In-Akustik cables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-Akustik cables

Anyone use these? I am interested in speaker and power cables. Robert Neill, the importer for North America is one hell of a salesman. I have bought other products from Neill that turned out to be very positive in my system. He is pushing these cables, and I need speaker cables and one power cable. I can not find any decent forums talking about them, or any real reviews. Thanks for any insights.
    www.in-akustik.de/en
    Last edited by Kingrex; 08-31-2017, 09:53 AM.
    PAP Trio 15 Horn speakers, Audion Black Shadow monoblocks, First Sound Audio Mark 3SI Paramount preamp,
    Mojo Audio Deja Vu server, Mojo Audio Mystique V3 DAC, STST Motus II TT, Vertere SG1 arm, Hanna ML, Allnic H1201 Phono pre, The Linear Solution Ethernet Switch, LPS to Modem Router and Switch, Blue Jeans Ethernet cabling throughout network, Akiko Corelli, Custom power strip direct wired to panel with OFC copper wire.10 awg dedicated branch circuits to amps bolted to power cords. Significant upgrades to 120 volt main power panel. Inakustik Ref Air 2404 Speaker cable. Genesis and Inakustik NF2404 Air Interconnects. ADDPower Symphony and Electraclear. Founding Member Adio-Ultra.

I'll be interested in what you think if you try them. Sexy website and good LOOKING products.

Edit: I did however just order one of their audiophile blues LP's!
    Speakers: Horning Eufrodite Ellipse III on Stillpoints Ultra 5S feet
    Speakers: REL Acoustics G1 Mark II Subs (pair)
    Tube Amplifier: New Audio Frontiers Ultimate 211 Special Edition Monoblocks
    SS Amplifier: Plinius SA-Reference
    Preamp: TW Acustic RPA-100 Line Stage
    Phono Stage: TW Acustic RPS-100
    Turntable - TW Acustic Raven AC w/ Black Knight Anniversary Upgrades
    Tonearm: Kuzma 4-Point 14" with Air Tight Opus-1 Cartridge (w/ EM/IA 1:20 Silver Wire SUT)
    Tonearm: TW 10.5" with Miyajima Zero Mono
    Vinyl Care: Furutech DF-2 LP Flattener - Degritter Ultrasonic & VPI Cyclone RCM
    Tape: Tascam 42B-NB (Refurb by Soren Wittrup)
    Tape Stage: Doshi V.3 Tape Stage
    CD/SACD: Playback Designs MP-5
    Streamer/Server: Aurender N20 to Bricasti M1 DAC, EtherREGEN, Farad Super3 PS w/ Level 2 DC Cable, Sablon Audio Ethernet Cable
    Power Conditioner: (2) Silver Circle Audio TCHAIK 6
    Wire: Custom Furutech PC's + Audience Front Row IC's & Speaker Cables
    Tweaks: Stillpoints Aperture II Panels & Stillpoints Ultra 5S's & SS's sprinkled about - DS Audio ION-001 Vinyl Ionizer - SRA Scuttle III Rack, SRA Ohio Class and Symposium Super Plus Platforms

Comment

• Kingrex
      Kingrex commented
      Editing a comment
      A friend of mine just got invited to the Memphis Blues festival for the 3rd time. He's the drummer. I am now pushing the needle with some Stevie Ray V. I forgot what a master Stevie is. So on the spot with every note.

those marketing guys really butchered the spelling of acoustic didn't they?
    Magnepan 1.6 QR Loudspeakers, Amherst A-2000 MOSFET 150 WPC Amp, Conrad Johnson PV-10A Modded Tube Line & Phono Stage, Electrocompaniet MC II Class A Head Amp, Audio Technica AT-OC9XML Cart (Stereo) , Graham Engineering 2.2 Tonearm (Stereo) , VPI Aries-1 Turntable (Stereo) , VPI Clamp, Denon DL-102 Cart, (Mono) , Luxman Tonearm (Mono) , Kenwood KD-500 Turntable (Mpmp) , Michell Clamp, Marantz 20B Analog FM Tuner, Pioneer SACD, Onkyo DX-6800 CD Transport, DIY 24B/192K DAC, Sennheiser HD-300 Headphones, Headroom Max Balanced Headphone Amp, DIY Silver Interconnects

Comment

• dirmae
      dirmae commented
      Editing a comment
      maybe your German isn't that good?

I sent an email to them, but it looks like he's travelling so I haven't heard back yet. There's not much out there that I found either other than they are pretty good bang for the buck, at least on the lower end.
    Tannoy Glenair, April Sound SET 50 monoblocks and LR phono, EMIA silver remote attenuator and Strain Gauge, Mono TT - AE 208 TT, Abis 1.2BCS arm Miyajima Premium BE, Stereo TT - Fairchild 750 Schroder Custom BA, Miyajima Kansui, Mac Mini w/ Roon, Bel Canto RefLink, Dac 3.5VB, Wadia 860x.

Comment

They are very well known here in the german speaking part of the world. Try and get your hands on the Air Helix stuff. If you are looking below that, its going to be difficult as there there are plenty of other cables about...

Comment

• Kingrex
        Kingrex commented
        Editing a comment
        Billy, are you saying the Ref 1203 or 803 are good for the money, but there are a lot of other cables at equivalent pricing giving similar performance. Do you know anyone who has them that would comment on them? Thanks

• Billy Shears
        Billy Shears commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. From all the Reviews and comparisons I have read; They do what it says on the Tin. I am not going to comment on the sound as I have never had them in my system. If you can listen to some and like what you hear; go for it

I just installed the LS-4004 Air between my Burmester 911 mk3 amplifier and Kef Blade speakers. The cable sounds great, very transparent and neutral, like there is no cable. The loudspeaker disappear in the room, there is just music. I can highly recommend the LS-4004 Air, the best speaker cables I have heard.

Comment

Rhapsody sells the In-Akustik line of cables/power conditioner and we think all of their cables, are very reasonably priced, build quality second to none and sound VERY, VERY GOOD.
        RHAPSODY.AUDIO

http://www.rhapsody.audio

Pilium Audio, Magico, Alsyvox, Bayz Audio, Diesis Audio, Kondo, VYGER, VYDA Cables, Constellation, Taiko Audio - Extreme server, Aqua Acoustic Quality, Raidho, TechDAS, Critical Mass Systems, Aurender, TelluriumQ, CMS/Center Stage, Devialet, REL Acoustics, RD Acoustics

Comment

I have the LS2404 Air speaker cable and NF2404 air interconnect. We are talking $3k cables.

Compared to say a Level 1 Graditech $1,200 or Anticable, $350 the speaker cable was much nicer. The speaker cable was a no brainer in my system. High praise.

The interconnect compared to a $250 no name is better. It's subtle, but I hear a lot of people swear you can't hear an Interconnect. I'm confident you can. Compared to an $1,800 Genesis between the DAC and preamp, I love the Genesis. It just jumps out with music. Between the preamp and power amp the Inakustik is more full, quiet, engaging and well rounded. It's lush and full, yet also quiet. I guess it's pretty neutral and complete. I preferred the Inakustik there.

If I was in the market for a $3,000 interconnect I would definitely give the Inakustik a try. Be conscious of where you put the interconnect. You want to make sure it voices correct in the location you insert it. In the correct spot its a very nice cable. In the wrong spot, others may pique your taste better.

I would not sell my Inakustik interconnect as it's the best I have tried between the pre and amp. I have however only compared it to 4 other interconnect, all under $1,000 and 1 at approx $1,800. I have no desire to start bouncing between $3,000 cables to see what may work better in my system.

Good luck cable shopping. It's a tough pill to swallow when a speaker cable, interconnect and power cable together cost more than your amplifiers or preamp. It doesn't make sense. But it will bring out the best in your equipment. If you don't cable properly, you leave a lot of performance in the box.
          PAP Trio 15 Horn speakers, Audion Black Shadow monoblocks, First Sound Audio Mark 3SI Paramount preamp,
          Mojo Audio Deja Vu server, Mojo Audio Mystique V3 DAC, STST Motus II TT, Vertere SG1 arm, Hanna ML, Allnic H1201 Phono pre, The Linear Solution Ethernet Switch, LPS to Modem Router and Switch, Blue Jeans Ethernet cabling throughout network, Akiko Corelli, Custom power strip direct wired to panel with OFC copper wire.10 awg dedicated branch circuits to amps bolted to power cords. Significant upgrades to 120 volt main power panel. Inakustik Ref Air 2404 Speaker cable. Genesis and Inakustik NF2404 Air Interconnects. ADDPower Symphony and Electraclear. Founding Member Adio-Ultra.

Comment

Rhapsody, Nice website. Looks like you have done many very nice installations. What are you pairing the Inakustik with. I did not see them poking out behind anything yet.

Comment

• Rhapsody
              Rhapsody commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi Kingrex, Thank you for the comment on the site...appreciate it.

I actually have not sold any of the In-Akustik cables with any of the large recent installs as Rhapsody just started selling the In-A's a few months ago. It will take some. I have sold several IC's, dig cables, usb cable (excellent), ethernet and HDMI cables. Have not sold any of the sp. cables as of this time.

I have the LS-400 and LS-2404 Air sp. cables and use them in the Rhapsody studio literally with everything that we have ie., Jadis, Kondo, Zesto, AVM, Goldmund, Soulution, Vitus, Rockna, Aurender etc. Both the speaker cables and the IC's pretty much work across the board. I also use the NF-2404 IC's across all mentioned equipment.

Also use the reference phono cables with the AF1 Premium and the AF3.

We also have two each of the new In-Akustic Power conditioners, which are also excellent and again are reasonably priced at $3500.

All of the In-Akustik products sound great, but actually I am most impressed with their build quality. The cables are easy to work with, light, flexible really nice terminations. A+++

They are very flexible and easy to place. That has been very nice.

Comment

Working...
            X