Network traffic isolation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network traffic isolation

for anyone considering setting up a music file sharing network I have a few suggestions and others feel free to share.
    Dont use your router directly in your music network
    this simply means don’t connect your music pc or nas or steaming pc to it directly
    now an alt is a second router that has another ip network share nkt of the home or private group. This makes the network traffic only for what is on this shared network ip.
    This is best of you don’t have a Linux or win based nas pc setup. Of you do install a Four port pci network lan card and make the pc main one the new ip this nas now is your router with network ports and houses the hard drives to share your music.
    If your not going to make your own nas /router switch then do this.
    Use one network switch only for nas , pc , steamer.
    Put this on an lps and try using as is it should be a notible improvment. Try unplugging your network cAbke attached to your network and listen for changes.
    Keep in mind if I plugged there is no internet as such no streaming services.
    The above is a good start for anyone no matter how complex the rest of your place is.
    Plessee feel free to comment on this topic so we can including learn from others
    analog stuff.
    otari mtr 10 2 track 1/4 made new by soren
    otari mtr 10 2 track 1/4 1/2 combo made new by soren
    sota sapphire used eminent tech ver 2 arm
    new sota nova table has magnetic levitation platter and full speed control and latest motor same arm as above
    thorens td124 sme ver 2 arm
    thorens td125 sme ver 2 arm
    kenwood direct drive sme ver 2 arm
    phono preamp Ml no 25 all re capped
    speakers cust infinity IRS V , new caps and LPS , magnets etc.
    mark levivson pre no 26 amps no 33
    digital three cust servers , win ser 2016 , AO
    Dacs lampi various

I have windows. How can you keep 2 routers from having to talk to each other while assigning IP address. My modem has 2 ports. I was wondering if I could get another router and connect all audio on one and the house one second.

is tthere a way to isolate the routers so they don't recognize each other. Or is that an issue as to IP conflict at the modem. I don't know these things. Does the modem have to have a discreet IP address per device in your total Network in order to bring the utility signal to that device?
    PAP Trio 10/Voxativ & PAP Trio 15 Horn speakers, Ampsandsound Casablanca monoblocks, First Sound Audio Mark 3SI Paramount preamp,
    Mojo Audio Deja Vu server, Mojo Audio Mystique V3 DAC, The Linear Solution Ethernet Switch, Blue Jeans Ethernet cablling,
    Akiko Corelli, Custom power strip direct wired to panel with OFC copper wire. Inakustik Ref Air 2404 Speaker cable. Genesis and Inakustik NF2404 Air Interconnects. ADDPower Symphony and Electraclear.

Comment

I had a CAT 7 cable installed that runs from my Infinity router located on my main floor to my stereo room upstairs. From the jack in my stereo room I am connected to a Netgear router and it shows up as a separate network from my Infinity network.
      Micro Seiki SX-8000 table with flywheel, SME 3012R arm, SME 312S arm, Lyra Etna SL and Dynavector XV-1S cartridges, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, Roon Nucleus Plus server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, JBL 4345 speakers, and Def Tech Ref subs.

Comment

That is good as long as no non audio is used on that router.
        If the dhcp on your second router is enabled it has to make a new gateway address.
        But having two dhcp controling Devices is a bad idea.
        Better to make the second router static non dhcp at wan port. You still get new network gateway but no dhcp confusion. You could do the same from one router and do a static ip at one port that goes to a new work switch
        the point of this is simple. A router does many functions as such has to prioritize commands this may slow or reduce speed. Using a seperate sw makes the sw perform almost all functions
        analog stuff.
        otari mtr 10 2 track 1/4 made new by soren
        otari mtr 10 2 track 1/4 1/2 combo made new by soren
        sota sapphire used eminent tech ver 2 arm
        new sota nova table has magnetic levitation platter and full speed control and latest motor same arm as above
        thorens td124 sme ver 2 arm
        thorens td125 sme ver 2 arm
        kenwood direct drive sme ver 2 arm
        phono preamp Ml no 25 all re capped
        speakers cust infinity IRS V , new caps and LPS , magnets etc.
        mark levivson pre no 26 amps no 33
        digital three cust servers , win ser 2016 , AO
        Dacs lampi various

Comment

If your talking about my Nethear router in my stereo room, it’s only used for audio.
          Micro Seiki SX-8000 table with flywheel, SME 3012R arm, SME 312S arm, Lyra Etna SL and Dynavector XV-1S cartridges, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 tape deck, Ampex 350 repros, Roon Nucleus Plus server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6 pre, ARC Ref 75 amp, JBL 4345 speakers, and Def Tech Ref subs.

Comment

Originally posted by Alrainbow View Post
            That is good as long as no non audio is used on that router.
            If the dhcp on your second router is enabled it has to make a new gateway address.
            But having two dhcp controling Devices is a bad idea.
            Better to make the second router static non dhcp at wan port. You still get new network gateway but no dhcp confusion. You could do the same from one router and do a static ip at one port that goes to a new work switch
            the point of this is simple. A router does many functions as such has to prioritize commands this may slow or reduce speed. Using a seperate sw makes the sw perform almost all functions
            Pretty sure I get it. I am going to make the audio router static since those devices don't come and go from the network. They pretty much run all the time. Plus the public router gets family and friend on it requiring more IP addresses.
            The Linear Solution should be able to help set me up since they are selling the Audio Routers with Linear PS. Thanks
            PAP Trio 10/Voxativ & PAP Trio 15 Horn speakers, Ampsandsound Casablanca monoblocks, First Sound Audio Mark 3SI Paramount preamp,
            Mojo Audio Deja Vu server, Mojo Audio Mystique V3 DAC, The Linear Solution Ethernet Switch, Blue Jeans Ethernet cablling,
            Akiko Corelli, Custom power strip direct wired to panel with OFC copper wire. Inakustik Ref Air 2404 Speaker cable. Genesis and Inakustik NF2404 Air Interconnects. ADDPower Symphony and Electraclear.

Comment

Working...
            X