Inakustik Reference LS2404 Air Speaker Cable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inakustik Reference LS2404 Air Speaker Cable

So I bought these cables. After burning for 50 hours they are quite a bit better than anything else I have ever tried. They easily best my Graditech. If you don't know Graditech, those easily bested my Level 3 Anti Cable. They are really quite an amazing cable. Everything is perfect and accurate. Amazing highs down to full bass. Piano notes are very natural with accurate harmonics. Bass notes resonate as they should. I had to turn my volume down 2 clicks or 3db as the power is so effortless through these. They are also very supple. Very easy to bend and install. Very highly recommended.
    Pure Audio Project Trio 10/Voxativ, Transition Audio 811A Triode monoblocks, First Sound Audio Mark 3SI, Custom TT with Vertere tone arm, Allnic H1201, Denon 103R Midas Saphire with line contact diamond. Mojo Audio CAT Server with remote Illuminati power supply, Mojo Audio Mystique V3 DAC. Akiko Corelli, Custom power strip direct wired to panel with OFC copper wire. Inakustik Ref Air 2404 Speaker cable. Genesis and Inakustik NF2404 Air Interconnects.

Originally posted by Kingrex View Post
    So I bought these cables. After burning for 50 hours they are quite a bit better than anything else I have ever tried. They easily best my Graditech. If you don't know Graditech, those easily bested my Level 3 Anti Cable. They are really quite an amazing cable. Everything is perfect and accurate. Amazing highs down to full bass. Piano notes are very natural with accurate harmonics. Bass notes resonate as they should. I had to turn my volume down 2 clicks or 3db as the power is so effortless through these. They are also very supple. Very easy to bend and install. Very highly recommended.
    The Graditech where you can combine the 3 different conductors for the best sound?
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers, cj ART300 40th Anniversary monoblock Amplifiers; cj GAT preamplifier Series 2; Doshi V3.0 and Thoress Mk. 2 phonostages; VPI Vanquish turntable/12-inch 3D tonearm/12-inch Fat Boy, SAT LM-12 arm, Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges; Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads/Doshi V3.0 tape stage run balanced; Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords. Stillpoint Aperture panels, SPod Magico feet, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC. Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks; Audiodharma Cable Cooker; Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

I had the Lumi 1. So mine was the base model. Stand alone the Lumi 1 was a little thin but still nice. Very clear and accurate. As is, the Lumi 1 were almost as full as the Anti cable but more clear and open and natural. A friend of mine gave me another set of wire he made where her ran 24 individual very high quality tone arm wires in each bundle. I actually paralleled that with the Lumi 1 for a long time. I still had clarity and accuracy and now a lot more heft and weight.

I let the new Inakustik run 50 hours. They need 100 minimum and best 500 to be correct, but I got anxious. I queued up a Carly Simon, James Taylor, Cat Stevens and Chopin. Did intense listening. Then I swapped the cables. To be honest, I was thinking I would really have to listen hard to hear faint differences. I put the Chopin on first and queued up into the piano tracks, then hit play. This is through my digital. It took all of 2 seconds to say wow. This was something very special. I backed down the volume and really realized what I was hearing. It was very nice.

Before getting these I told the distributor. I was getting the best sound I ever got from my system. Good enough when cooking in the next room it would draw me into the living room and make me sit and listen in wonderment. The Inakustik took it up a measurable level.
      Pure Audio Project Trio 10/Voxativ, Transition Audio 811A Triode monoblocks, First Sound Audio Mark 3SI, Custom TT with Vertere tone arm, Allnic H1201, Denon 103R Midas Saphire with line contact diamond. Mojo Audio CAT Server with remote Illuminati power supply, Mojo Audio Mystique V3 DAC. Akiko Corelli, Custom power strip direct wired to panel with OFC copper wire. Inakustik Ref Air 2404 Speaker cable. Genesis and Inakustik NF2404 Air Interconnects.

Comment

I was told I can forward this. These comments are from Francois, one of the founders of Tenor Audio. He has the model below mine. He likes them so much he is now aa distributor.

have start listening to the Inakustik 1603 speaker cable at 20h tonight.
        At 22h I had complete my comparison with 3 other cables with unknowed music just to make sure I did not fool myself with pernicious expectation . You know how audiophile are.

Result 1603 was clearly superior to other cables
        than I start to listen to all my reference tracts. Those I have listen to countless system. Those I was sure I knew all limitation: glare there, confusion in voice here, compression in climax, confusion in crecendo, false reverb, uncertain trimbal spectrum etc. I thought I had to live with all these.

It is 12h30 and I am shock and stop listening and go to bed because I am sad I have miss so much for so long.

So far, in all my ref track, not only all pitfalls have almost vanished but overall, enjoyment level have raise tremendously. All violons for example now sound like real violin, almost all strad...
        All instruments are so lifelike and so separate and set in space that vraiment, recording are way better than what I thought. I have many test track coming from recording made in 1990-95 and I thought that glare was from limited digital recording....it is now obviously not the case.

And I have not listen to my turntable yet...

I could continue like this but I will go to bed with smile
        I simply imagine what the 2404 or 4004 could possibly do...scary

Bonne nuit et merci

Comment

Looks like a similar construct to the Skogrands I have in house. Only the Skogrands are stiff.

What do the IA cables cost?

Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers, cj ART300 40th Anniversary monoblock Amplifiers; cj GAT preamplifier Series 2; Doshi V3.0 and Thoress Mk. 2 phonostages; VPI Vanquish turntable/12-inch 3D tonearm/12-inch Fat Boy, SAT LM-12 arm, Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges; Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads/Doshi V3.0 tape stage run balanced; Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords. Stillpoint Aperture panels, SPod Magico feet, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC. Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks; Audiodharma Cable Cooker; Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

• Spla'nin
            Spla'nin commented
            Editing a comment
            FYI - Looks like 'Worldwide Wholesales' had listed the LS2404 as CAD $4000 retail last August, they have model LS4004 listed on audiogon now at US $5500. both 2.5ft length

It may look like other design but it may be unique. Each strand is made from 24 individual wires braided together. Each of those strands has a coating that keeps them from interacting and creating eddy currents. They are also double layeres around the core helping to neutralize magnetic fields.
          Last edited by Kingrex; 02-28-2018, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Our cables are manufactured in a small workshop in the mountain hills of Norway. We stand firmly within a thousand year history of cautious and sincere...

Comment

I like Norway. One of my best friends is from there. I have read about the Skogrand. Arn't they quite expensive. What is the list? I think my list is $3,400.
              Inakustik smelts their own wire. They do not shield. They sell 7000 reference cables a year. Asia and Europe are the big markets. Over 200 are in the USA. I have never found a used one for sale.

http://www.in-akustik.de/en/cables-a...nce-selection/
              Last edited by Kingrex; 02-28-2018, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• MylesBAstor
                MylesBAstor commented
                Editing a comment
                Skogrand carries cables from entry to exotic levels. I think the Vivaldi is their entry level cable.

Shielding can be a blessing or disguise.

• Kingrex
                Kingrex commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes Shielding can be a blessing or disguise. I just rerouted my speaker cables to skirt the outside of my amps moving away from all power cords on the inside. I am not sure the whole affect as I also installed 2 inch thick Acrylic amp stands with spikes under the amps. That was 2 changes at the same time. I am happy with the sound and find it a little more quiet and easy to relax when listening.

These look very interesting to me.

2/20/18 Edit: I couldn't stand it any longer. I ordered a 2m pair of LS-4004 Air.
              Last edited by timztunz; 02-20-2018, 07:49 AM. Reason: Update
              Horning Eufrodite Ellipse III Speakers - 300B Monoblocks - TW Acustic RLS-100 Line Stage - TW Acustic RPS-100 Phono Stage - TW Acustic Raven AC with (2) 10.5 Arms and Black Knight Anniversary Upgrades - Ortofon A-95 and Miyajima Zero - Playback Designs MP-5 to a Bricasti M1 DAC for SACD (DSD) and Redbook - Tascam 42B (Refurb by Soren Witrup) + Doshi V.3 Tape Stage - (2) Silver Circle Audio TCHAIK 6's - Furutech Power Cords & Interconnects + Inakustik LS-4004 Air Speaker Cables - VPI 16.5 RCM

Comment

• Spla'nin
                Spla'nin commented
                Editing a comment
                You will have to report back when you have had a chance to listen to them.

• timztunz
                timztunz commented
                Editing a comment
                Spla'nin I will do so.

Just found this on the Tube .. If you haven't seen it already

Comment

I saw it. I looked at these very hard before I made the decision to move on them. So far I'm very happy with them. I had a cable manufacturer as well as amp builder at my house the other day. He thought it was excellent that I had to turn the volume down at least 3 DB when I put them in. He was really there to listen to my music server and speakers. He was very impressed at how Musical My setup sounded at this time. he has heard it in the past and thought it was all much better. His only suggestion was to remove the iron core choke in my speakers and replace it with air core. We spent the rest of the day engineering that.
                I really like these cables and would highly recommend them.
                Last edited by Kingrex; 02-28-2018, 08:28 PM.

Comment

• Spla'nin
                  Spla'nin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I would be interested in hearing what you have done & are doing on your crossovers .. maybe over on the DIY lately thread ? Or start a unique Pure Project thread ?

Sure, be happy to. I can post some pictures also. So far I rewire them with custom wire and I have floated the crossover behind the units.

Comment

I saw it. I looked at these very hard before I made the decision to move on them. So far I'm very happy with them. I had a cable manufacturer as well as amp builder at my house the other day. He thought it was excellent that I had to turn the volume down at least 3 DB when I put them in. He was really there to listen to my music server and speakers. He was very impressed at how Musical My setup sounded at this time. he has heard it in the past and thought it was all much better. His only suggestion was to remove the iron core choke in my speakers and replace it with air core. We spent the rest of the day engineering that.
                  I really like these cables and would highly recommend them. They can be had for a much better price than what is shown as list.
                  That means that when you put the new speaker cables in, somehow they seemingly doubled the power of your amps which is impossible. If you backed off the volume control so you really had a -3dB change in output level to achieve the same listening level you had with your older speaker cables, something has to be wrong with your setup.
                  SP-10 MKII table with custom power supply designed and built by Peter Noerbaek with an SME 3012R with Dyna XV-1S cartridge, VPI Avenger table with rim drive and JMW -12-3D arrm with Lyra Etna SL cartridge, Zesto Andros 1.2 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, NOLA KO speakers with a pair of Def Tech Ref subs, and a pair of JBL 4345 speakers.

Comment

I like my speaker cables so much I ordered a set of single ended Reference NF 2404 air interconnects. It will be interesting to compare it to the Genesis. I have reciently been testing interconnects. I tried a set made from 1940s western electric wire. They were pretty darn good. Especially since you can make them for $200 a set. They had a little mid range bloom and bass boost. Not a lot. Enough to give Jazz and rock a nice lift. They were not as capable of separating complex classical music. I preferred them to all the other $600 to $800 popular brands I have tried. The new Inakustik will go between my preamp and amps. No reason to remove the Genesis. That is a very good interconnect. Genesis handles the complex music very well and has a very non obtrusive, non fatiguing play.

Comment

Working...
                    X