New(Old) Thorens TD 124

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New(Old) Thorens TD 124

Somehow this happened..! I was in the process of try to get a TD 125mk2 restored when my friend had this table come back. I managed to get this for a few hundred more than a really
    thorough
    restoration of the 125 would have cost ie new plinth and
    tonearm
    . I've been absolutely blow away with this table! What an upgrade from a Pro-
    Ject
    Debut Carbon. The only thing I've noticed is there's weird resonance on certain 180 gram records like the new
    ECM
    issues. I'm chalking this up to the
    Ortofon
    headshell
    not being a great match for the 3009. I'm planning on putting a new cartridge on as soon as possible and any suggestions for a sub 500-600 dollars cart that would be a good match with the 3009 and a
    Lehmann
    Blackcube
    would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Attached Files

You could try a 2M Blue stylus on that 2M Red. An easy upgrade for less than $200. Save some money until you can make a really meaningful upgrade.
    Main System: VPI Prime, Ortofon A95, Bob's Devices VPI SUT, Bottlehead Eros Phono-pre, Phoenix Eagle and Roadrunner Tach, Vinyl Nirvana TD160 Super, Ortofon 2M Mono, Cambridge Azur Universal Disc Player, Blusound Vault 2i, Apple Airport Express, Mytek Liberty DAC, PrimaLuna Prologue PreAmp and Monoblocks, Martin Logan Summit X's. Bottlehead Crack w. Speedball Headphone Amp, Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones, PS Audio PP12.

Comment

Working...
    X