X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jcmusic View Post

Yes it is why do you ask?
    I ordered an Audiav rack for a customer a few years ago, the rack was $7500
    He took my $7500 and went out of business.

This was not an accident or some innocent mistake type issue.

He knew what he was doing and intentionally stole my money as he closed the doors on Audiav.
    Jared is a thief.

Comment

• Rob
      Rob commented
      Editing a comment
      big ouch. lotsa sociopaths about. I've had similar issues in my business, offeror goes BK after he takes my client's money which also means I get dicked out of my fee and end up working for free.

• Originally posted by Greg Beron View Post

I ordered an Audiav rack for a customer a few years ago, the rack was $7500
    He took my $7500 and went out of business.

This was not an accident or some innocent mistake type issue.

He knew what he was doing and intentionally stole my money as he closed the doors on Audiav.
    Jared is a thief.
    Well that sucks!!! did you know that he opened another business under a different name? I can't remember at the moment the name of his new business. I only spoke to him on the phone once about replacement shelves for the rack. I had no idea he was a thief!!! Sorry to hear your story..

Comment

• I have a VPI Scoutmaster...but if I'm really being honest with myself, my favorite turntable is my Denon DP-59L

Last edited by Skylab; 07-23-2017, 07:30 PM.
      TAPE: Studer A807, A810; Revox B77 MkII; Tascam BR-20, 3030; Technics RS-1700; Pioneer RT-707, RT-909
      VINYL: VPI ScoutMaster/Benz LP-S MR/EAR 834P; Denon DP59-L/Dynavector 20xH
      SPEAKERS: B&W Nautilus 800, Pioneer DSS-9
      AMPS: Cary SLP-05/Sunfire Signature 600, Pioneer SX-1980

Comment

• Audioraven
        Audioraven commented
        Editing a comment
        Sweet Denon, Skylab!

• Skylab
        Skylab commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Audioraven!

• Metamatic
        Metamatic commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful table. does not surprise me you prefer the sound of the vintage DD.

• Yes I did find that he attempted to open another business making racks and he had someone besides him answering the phone.
      I actually talked with the guy and he was clueless about any rip-offs, or that was his story anyway.

When I could get him to answer his phone Jered told me I could sue him but he didn't have anything and he was living under an overpass or some such thing as his wife had kicked him out. Said there were worse guys than me after him and they didn't play.

Don't know what his deal was, drugs, gambling, or just a thieving schmuck....

I lost $7500 on that deal, would have rather thrown a huge gourmet party for everyone at an audio show with that money rather than have a thief steal it!

Originally posted by jcmusic View Post

Well that sucks!!! did you know that he opened another business under a different name? I can't remember at the moment the name of his new business. I only spoke to him on the phone once about replacement shelves for the rack. I had no idea he was a thief!!! Sorry to hear your story..

Comment

• I finally got the EMT arm mounted. Needs a little more tweaking.
        Attached Files

Comment

• pcosta
          pcosta commented
          Editing a comment
          Still room for one more Myles.

• MylesBAstor
          MylesBAstor commented
          Editing a comment
          ❤️ So I have a question. My VPI can do three arms but it's next to impossible to setup the cartridge in the back arm. How do you do it? Do you have accessability to the arm from the back?

• pcosta
          pcosta commented
          Editing a comment
          I have little magical elves that do the setup for me. In all seriousness it is a pain in the ass. The back TW arm and the SME arm are no problem. The EMT is only setup by pivot to spindle with the SPU, but it needs tweaking as I know I can get it better, so it will be a challenge in my space. I will move my rack in the future and I will allow myself more room so I can see from all sides.

• System 1- Wilson Alexia, ARC GS150, Ref 6, Ref 3, Esoteric K-01x, Avid Acutus Ref with SME V and Lyra Atlas, Otari with flux magnetic so heads modded for direct output, Bottlehead Tube Repro, Teac X-2000M, Kimber Selects.
        System 2 - Magnepan 3.7, Magnepan MMG (rear), Pass X-250.5, Marantz (rear), Conrad Johnson ET-5, Sim Audio Phono, VPI Classic 4 with 12" 3D arm and Lyra Titan i, OPPO 105, Sony SCD-5400ES, Revox B-77, Revox A-77, Kimber Selects.

Comment

• MylesBAstor
          MylesBAstor commented
          Editing a comment
          Some interesting combos there!

• tima
          tima commented
          Editing a comment
          Very nice systems. Congrats!

• I have upgraded from my VPI Scout 1.1 to a VPI Prime Signature with an Ortofon Cadenza Bronze cartridge. The magnitude of improvement is staggering!
        Last edited by TubeMan; 11-15-2017, 03:45 PM.
        DALI Epicon 2 speakers; SVS SB13 Ultra sub; PrimaLuna Premium Dialogue HP integrated amp; Esoteric K-03 SACD player; Oppo 105 Blu-ray player; Audeze LCD-XC headphones; VPI Prime Signature turntable/Ortofon Ortofon Cadenza Bronze cartridge

Comment

• tima
          tima commented
          Editing a comment
          Isn't nice that VPI lets you build up.

• It's not a matter of "letting" me upgrade--I just did! They don't have a plan as such.
        DALI Epicon 2 speakers; SVS SB13 Ultra sub; PrimaLuna Premium Dialogue HP integrated amp; Esoteric K-03 SACD player; Oppo 105 Blu-ray player; Audeze LCD-XC headphones; VPI Prime Signature turntable/Ortofon Ortofon Cadenza Bronze cartridge

Comment

• tima
          tima commented
          Editing a comment
          I meant isn't it nice that there are compatible parts and options available from VPI that you can choose to add to your current deck that improve its performance. After you buy in at a certain level you can choose what you want to add according to your interest, or not. My comment was a compliment for VPI's support for their products in this way, rather than the only way to upgrade being to replace with a new model.

• Originally posted by pcosta View Post
        I finally got the EMT arm mounted. Needs a little more tweaking.
        Just curious - what TT mat is that? Do you like it better than the TW Acustic mat - why?

Comment

• pcosta
          pcosta commented
          Editing a comment
          I am currently using a 47 Labs black pig skin mat. Very thin. The only other mat I have used is the original Millennium mat that TW used to supply years ago. David Karmeli recommended a mat similar to what I have. I need to try the TW mat.

• This was a great acquisition. More expensive than I planned as I now need a new phono stage to go with it.

Comment

• tima
          tima commented
          Editing a comment
          Is that a TW Acustic 'table with a Tri-Planar arm? Did you have the arm before getting the 'table?
          What's your price range for the phono-stage?

• Barry
          Barry commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, Tim, the Triplanar arm was an original IV, upgraded by Tri Mai to a VII, so I've had it a long time. I just got the table, a TW Acustic Raven Anniversary, with BN copper platter, feet, and a 3 motor pod unit and includes the Zanden TT mat TW's using now. I skipped the battery power option.

I'm considering the ARC Ref 10 phono but might do the 3. I modified the heck out of an old Pass Labs Xono I've had for years. It's time for something else since the circuit boards are "crying uncle" and there's only 2 RIAA caps left that I can fool with to improve it.

• tima
          tima commented
          Editing a comment
          Very nice setup. I love the Tri-Planar it does it all and its settings stay put.

I had an Xono a while back, my last solid state component, iirc. Both 3 and 10 are fine units. Suggest waiting 'til January; sometimes ARC introduces in December.

• I should clarify: I bought a Prime Signature--I didn't upgrade the parts! I then traded my old Scout toward the Cadenza Bronze cartridge. (I clarifed my original post.)

Comment

Working...
        X