Shinola • Runwell Turntable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shinola • Runwell Turntable

". . . a well-designed, massively built, great-sounding, striking-looking plug-'n'-play ‘table"

Guy Lemcoe offers his review of the Shinola Runwell Turntable at The Audio Beat

Interesting to read of VPI's involvement as it looks like a Clearaudio.
    Dynavector DV20x2L MC cartridge - Genesis G7.1f speakers - Marantz Reference PM-KI-Pearl Int. Amp. - Oracle Audio Paris MkV turntable - Various Morrow & Valab/King cables

Comment

• MylesBAstor
      MylesBAstor commented
      Editing a comment
      It's actually based to a large extent on the now discontinued Classic turntable.

• Johnny Vinyl
      Johnny Vinyl commented
      Editing a comment
      I always liked the look of that VPI Classic table.

• tom_hankins
      tom_hankins commented
      Editing a comment
      To me it looks like a cross between the Classic, with the phonostage and arm like the "Player" table

I can see the appeal of a higher end "lifestyle" plug and play turntable, but I think that not being able to bypass the built in phono preamp thus preventing use of many MI and MC cartridges might limit its appeal to those seeking future flexibility.

That said I think it is a very good marketing decision to reach a market segment that might not otherwise seek out a better than plastic table.

Comment

Originally posted by Rust View Post
      I can see the appeal of a higher end "lifestyle" plug and play turntable, but I think that not being able to bypass the built in phono preamp thus preventing use of many MI and MC cartridges might limit its appeal to those seeking future flexibility.

That said I think it is a very good marketing decision to reach a market segment that might not otherwise seek out a better than plastic table.
      You would be shocked how many people who want to get into analog-including even some well known musicians-don't want to hassle with outboard phonostages. Plus I doubt people buying the Shinola are interested in another cartridge.

Techically the phonostage could be bypassed. All you would need to do is buy a junction box, attach it to the back of table and then run a phono cable out to an outboard phonostage.
      Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
      Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
      -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
      -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
      -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
      -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
      -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
      -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
      -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
      -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
      -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

Comment

• Rust
        Rust commented
        Editing a comment
        Or they could have out in a bypass switch too which wouldn't require a customer to do anything, just sayin'.
    Working...
    X