A Reboot: Show Us Your Turntable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Reboot: Show Us Your Turntable

A reboot. For some unexplained reason -- and I've now placed a call to Fox Mulder -- the original thread has vanished into the ether.

So once again, here are some pictures of my VPI Classic Direct.

Could everyone else once again post pictures of their loved ones?

Click image for larger version

Name:	table 2.JPG
Views:	416
Size:	2.52 MB
ID:	2431

Name:	ortofon.JPG
Views:	324
Size:	2.17 MB
ID:	2432

Name:	arm.JPG
Views:	349
Size:	2.41 MB
ID:	2433

Name:	table 1.JPG
Views:	379
Size:	2.40 MB
ID:	2430
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
    -Goldmund Telos 280 stereo amp
    -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

VPI Scout 1.1 with an Ortofon 2M Black cartridge.
    DALI Epicon 2 speakers; SVS SB13 Ultra sub; McIntosh MA9000 integrated amp; Esoteric K-03 SACD player; Oppo 205 Blu-ray player; Sennheiser HD800S headphones VPI Prime Signature turntable/Ortofon Ortofon Cadenza Bronze cartridge;

Comment

Originally posted by TubeMan View Post
      VPI Scout 1.1 with an Ortofon 2M Black cartridge.

Gotta get me one of those covers once I get my new table.

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage
      -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
      -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
      -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
      -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

Myles let me know when you are ready for the cover, I have the hook up for them..

Comment

Ok guys here are some pics of my Redpoint Model D TT with Soundsmith's (Sotto Voce) cartridge. The first pic is the base and bearing 65 LBS. The second pic is the platter 35 LBS.
          Third pic is the motor pod 12 LBS. The fourth pic is the arm pod and Triplanar arm 14 LBS. Those cavities are 2.5" deep and filled with # 7.5 lead shot and silicone oil, the base and platter have the same oil weight. The motor pod uses a different weight oil, as does the arm pod.. All of this is machined from a solid piece of 6061 T651 aircraft aluminum. Topping off the platter is a 2" thick piece of black teflon that has a place machined into the platter, then held down with 60 2.25" screws. The second arm is a Micro Seiki MA 505 for vintage stuff. Almost forgot the record weight is 3.5 LBS. The rack is made by Audioav and employs five carbon shelves below and one carbon shelf on top with a solid piece of granite, with some type of EMI material nestled in between the two for more dampening... This a truly a marvel of engineering in my opinion...

Last edited by jcmusic; 02-13-2016, 05:02 PM.

Comment

What is the second arm on the table JC?

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

Micro Seiki MA 505 is what the man said.
              Micro Seiki SX-8000 table with flywheel, SME 3012R arm, SME 312S arm, Lyra Etna SL and Dynavector XV-1S cartridges, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, Roon Nucleus Plus server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, JBL 4345 speakers, and Def Tech Ref subs.

Comment

Originally posted by jcmusic View Post
                Ok guys here are some pics of my Redpoint Model D TT with Soundsmith's (Sotto Voce) cartridge. The first pic is the base and bearing 65 LBS. The second pic is the platter 35 LBS.
                Third pic is the motor pod 12 LBS. The fourth pic is the arm pod and Triplanar arm 14 LBS. Those cavities are 2.5" deep and filled with # 7.5 lead shot and silicone oil, the base and platter have the same oil weight. The motor pod uses a different weight oil, as does the arm pod.. All of this is machined from a solid piece of 6061 T651 aircraft aluminum. Topping off the platter is a 2" thick piece of black teflon that has a place machined into the platter, then held down with 60 2.25" screws. The second arm is a Micro Seiki MA 505 for vintage stuff. Almost forgot the record weight is 3.5 LBS. The rack is made by Audioav and employs five carbon shelves below and one carbon shelf on top with a solid piece of granite, with some type of EMI material nestled in between the two for more dampening... This a truly a marvel of engineering in my opinion...
                I've heard of the Redpoint now i've viewed its guts - looks impressive. I love seeing massive bearing journals and specially damped slabs of machined alu...its looks well engineered. Does it use an AC synchronous motor and any unique speed control/PSU?
                Simon Yorke S10 | My Sonic Lab Eminent GL | AcousticPlan PhonoMaster | Wadia X32 | Innuous ZEN Mini Mk II | Valvet Soulshine2 | LTA ZOTL10 MkII | Avantgarde Uno Fino XD

"One of the great challenges of this world: Knowing enough about a subject to think you are right, but not enough about the subject to know you're wrong" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Comment

Marty

Comment

• JackD201
                    JackD201 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Son of Sound Burger!

Originally posted by mep View Post
                  Micro Seiki MA 505 is what the man said.

Ah...thanks.

Nice arm. PASS Labs had that arm mounted on their one of a kind Technics SP10 rebuild at CES three years ago. Great sound. And if anyone can build a power supply for a turntable, it's PASS.

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post

I've heard of the Redpoint now i've viewed its guts - looks impressive. I love seeing massive bearing journals and specially damped slabs of machined alu...its looks well engineered. Does it use an AC synchronous motor and any unique speed control/PSU?
                    No, it use a DC motor and controller with it's own power supply.

Comment

Here's my new Monaco 1.5 first with a Tri-Planar and again with a Kuzma 4Point:

Name:	gpa_monaco_15_1.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	4014

Name:	gpa_monaco_Kuzma_4Point_1.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	4015

My Teres 320:

Name:	UNI-P2S2_s.png
Views:	279
Size:	563.1 KB
ID:	4016

Comment

• Viva Hifi Scott
                        Viva Hifi Scott commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I've never heard one of these but it sure is beautiful to look at!

Originally posted by tima View Post
                      Here's my new Monaco 1.5 first with a Tri-Planar and again with a Kuzma 4Point:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n4014[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n4015[/ATTACH]

My Teres 320:
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]n4016[/ATTACH]

Hopefully my friend Sanji who also has the GP will join soon too!

What cartridge you have mounted?

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post

Hopefully my friend Sanji who also has the GP will join soon too!

What cartridge you have mounted?
                        The picture shows a Transfiguration Phoenix.
                        If it was a few days go I would have said an Etna.
                        Right now its a DL-103R with only 20hrs on it, but so far it seems tailor-made for the 4Point.
                        Planning to get a Allnic Puritas which spec-wise should be another excellent match.

I've read Sanji elsewhere. Haven't seen him around lately.
                        Someday I'd like to compare notes with you on the CD vs the Monaco; that was my other choice.

Comment

Originally posted by tima View Post

The picture shows a Transfiguration Phoenix.
                          If it was a few days go I would have said an Etna.
                          Right now its a DL-103R with only 20hrs on it, but so far it seems tailor-made for the 4Point.
                          Planning to get a Allnic Puritas which spec-wise should be another excellent match.

I've read Sanji elsewhere. Haven't seen him around lately.
                          Someday I'd like to compare notes with you on the CD vs the Monaco; that was my other choice.

The Denon is underrated and a great backup cartridge too. Or a cartridge to have around when you want to have music but don't want to burn hours off your reference cartridge.

Sure, love to compare notes; one day might be able to do more. Alvin and I have been talking. But I think it might be interesting to start a direct-drive table thread.

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

Working...
                          X