New UHQCD Discs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mep View Post
    I like my hamburgers hand-pressed, but I'm not sure about LPs. What is the advantage? I thought part of Chad's claim to great sounding LPs was the amount of automation over temperature and cycling times for his presses. What happens when you start to hand-press them?

http://www.qualityrecordpressings.co...fm?go=projects

You also skip a generation among other things like the Clarity vinyl:

http://www.analogplanet.com/content/...b6Wvv2tdSiT.97

Last time I spoke to Chad, he had acquired a third hand press machine and had hired someone to train on the Finebuilt press.

Part of the price is the extra work that goes into the pressing, the Clarity vinyl, the limited quantity, etc. I was a little disappointed though (and maybe it will change) that the first UHQR would be mastered at 33 rpm. Maybe some will be 45 rpm.

Myles B. Astor, PhD, Administrator
    Senior Editor, Positive-Feedback.com

-Magico S5 Mk.2 speakers with SPod feet
    -cj 40th Anniversary ART300 monoblock amplifiers
    -Merrill Audio Elemente 116 monoblock amplifiers
    -cj GAT preamplifier Series 2 preamplifier
    -Doshi V3.0 phonostage
    -VPI Vanquish direct-drive turntable
    -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
    -Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
    -Technics RS1506 with Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi V3.0 tape stage (balanced)
    -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords
    -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

AN-1603 UHQ - La Spagna in UHQCD, Ultimate High Quality CD.

It will be presented in Munich, High End show May 5-8 2016, at the CH Precision room A4.2 F221 (A4.1 E115). The demos will compare CD vs HQCD vs UHQCD vs Crystal Disc. The inventor of UHQCD came from Japan to explain the secrets of the process. The difference between CD and UHQCD is not a detail, it is something really huge. We did the tests and decided to skip the GOLD CD for La Spagna, choosing this format instead.

The title will be then available downstair (see references in that room).

La Spagna in UHQCD is the very first title made in UHQCD by a label outside Asia! We hope you can compare and enjoy!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	12998174_593467727484852_4552971693154590025_o.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	198.7 KB
ID:	11161

Maybe anyone going to Munich can check this out and report back!

PS. The release comes from AudioNautes in Italy who gave us the recent analog reissue of La Spagna as well as some 45 rpm reissues of some Three Blind Mice titles, The Four Seasons, Flute de Pan Et Orgue, etc.

PPS. La Spagna was one of the last lacquers Stan Ricker cut before he sadly passed away.

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage
      -VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy dual pivot tonearm, VPI 12-inch 3D Fat Boy gimballed and SAT LM-12 arm
      -Lyra Atlas SL, Fuuga, vdh Colibri Master Signature, MOFI Master Tracker, Sumiko Songbird cartridges
      -Assorted cables including Transparent XL Gen. 5, Allnic cables, Skogrand, Viero, Kubala-Sosna, MG Audio, Audience Au24SX, Genesis Advanced Technologies Power Cords
      -Accessories including Stillpoint Aperture panels, Cathedral Sound panels, Furutech NCF Nano AC receptacles; Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC, Symposium ISIS and SRA Craz racks, Audiodharma Cable Cooker, Symposium Ultra and assorted SRA platforms.

Comment

A quick search on eBay.com shows a number of titles available on UHQCD.

I have several HDCDs and XRCDs. For me, they are a step up from many stock 'normal' CDs, but that could as easily be down to mastering, recording or similar. Not as good (imo) as SACD which I genuinely find to be a significant improvement.

I'm keen to hear the results of Allen's listening.
        DIY TT w/ Transrotor mech, Roksan Tabriz Zi, SAE 1000LT
        Vacuum State JLTi phono stage, SAS B11a pre-amp, DIY 2A3 monoblocks
        DIY HD XMOS-based USB->S/PDIF converter, Danish Audio Designs 3-box DAC10
        DIY 3-way folded line speakers, DIY Open Baffles

Comment

Originally posted by mep View Post
          I like my hamburgers hand-pressed, but I'm not sure about LPs. What is the advantage? I thought part of Chad's claim to great sounding LPs was the amount of automation over temperature and cycling times for his presses. What happens when you start to hand-press them?
          he has at least three finebilt hand presses now. The advantage is QC, esp with 200g, working at a slower pace allows fine adjustments eliminating off center records and other defects.
          Linn Kilmax LP12 | Channel D | Jadis | Denafrips | Innuos | Klipsch Cornwall IV | Falcon LS3/5a | McCollum ESL 57

Comment

Originally posted by MylesBAstor View Post
            AN-1603 UHQ - La Spagna in UHQCD, Ultimate High Quality CD.

It will be presented in Munich, High End show May 5-8 2016, at the CH Precision room A4.2 F221 (A4.1 E115). The demos will compare CD vs HQCD vs UHQCD vs Crystal Disc. The inventor of UHQCD came from Japan to explain the secrets of the process. The difference between CD and UHQCD is not a detail, it is something really huge. We did the tests and decided to skip the GOLD CD for La Spagna, choosing this format instead.

The title will be then available downstair (see references in that room).

La Spagna in UHQCD is the very first title made in UHQCD by a label outside Asia! We hope you can compare and enjoy!
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]n11161[/ATTACH]

Maybe anyone going to Munich can check this out and report back!

PS. The release comes from AudioNautes in Italy who gave us the recent analog reissue of La Spagna as well as some 45 rpm reissues of some Three Blind Mice titles, The Four Seasons, Flute de Pan Et Orgue, etc.

PPS. La Spagna was one of the last lacquers Stan Ricker cut before he sadly passed away.
            I have the standard reissue CD of this and the highs are wonky. Would love a good reissue LP. Was Stan Ricker working on an upcoming LP release?
            Magnepan 1.6 QR Loudspeakers, Amherst A-2000 MOSFET 150 WPC Amp, Conrad Johnson PV-10A Modded Tube Line & Phono Stage, Electrocompaniet MC II Class A Head Amp, Shelter 501 Mark II Cart (St) , Graham Engineering 2.2 Tonearm (St) , VPI Aries-1 Turntable (St) , VPI Clamp, Denon DL-102 Cart, (M) , Luxman Tonearm (M) , Kenwood KD-500 Turntable (M) , Michell Clamp, Marantz 20B Analog FM Tuner, Pioneer SACD, Onkyo DX-6800 CD Transport, DIY 24B/192K DAC, Sennheiser HD-300 Headphones, Headroom Max Balanced Headphone Amp, DIY Silver Interconnects

Comment

Originally posted by JCOConnell View Post

I have the standard reissue CD of this and the highs are wonky. Would love a good reissue LP. Was Stan Ricker working on an upcoming LP release?
              The 45 rpm reissue has been available for a while now! Get it before it goes OOP.

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

The 45 rpm reissue has been available for a while now! Get it before it goes OOP.
                is it a BIS or a MOFI release? I see acoustic sounds has a 2-lp 33rpm set for $65 limited edition of 1000 cut by stan ricker, is this it?
                Last edited by JCOConnell; 04-12-2016, 09:01 PM.
                Magnepan 1.6 QR Loudspeakers, Amherst A-2000 MOSFET 150 WPC Amp, Conrad Johnson PV-10A Modded Tube Line & Phono Stage, Electrocompaniet MC II Class A Head Amp, Shelter 501 Mark II Cart (St) , Graham Engineering 2.2 Tonearm (St) , VPI Aries-1 Turntable (St) , VPI Clamp, Denon DL-102 Cart, (M) , Luxman Tonearm (M) , Kenwood KD-500 Turntable (M) , Michell Clamp, Marantz 20B Analog FM Tuner, Pioneer SACD, Onkyo DX-6800 CD Transport, DIY 24B/192K DAC, Sennheiser HD-300 Headphones, Headroom Max Balanced Headphone Amp, DIY Silver Interconnects

Comment

Originally posted by JCOConnell View Post

is it a BIS or a MOFI release? I see acoustic sounds has a 2-lp 33rpm set for $65 limited edition of 1000 cut by stan ricker, is this it?
                  Audionautes in Italy.

http://www.audionautesrecordings.com/index.html

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

• JCOConnell
                    JCOConnell commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, the one at acoustic sounds is the same issue but cheaper because its not a low number.

• MylesBAstor
                    MylesBAstor commented
                    Editing a comment
                    OK.

I demonstrated the difference between these 2 formats: UHQCD and SHM-CD in the High End Show Munich. The result is overwhelming. The audiences were surprised by the sonic sound of UHQCD.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Another title of UHQCD released in Hong Kong.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Andymodern View Post
                      I demonstrated the difference between these 2 formats: UHQCD and SHM-CD in the High End Show Munich. The result is overwhelming. The audiences were surprised by the sonic sound of UHQCD.
                      Thanks and welcome to the forum Andy!

What were the major differences you heard between the two formats?

-Doshi V3.0 phonostage

Comment

Or especially the new soon to be released hand pressed UHQR LPs made with clarity vinyl from Chad! Suspect we'll see them sometime in 2016.
                        That reminds me of Chad's response to a question at one of the DSD Discussions hosted by David Robinson. The question: why does Acoustic Sounds charge more for the SACD version of an album compared to the Stereo CD? Chad: "Sometimes you want a burger, and sometimes you want steak"....

Comment

Thanks and welcome to the forum Andy!

What were the major differences you heard between the two formats?
                          The difference is huge! UHQCD provided wider sound stage, more space and better separation of instruments. Also it was much cleaner at the background. The stereo image of the violin was much focused. The body of violin was much in detail. Most important, the sound of violin was much sensational!

Comment

Originally posted by Andymodern View Post

The difference is huge! UHQCD provided wider sound stage, more space and better separation of instruments. Also it was much cleaner at the background. The stereo image of the violin was much focused. The body of violin was much in detail. Most important, the sound of violin was much sensational!
                            Hi Andy,

Thanks for sharing that. I still haven't opened my UHQCD (Jacintha's Best of). What player was being used? I have a low end Denon Universal player and wonder if I will hear any difference.
                            Kronos Sparta -> Trinity Phono -> Trinity Pre -> CH Precision A1 -> Magico S7s

Comment

Originally posted by allenh View Post

Hi Andy,

Thanks for sharing that. I still haven't opened my UHQCD (Jacintha's Best of). What player was being used? I have a low end Denon Universal player and wonder if I will hear any difference.
                              CH Precision D1 player was used. The idea is that if it is a good recording, no matter what kind of system we are using it will sound good. If it is a bad recording, a high end system can't change it to be better one. UHQCD is just like a "good recording". Since the UHQCD technology can physically reproduce the pits and lands of metal stamper perfectly on UHQCD, UHQCD can now provide master sound of the master source. So it will work from low end to high end system.
                              Last edited by Andymodern; 05-29-2016, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X