"New" Table Arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "New" Table Arrived

Click image for larger version  Name:	sx arrives.JPG Views:	121 Size:	2.50 MB ID:	133386 So last Tuesday the table I had purchased showed up on a pallet via freight delivery to my house. Here is a picture I took after the freight driver used a pallet jack to move the pallet from the truck into my garage:

After carefully unpacking each of the boxes, I carried all of the parts upstairs into my room. This was no small task given the weight. Here is a picture of the beginning of the setup:

Click image for larger version  Name:	beginning of setup.JPG Views:	125 Size:	1.74 MB ID:	133387
    So what you see above is the plinth, the motor/speed controller, and the flywheel. David Karmeli suggested that I not hook up the flywheel initially so I could get a baseline on how this table sounds. I also need to thank David for putting me in touch with the seller.

Below are some pictures of the table playing some LPs sans the flywheel:

Click image for larger version  Name:	sx playing.JPG Views:	133 Size:	1.65 MB ID:	133388
    Click image for larger version  Name:	close up of table playing.JPG Views:	132 Size:	1.61 MB ID:	133389

So what we have here is the mighty Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table. It came with what is known as the SME 12" "heavy armboard." If you look at the closeup of the table spinning, you can see how thick this armboard is. I have my SME 3012R arm with my Lyra Etna SL mounted to the 3012R. I feel very lucky to have acquired the SX-8000, especially in the condition that mine is in.

In the short time I have had this table, it has left an indelible impression. Just when you think you know what is encoded in the grooves of LPs you have been spinning for years, you find out it just isn't so. The SX-8000 is in another league compared to all of the tables I have owned in my life. Again, I feel fortunate to have had the opportunity to purchase this table.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 table with flywheel, SME 3012R arm, SME 312S arm, Lyra Etna SL and Dynavector XV-1S cartridges, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, Roon Nucleus Plus server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, JBL 4345 speakers, and Def Tech Ref subs.

That is simply awesome. Big Congratulations Mark. I am so jealous. Enjoy this during your self imposed hibernation.
    SME 30/12A, SME V-12, SME 3012R, vdH Master Signature, MySonicLab Signature Gold, Air Tight Supreme, Pass Labs XA160.5, XP-22, XP-27, Magico Q3

Comment

Originally posted by PeterA View Post
      That is simply awesome. Big Congratulations Mark. I am so jealous. Enjoy this during your self imposed hibernation.
      Thanks Peter! I have to force myself to go to bed at night.
      Micro Seiki SX-8000 table with flywheel, SME 3012R arm, SME 312S arm, Lyra Etna SL and Dynavector XV-1S cartridges, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, Roon Nucleus Plus server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, JBL 4345 speakers, and Def Tech Ref subs.

Comment

Congratulations MEP. I'm good friends with the original owner and have been admiring that table for many years. You'll find that the fly wheel takes the the table to the next level.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey_t View Post
          Congratulations MEP. I'm good friends with the original owner and have been admiring that table for many years. You'll find that the fly wheel takes the the table to the next level.
          Thanks Jeffrey! I’m just fortunate that the deal came together and the table is safe in my listening room now.

Comment

I would be remiss if I didn’t thank DDK for his help in the initial setup. We talked on the phone and FaceTimed so David could provide setup assistance. David’s help made the setup go quickly. I had the table playing music the same day it arrived. When I first looked at the pallet full of boxes, I wasn’t sure that would be the outcome.

Comment

Mark, congrats on a very nice acquisition. The last 'table you'll ever want or need? enjoy it in good health.
              Linn Kilmax LP12 | Channel D | Valvet | Muse Elec.| Innuos | Klipsch

A great challenge of life: Knowing enough to think you are right, but not knowing enough to know when when you are wrong - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                Mark, congrats on a very nice acquisition. The last 'table you'll ever want or need? enjoy it in good health.
                Thanks Rob. This is the last table I will ever need. Try and better the performance of the SX-8000 and let me know what that costs. Seriously.

Comment

Congratulations,

A dream table for me too. Where do you guys lay your hands on this stuff?

Use it in good health.. well done.

Front end: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 Power Supplies and Volume controls
                  Brinkmann La Grange & RonT Tube Power supply with Kuzma 4-point ,FR64S, Brinkmann 12.1 , .Koetsu Jade Platinum,Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum, Lyra Atlas, Lyra Etna SL Goldfinger Statement, KLAUDIO RCM, HRSM3X
                  Amps: Wyetech Topaz, Futterman H3 Quad II,Citation II, Marantz 8b, 5 ,2
                  Pre-Amps:Marantz 7, Marantz Model 1 Consolette Pair
                  Speakers: Quad ESL 57, Beveridge Model 3 DD amps, REL S/2 x 2
                  Otari 5050BXII, DeHavilland 222

Comment

Huge congratulations Mark! Looks great! And, enjoy the musical performance of your new front end.

Comment

Originally posted by kcin View Post
                      Congratulations,

A dream table for me too. Where do you guys lay your hands on this stuff?

Use it in good health.. well done.
                      Thanks Nick. DDK put me on this deal. He knew the seller and put us together.

Comment

Originally posted by Ritmo View Post
                        Huge congratulations Mark! Looks great! And, enjoy the musical performance of your new front end.
                        Thanks Mike!

Comment

Very nice! Congratulations to you!
                          Speakers: Horning Eufrodite Ellipse III on Stillpoints Ultra 5S feet
                          Speakers: REL Acoustics G1 Mark II Subs (pair)
                          Amplifier: New Audio Frontiers Ultimate 211 Special Edition Monoblocks
                          Preamp: TW Acustic RPA-100 Line Stage
                          Phono Stage: TW Acustic RPS-100
                          Turntable - TW Acustic Raven AC w/ Black Knight Anniversary Upgrades
                          Tonearm: Kuzma 4-Point 14" with Air Tight Opus-1 Cartridge
                          Tonearm: TW 10.5" with Miyajima Zero Mono
                          Vinyl Care: Furutech DF-2 LP Flattener -
                          Audio Desk Pro Ultrasonic & VPI 16.5 RCM
                          CD/SACD: Playback Designs MP-5 to Bricasti M1 DAC
                          Tape: Tascam 42B-NB (Refurb by Soren Wittrup)
                          Tape Stage: Doshi V.3
                          Power Conditioner: (2) Silver Circle Audio TCHAIK 6
                          Wire: Custom Furutech PC's + Audience Front Row IC's & Speaker Cables
                          Tweaks: Stillpoints Aperture II Panels & Stillpoints Ultra 5S's & SS's sprinkled about - DS Audio ION-001 Vinyl Ionizer - SRA Ohio Class and Symposium Super Plus Platforms

Comment

Originally posted by timztunz View Post
                            Very nice! Congratulations to you!
                            Thanks Tim!

Comment

So I know impressions are early But could you describe how the sound is different from your technics SP 10 and the VPI? I love that massive arm board. I have also always liked the look of that specific SRA rack. I find it very clean and elegant.

Also, which cartridge is that on the SME arm?
                              SME 30/12A, SME V-12, SME 3012R, vdH Master Signature, MySonicLab Signature Gold, Air Tight Supreme, Pass Labs XA160.5, XP-22, XP-27, Magico Q3

Comment

Working...
                              X