No announcement yet.

The best wire for speaker cables is on sale $35 versus $88, per linear foot,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best wire for speaker cables is on sale $35 versus $88, per linear foot,

It's a four nines silver ribbon cable with two natural silk dielectrics.
    An 8 foot set would run $1,120 plus terminators of your choice.
    I would go with pure silver terminators, for tubed gear, for vintage equipment the bare wire works great.

who, what, where?? I think you're missing hyperlinks or URLs.
    TechDAS | Graham Eng | ZYX | Boulder | Magico

"Listening to Analogue music is an act of rebellion in a digital gulag" - Simon Yorke

Comment

• Dr.Ears
      Dr.Ears commented
      Editing a comment
      No comparison with copper.
      In addition Rhodium is nowhere near the conductor silver is look out they are starting to substitute it for silver.
      Plain copper performs better than gold plated copper IMO.

• Barry
      Barry commented
      Editing a comment
      I tried the Duelund copper DCA 16GA for fun just a month ago at < $150 for a set - not bad. Ugh, gold plated copper wouldn't be my favorite combination. Don't like it on connectors either.

I'm always intrigued by your suggestions here. Too expensive for an experiment for now as haven't had much luck with silver. Tried the AZ Absolute Silver ICs and also rewired my Magnepans with Neotech silver wiring, both after burning in with an AD cable cooker. Neither was my cup of tea.

• mep
      mep commented
      Editing a comment
      Who declared the wire you are promoting as “the best wire for speakers”?

It's strictly my opinion and the fact that Chris once told me that he sells thousands of feet per month.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Ears View Post
      It's strictly my opinion and the fact that Chris once told me that he sells thousands of feet per month.
      Thanks for clarifying that your declarative thread title was really your opinion.
      Micro Seiki SX-8000 table with flywheel, SME 3012R arm, SME 312S arm, Lyra Etna SL and Dynavector XV-1S cartridges, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, Roon Nucleus Plus server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, JBL 4345 speakers, and Def Tech Ref subs.

Comment

Working...
      X