pass Labs X600.5 amps, Aerial SW 12 subs, True Sound Works Ultimate Apogee Divas, Dunlavy SC4s, VPI HRX Reference w Avenger mag drive and Reference footers, Gimbal Fatboy, Yamaha GT2000 for Mono, Miyajima Kansui, Miyajima ZERO, Fidelity Research MC-201 & 202, VPI ADS, Vendetta Research SCP-1, Audio Note UK- 3.1X II balanced DAC, Meridian Sooloos, Western Electric Speaker wire, mostly diy balanced interconnects, Furutech Power Cords

Comment

wow...someone noticed the fun starts at the 1:05 mark. I spoke with Brian Ackerman about this deck before Munich, Brian imports Wilson Benesch speakers. WB are truly a technology co. with a lot of smart guys on their team and partner firms in aerospace and F1 engineering. The platter's drive system, the tech involved with the arm and the VTA adjuster in particular--are second to none.

"the GMTONE System enables you to remotely adjust the VTA from your listening position to within 2.5 microns - a degree accuracy within VTA adjustment that has before now been unthinkable. The Piezo VTA remote control adjustment system, like all sub-systems in the design, is a result of collaborative contributions"

"The [GMT One] turntable is isolated from external vibration by a microprocessor controlled pneumatic system the company calls an Alpha Isolation System that it says was developed in collaboration with a leading optical measurement system isolation company. ‘Fully autonomous, and operating with microscopic precision within millisecond time-frames, it provides isolation to 1.7Hz"

"Called an ‘Omega Drive’, Wilson Benesch says its new ‘Omega Drive’ is the most accurate drive system ever developed for a turntable. ‘The Omega Drive does not rely upon a belt, it does not rely upon an idler drive, nor a direct drive system,’ said Craig Milnes, Design Director at WB. ‘The GMT One system deploys a recently patented magnetic gear technology which shifts the paradigm by redefining a completely new mode of drive. For generations, the historical methods of providing ‘accurate drive’ have stood unchallenged. The Omega Drive attains unprecedented levels of accuracy and virtually zero noise thanks to the axially orientated binary bearing design at its heart."

Comment

• Joe Pittman
        Joe Pittman commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, cool video and the GMT One looks very interesting. I look forward to detailed reviews in the future if any make it to the field. Can anybody guess what the price will be?

• jonathanb
        jonathanb commented
        Editing a comment
        If you gotta ask, I can't afford it.

• Letsmakeadeal
        Letsmakeadeal commented
        Editing a comment
        I bet it's in the 100 -150K range. Amazing engineering!

I've been hankerin' for a remote control VTA for eons. It'd be real nice to have one as an accessory collar to fit other arms. Now, that would be nice, eh?

Comment

I don't have to go to Munich, I can just wait for Mikey's vlog and get a dose of comedic relief in the process

Comment

Working...
        X