ROON Metadata issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROON Metadata issues

Long rant: Does anyone find Roon's classical metadata issues as frustrating as I do? There is no rhyme or reason to when a Tidal download will sort properly or - as seems to be increasingly the case - the pieces and movements are in an absolutely indiscernible "order". I get that Hyperion's 30 some CD set of Schubert Lieder sung by 30 some different singers is a tough sort. But Tetzlaff's Bach Violin Sonatas and Partitas? There are only six! Or Klemper's Complete Beethoven Symphonies? I've post numerous times on the support and community site and have gotten no satisfactory answers.

I am very close to cancelling my subscription. Can anyone suggest an alternative? I stream from a NAS or Tidal to Nimitra S server and Modwright/Oppo Sonica DAC. Sorry for the rant, but I am at wit's end

Have you reached out to roon ?

Comment

• JCOConnell
      JCOConnell commented
      Editing a comment
      what make and model is the TT in your avatar? At first glance it looks like a SME series 30,
      but its not that on closer inspection. TIA

https://community.roonlabs.com/
    Chris
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Kef 201/2, Pass xa30.5, W4S STP-SE, Manley Chinook, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV20x2L, ExaSound e32, Acoustic Zen cables. (Office): Vincent SP331 Mkll, Quicksilver Pre, Lumin D1, (Ken Lau Signiture Edition PSU), Bryston BCD-1, Vapor Audio Breeze, WooAudio W6se,Questyle Audio CMA800R LCD-3,HD800s, HD600, Mr Speaker Ether C Flow,

Comment

I have, yes - a few times. Sometimes they suggest a very complicated work around. For other issues they have no solution.

Comment

Working...
      X