Introducing Wave Kinetics Records!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing Wave Kinetics Records!

Today we'd like to introduce you to Jonathan Tinn along with his label Wave Kinetics Records and two DSD256 releases featuring pianist Ilya Itin! And we put violinist Rachel Podger in the Spotlight with 15% discount on several albums - after she has just won the Baroque Instrumental Gramophone Award 2016 for the DSD recording of Biber: Rosary Sonatas.
    1. Wave Kinetics Records: new label and albums
    2. Gramophone Award for Rachel Podger (15% Off selected albums)
    3. Last call for 15% Off Dodd's DSD Discoveries
    1. Wave Kinetics Records: new label & two new albums in DSD 256

Ilya Itin is one of the most exciting pianists in the world today, and we wanted to make sure the recording was worthy of his performance.

Knowing we wanted to capture the performances in the highest possible resolution, for analog we decided to record to 30 I.P.S., ½ tape and simultaneously for digital, to Quad DSD (DSD256). Our intention at all times was to stay as true to the live performance as possible. There was no noise reduction, no limiting and no compression used at any time during this recording. For production and engineering, bringing in Grammy Award winners Thom Moore, Rob Friedrich and Michael Bishop of Five/Four Productions seemed the logical thing to do.

-- Jonathan Tinn - owner and CEO at Wave Kinetics Records New DSD Releases

Debussy - Preludes Book 1

Ilya Itin
    Qualities: DSD 64fs, DSD 128fs, DSD 256fs
    Channels: Stereo
    Debussy - Preludes Book 2

Ilya Itin
    Qualities: DSD 64fs, DSD 128fs, DSD 256fs
    Channels: Stereo
    "Itin’s is a rare and exciting artistry indeed…poised, pure, and ravishing in its range of color, Itin’s playing is a prime example of a superb technique put at the service of an inquiring and imaginative mind."

-- Daily Telegraph, London

"I don’t think I shall soon hear a greater performance of Debussy in my life."

-- Zsolt Bognar, Living The Classical Life 2. Gramophone Award for Rachel Podger

"I am very pleased to share the news with you that Rachel has won the prestigious Gramophone Award for a DSD recording we made in 2015. The award ceremony will take place on September 15th 2016 but I would like to hereby pass my early congratulations to Rachel! It now marks 25 years that I have had the honor to record music with her, of which 15 years has been recorded in DSD. What a treat! Keep your eyes & ears open for the upcoming Bach: The Art of Fugue by Rachel Podger (expected mid September at NativeDSD)."

-- Jared Sacks - recording engineer and producer at Channel Classics Records GRAMOPHONE AWARD WINNER

15% discount - use code: RACHEL
    Biber - Rosary Sonatas

Rachel Podger
    Qualities: DSD 64fs
    Channels: Multi, Stereo
    MORE FROM RACHEL PODGER

15% discount - use code: RACHEL

Vivaldi - La Stravaganza 12 Violin Concertos

Rachel Podger
    Mozart - Complete Sonatas For Keyboard And Violin Vol. 3

Rachel Podger, Gary Cooper
    Bach - Violin Concertos

Rachel Podger, Brecon Baroque
    Perla Barocca - early italian masterpieces

Rachel Podger
    Vivaldi - L'Estro Armonico

Rachel Podger, Brecon Baroque
    3. Coupon code DISCOVER

gives a 15% discount and is valid through August 31st on the 7 DSD Albums from Dodd's DSD Discoveries

That's all for this week Myles, thank you for your ongoing interest & support. Have a lovely weekend!
    Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Zellaton Plural Evo speakers
    -Goldmund Telos 300 stereo amp
    -Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier
    -Doshi EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga Mk. 2, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MutechHayabusa, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 6, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies and Ensemble Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz 3 racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA OHIO Class 2.1+ platforms.

I've got the Quad dsd files (and 2xdsd files too) of both the Ilya Itin piano recordings (book 1 and book 2) and they are astonishing!!!

if you want to hear real native Quad dsd files that would be these.

I must admit I'm no classical or Debussy expert......but I love this solo piano recording. great tone, super dynamics, and piano decay that goes on and on and on. and a wonderful flow and sweep. I go to it often as a demo piece.

quiet, quiet, quiet backgrounds yet excellent sense of the recording venue......with some real grand piano fireworks here and there that will test your system headroom.

added note; I have all those Podger recordings too and they are wonderful.
    https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/615

Comment

Yes, the Ilya Itin albums are really amazing in Stereo DSD 256. Recorded by Thomas Moore and Rob Friedrich at 5/4 Productions in DSD 256 Stereo, they are sonic stunners.

The albums were used to sneak preview the Merging Technologies NADAC MC-8 DAC a year ago at The Show Newport by David Robinson at Positive Feedback. DSD Exclusives, Not Available on SACD. But now you can own them for $21.22 each in DSD 256, DSD 128 and DSD 64 Stereo from Native DSD.

The word from David Robinson at PF:

"My conclusion? Simple, really: The Wave Kinetics Records two-album set is truly the finest, most right-on performance of Debussy's Preludes that I've ever heard, with the most outstanding production and audio engineering of a solo piano that I've ever experienced. Frankly, I consider it to be worthy of a Grammy, for both its performance and for its production values. I hope that Wave Kinetics Records pursues this recognition for its sterling work here.

Regardless of whether you're listing to Ilya Itin's Debussy Preludes on a major full-range system, or via headphones, or anything in between, you'll hear what I mean. This is a true world-class reference album, a modern classic in our own time.

Those of you who have Quad DSD playback will definitely want to add this to your collection; you'll listen to it again and again. Debussy lovers, Ilya Itin is a brilliant artist! And if you don't have Quad DSD playback capabilities yet, what the hell are you waiting for?! Given the proliferation of Quad DSD playback over the past several years, there is no excuse for you live without this supreme audiophile reference format. These two album downloads all by themselves justify making an upgrade…but there are many more Quad DSD recordings available now, as well."
      https://wavekinetics.nativedsd.com/a...reludes-book-1
      https://wavekinetics.nativedsd.com/a...reludes-book-2
      http://positive-feedback.com/reviews...s-ii-quad-dsd/

Comment

Working...
      X