Format sound

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Format sound

Does anyone hear a perceived sound change of converted or ripped format used on red-book or hi Rez
    now before this becomes a bits verses bits let me say this
    no conclusions bAsed o. Math
    no conclusions based on algoryhrms
    no conclusions based on playback software use
    no conclusions based on dacs used or how it is digitally attached to the data steam
    no conclusions based on any form of not hearing audio being played back
    the files can be ripped or converted from flac or any other format
    my one simple Question is this
    flac and AIFF in a direct compare no compression on flac
    or AIFF.
    IN fact later I can put up a link of the same song in both formats sourced from a cd rip of mine.
    It does not matter if it's ripped in flac or AIFF I fact in can be a converted file of flac to AIFF.
    so if anyone can adhere to the above must listen with there ears be it one or both lets try this and we all maybe can learn something
    now once we actually play the song and comment on what we each hear
    i would then love to know why.
    So who is willing to play this game
    joe P im counting on you as one lol.
    speakers cust infinity IRS V , new caps and LPS , magnets etc.
    mark levivson pre no 26 amps no 33
    digital three cust servers , win ser 2016 , AO
    Dacs lampi various

Sure, I'm willing to listen to various file formats to compare them and provide my comments and opinions. However, my digital playback sucks. With my Lumin network player based system, I can't hear much difference if any between Redbook to high rez PCM or DSD. The biggest differences I hear are due to the mastering of the music. Sound quality of digital files based on the provenance is all over the place. It's a lot like digital photography.

The majority of the files in my server are FLAC files with zero compression. I have quite a few AIFF files, but can't tell the difference. My philosophy and goal so far has been to get Redbook to sound like great analog and I am making progress to close the gap.

The most significant improvements to my digital playback recently have been to the network itself and streaming music from the internet. I'll publish my thoughts on that in a few months.

Comment

Joe my cell phone is+19174187922
      some time I would love to talk to you again
      I always learn from you and feel you never have an agenda love this about you.
      speakers cust infinity IRS V , new caps and LPS , magnets etc.
      mark levivson pre no 26 amps no 33
      digital three cust servers , win ser 2016 , AO
      Dacs lampi various

Comment

Working...
      X