Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• russe41
    replied
    More wisely means in case your not sure the way I prefer to spend instead of nervosa. imho

Leave a comment:

• Nscohen17
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for jumping in Steve. I was going to let it go for fear of looking like I was trying to start something. The ‘more wisely’ is just a knee-jerk response to his having been pantsed in the previous post. Imho.

• Steve Lefkowicz
    commented on 's reply
    I know I shouldn't, but the urge is too strong...

How does one determine "more wisely?"

This question comes from someone who switches between wiring his entire system with either less than $1000 of Morrow Audio or about $2000 of Vermouth Audio cables, depending on what gear I've got hooked up at any given point in time.

• russe41
    replied
    No, just spend more wisely

Leave a comment:

• Nscohen17
    commented on 's reply
    Only that AJ van den Hul has been saying that for 30+ years...

• Nscohen17
    commented on 's reply
    I suppose you’re using lamp cord to hook your von schweikerts to your Mac amps? Either way, I think you’ve found the wrong forum for hating on cables, Bubbalah.

• russe41
    replied
    The saying pertaining to a fool and his money always comes to mind when cable talk comes up.

Leave a comment:

• Nscohen17
    commented on 's reply
    There are several patents listed on my MIT interconnects, but that one, which says it applies to musical instrument cables (an entirely different animal) is not one of them.

In either event, I don’t care how they work. The fact is that I like my system better when they are in the chain. No other criterion is of any relevance.

• Rob
    commented on 's reply
    Did you read the abstract carefully? it states: "comprises at least one series RC or RLC circuit coupled between the positive and ground conductor of a cable."

• Nscohen17
    commented on 's reply
    I recall the polyphasors, although I never tried using them. For as long as I can remember, however, the MIT networks are wired in parallel to the signal, NOT in series.

• Alrainbow
    replied
    Before I got my new amps i did some mods to an old Aragon 04 amp mkii. It really blew up the 08 big time
    in using it i played with a bunch of Speaker Cables I own
    various gauges and metals.
    What I ended up using was a home made Heavy gauge lamp cord.
    12 gauge copper silver plated but more likely its tin not silver.
    The configuration I used was tested and variations were also tried.
    The eng degree side makes me nuts that this stuff matters
    as if I measure L or C it's tiny but yet the sound is profound in using them and making variation with them.
    So if a user says this is great I don't doubt it. Now cable Break in is beyond my beliefs except it too happens
    but my saving grace for it is this.
    The strands settle as voltage potential is applied as we play music. This may make tiny variants through out the length of wires. Now I can say moving them makes this change again for me. But leaving alone makes it sound good over time.
    So for you cooker people any thoughts on this last part

Leave a comment:

• Nscohen17
    replied
    Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post
    A noted and longtime electronics designer once said to me, "I'm against everything that boxes on cables stand for. But I'll be damned if they don't work."
    This statement expresses my feelings on the matter quite precisely. Every fiber of my being abhors the very idea of boxes on cables, yet none of the non-networked cables I’ve tried give me the huge soundstage, flat treble response and fully fleshed out images that I get with even mid-priced MIT from ~10 years ago. I’ve tried many times to “upgrade” to cables with no networks (primarily Cardas and AQ), but, while those are fine products, for me, in my system, it’s not even a contest; MIT is the clear winner and, as Myles mentioned, the phono cable in particular (in my case the S1 phono) was a real eye (ear?) opener.
    Last edited by Nscohen17; 09-17-2019, 02:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MylesBAstor
    commented on 's reply
    They did in Chicago with the D'Ag amp/Wilson combo. As well as Sashas, Sabrinas and Alexias.

• Bruce B
    commented on 's reply
    I spoke with Brad O. about it when he was there. Didn't give me much information though. Can't remember if Nick/Larry used the TA cables with the Alexx though.

• MylesBAstor
    commented on 's reply
    Maybe something with the PASS amps? Gang at TA in Maine use Wilson and certainly sounded good in Chicago couple weeks ago. cj uses TA with their amps and Wilson. Wasn't Nick using TA in his system when you dropped by recently? Did you ever mention it to Josh?
Working...
X