No announcement yet.

Roon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don’t need much time I can help you and the change is major over the others. Not saying your wrong but what settings you choose matters
    did you try dsd if yes it’s set to bypass filters , dithers stock go to below settings forgot what it’s called and check the dsp box and the new 3.17 or 18 is much simpler
    analog stuff.
    otari mtr 10 2 track 1/4 made new by soren
    otari mtr 10 2 track 1/4 1/2 combo made new by soren
    sota sapphire used eminent tech ver 2 arm
    new sota nova table has magnetic levitation platter and full speed control and latest motor same arm as above
    thorens td124 sme ver 2 arm
    thorens td125 sme ver 2 arm
    kenwood direct drive sme ver 2 arm
    phono preamp Ml no 25 all re capped
    speakers cust infinity IRS V , new caps and LPS , magnets etc.
    mark levivson pre no 26 amps no 33
    digital three cust servers , win ser 2016 , AO
    Dacs lampi various

Comment

I've been using Roon with HQP the past several months. I really like how I can see my entire music collection (at least the digital part - including the 10,000 + albums I have digitized including album covers and backs) and easily play them with extremely high sound quality with HQP. As I mentioned in a previous post on this thread, I needed to have a very powerful computer to convert multichannel files to DSD256 for optimal sound quality in my mch NADAC. The person who built the computer for me consulted with Jussi of HQP to make sure the specs were high enough to do the conversions without stutters. He also configured the whole thing, so I didn't have to worry about the myriad of possible settings. Definitely worth the cost of having an expert computer audiophile doing it. BTW, he used Team Viewer to do the fine tuning of the computer to make sure everything was working smoothly, since he is a couple thousand miles from me.

The people on the Roon forum have been very helpful. I had a few issues and they were very quick with the exact information I needed to fix the problems.

Larry
      Analog- VPIClassic3-3DArm,SoundsmithZephyrII+MiyajimaZeroMono, 2xAmpex ATR-102,Doshi3.0 BottleheadPhonoPre,Herron VTPH-2A
      Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,Mykerinos,PacMicroModel2
      Dig Play-mchNADAC, LampiPac, Roon, HQP, Oppo105
      Electronics-Herron 360Pre,CJ MET1mchPre, Cary2A3monoamps
      Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR
      Other-512Engineer/Marutani Symmetrical Power, ArtKelmGround1, AudioDiskVinylCleaner,AirTightRecordFlat, Scott Rust Interconnects,
      Music-15KRecs(90%classical),1KR2Rtapes,50TBrips

Comment

Yes roon forums is great they always reply in help or facts
        very supportive group.
        May I ask about your sever ?
        What chip I??
        what OS ?
        Any add on software ?
        Usb Audio card or not ?
        psu used. ?

pcm to dsd 256 is not so hard but dsd 512 is what really gets crazy. Also the filters chosen make a world of ease or hard in upsampling with HQ player.
        I can do the whole gamut but honestly I love native mostly
        So you are upsampling dsd 64 multi channel iso or dff to dsd 256 2 channel ? Why dident you rip both ways from the start
        the iso rippped has both and you pick when you rip to tracks if I remember it correctly. I have used my ps3 Ina while. Tidal and some 15 TB is enough lol. And roon finds all I have like you said.
        analog stuff.
        new sota nova table has magnetic levitation platter and full speed control and latest motor same arm as above
        Dacs lampi various

Comment

Originally posted by Alrainbow View Post
          Yes roon forums is great they always reply in help or facts
          very supportive group.
          May I ask about your sever ?
          What chip I??
          what OS ?
          Any add on software ?
          Usb Audio card or not ?
          psu used. ?

pcm to dsd 256 is not so hard but dsd 512 is what really gets crazy. Also the filters chosen make a world of ease or hard in upsampling with HQ player.
          I can do the whole gamut but honestly I love native mostly
          So you are upsampling dsd 64 multi channel iso or dff to dsd 256 2 channel ? Why dident you rip both ways from the start
          the iso rippped has both and you pick when you rip to tracks if I remember it correctly. I have used my ps3 Ina while. Tidal and some 15 TB is enough lol. And roon finds all I have like you said.
          I am upsampling DSD64 downloads and SACD rips to DSD256 mch, so six channels simultaneously. Tom Caulfield, the engineer who does the Channel Classics digital files recommended that I use HQP to do the heavy duty work in mch so my NADAC doesn't have to work so hard in mch. No problems with stereo files.

Here are the details of the computer parts. It was done in April of this year. My builder chose all the parts.

CPU $1,649.99 i7-6950X
          MB $218.86 GA-X99M-Gaming 5 (rev. 1.1)
          RAM $300.99 Savage Memory Black - 32GB Kit*(4x8GB) - DDR4 2400MHz Intel XMP CL12 DIMM
          Video $545.84 ROG STRIX-GTX1080-A8G-GAMING
          PSU $199.99 Seasonic SSR-850TD PRIME 850 W Titanium
          Disk $629.99 SSD 960 PRO NVMe M.2 MZ-V6P1T0BW
          Case $137.66 Fractal Design Define R5
          Cooler $89.93 Noctua NH D15
          Fans $16.99 Phanteks 140mm Cooling Fan (PH-F140SP_BK)
          OS $139.00 Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM (64-bit)
          Apps $129.00 Audiophile Optimizer 2.0 beta 15 (using "strip down Windows 10" service tool option) $120.00 Roon server
          $150.78 HQplayer (sends to NAA)

I have no idea why he chose the parts, except my need for it to do the mch upsampling with ease. I tried three computers I have at home and none could do the mch files (I have about 600 albums in mch DSD, almost all in DSD64).

Larry

Analog- VPIClassic3-3DArm,SoundsmithZephyrII+MiyajimaZeroMono, 2xAmpex ATR-102,Doshi3.0 BottleheadPhonoPre,Herron VTPH-2A
          Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,Mykerinos,PacMicroModel2
          Dig Play-mchNADAC, LampiPac, Roon, HQP, Oppo105
          Electronics-Herron 360Pre,CJ MET1mchPre, Cary2A3monoamps
          Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR
          Other-512Engineer/Marutani Symmetrical Power, ArtKelmGround1, AudioDiskVinylCleaner,AirTightRecordFlat, Scott Rust Interconnects,
          Music-15KRecs(90%classical),1KR2Rtapes,50TBrips

Comment

Very nice setup.
            The chip is among the fastis made and its used in aound galleries and lampi SK server
            its capable of pcm to dsd 512 using any filter in hq player
            hq player needs the most horse power of any player for a good reason he uses the best algorithms for Audio made for us.
            Yoir video card I think is full unload cuda approved this allows for use of the video as the audio processor another good feature to have.
            He wants you to use hq player for upsampling not just for dac but hq player is the best upsampling period on the
            fly or offline it just better.
            Roon is great at finding and directing and sounds pretty good too on its own. But when you hear it with hq player there is no going back.
            Very good setup. Have you thought of a linear psu add on.
            Hd plex makes some 2 watt ones two would do you good
            enjoy that setup.
            analog stuff.
            Dacs lampi various

Comment

Al,

Thanks for the offer. May take you up on that if I ever decide to upgrade my digital system. My current DAC (Bel Canto) resamples all DSD back to PCM so HQ Player doesnt do much but add another layer for me. I've heard other systems with HQPlayer and was impressed so I am aware of what it can do.

Originally posted by Alrainbow View Post
              You don’t need much time I can help you and the change is major over the others. Not saying your wrong but what settings you choose matters
              did you try dsd if yes it’s set to bypass filters , dithers stock go to below settings forgot what it’s called and check the dsp box and the new 3.17 or 18 is much simpler
              Tannoy Glenair, April Sound SET 50 monoblocks and LR phono, EMIA silver remote attenuator and Strain Gauge, Mono TT - AE 208 TT, Abis 1.2BCS arm Miyajima Premium BE, Stereo TT - Fairchild 750 Schroder Custom BA, Miyajima Kansui, Mac Mini w/ Roon, Bel Canto RefLink, Dac 3.5VB, Wadia 860x.

Comment

I owned a ps Audio DS dac and a HUGO. Neither of them ever sounded right to me but did have some pleasing sound to them. Pcm can be messed with but dsd cannot in my world 🌎
                analog stuff.
                Dacs lampi various

Comment

Working...
                X